X-Transbots Virtus (Masterpiece Springer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    So if ppl have cracked Dragstrip shoulders does that mean the entire set is labelled as a qc disaster? Are we completing discounting the opinions and experiences of those that have had good experiences?

What about the G2 and youth versions? They forgotten now?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

I've seen the youth version of Dragstrip break at the arm and engine block with little to no force. Not sure if that was a one off and John Garranger was just unlucky.

I don't recall saying the entire set was a qc disaster, just that Dragstrip had problems and the trailer transformation was horrible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That's the only instance I've now heard of personally, I think he's unlucky. Not seen any breakages of g2.

The inference was from the original post where it was stated xtb haven't released anything quality for a LONG time which is where this particular discussion started.

I get it. We all have different views and opinions but we need to cut the hyperbole.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

True, but keep in mind it is possible someone bought Ollie back in the day and it was a floopy mess, then bought transistor and it had horrible paint chipping and decided to drop Xtb/Kfc. Good word of mouth convinces them to buy Ditka only for it to be a floppy disaster lol.

Now imagine if they bought some of the Xtb Stunticons only for Dragstrip to have a shoulder crack and for the word to get around that Xtb Cup has horrible QC.

I can't blame people for thinking everything they make is junk. Personally I'm hoping Xtb Galvatron isn't QC issue ridden.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dragstrip's plastic is rather OK, apart from the shoulders, which have, in my case, hairline cracks. But the shoulders work fine. Yeah, its not ideal, but I have no problem major with that. I'll revisit this opinion when it falls off ;)  Which, if I remember correctly, didn't happen, to anyone or happened to an extremely limited amount of people - I think more poeple had Wildrider's leg fall of. Also, XTB Dragstrip had to design flaws - the but flap and the front wheel's, which were engineered poorly and could crack.
    The trailer's transformation is a irritating, but its not the worst. Yeah, some things should have been improved, and the price was too high IMO, but I'm happy with him. To be honest, I don't think I have a single figure that would be perfect. As long as they're good enough in proportion to the money I pay for them, I'm OK with that.

I'm not saying that its OK, nor that you opinion is in any way invalid. It is. I think people should point out these issues, and they should be discussed, because IMO consumers should know of any possible problems with a good they buy. The anger that XTB have been getting is justified, and they do have to get their sh*t together. That said, the Springer may be good. he just as well may be crap. Or he may be good, but have an issue here and there. I don't care particularly, because although I want to see the figure, I'm very unlikely to buy - I'm happy with my Apache. But that's just me. If somebody has qualms with his transformation, limited articulation, or don't like one of the alt modes - fine!

tl;dr some of us are ok with the shortcomings of figures to a certain degree (though admittedly Locke was a clusterf... - but I still get why some people like him, and XTB have a history with QC issues, so I absolutely get where you're coming from). That doesn't justify those shortcomings, but don;t assume that just because of them everybody will hate the figure universally. A lot of XTB berserkar owners will like them a lot, even admitting their limitations.

• Like Like x 4
  6. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Canceled my preorder. No updates to let us know what is going on and I'm not getting stuck with another XTP piece of crap. Going with Apache.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

So has there been any news about this thing lately? How does it go from imminent release > being repainted > being "fixed" > falling off the map? I saw in the Locke thread that Locke's planned for re-release in July, so does that mean this isn't even coming before September?

It's getting damn close to time to cancel this mess.

8. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i would rather they said nothing until they have a good quality product to show us

• Like Like x 4
  9. BaWeepGranaWeep

BaWeepGranaWeep Well-Known Member

Wish I hadn't made the mistake of paying in full a couple months ago when it looked imminent. Then again I really do want this figure, seeing the 3d rendering is what led me to discover this whole weird world of Masterpiece & 3P collecting in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Patience is a virtue! :cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mr Buttons

Mr Buttons Well-Known Member

BUT I WANT IT NOOOOOOW!

• Like Like x 1
  12. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

I'm honestly really annoyed, with XTB first, and ShowZ 2nd - that they acted like it's imminent and requested full payment to keep my early preorder secure.
    It's likely at this point I'll cancel - but only when my next preorder comes due so hat I can transfer the balance to immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ace7782

Ace7782 Well-Known Member

If you ask Show Z for your refund back in cash you should get it. I asked them for my refund back that way due to the delay and they refunded me with in a couple days. That's if you would rather not wait for another preorder to come up.

14. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

yep, i had no issues getting refunded my initial payoff plus the $50 up-charge S.Z had to do because XTB went "premium". I moved it over to Saltus since i'm holding off on any new XTB figures until they show how they handle the locke situation.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

That's probably exactly what i'll do too. I wanted this thing but it's too much uncertainty at this point. I already have Saltus paid off and Apache on PO somewhere else so I think I have Springer covered.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

I’m waiting and seeing what happens here. If it turns out to be a decent figure, I’ll pick him up.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Me too. I canceled my preorder but I'm still open to picking it up after reviews

• Like Like x 8
  18. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Same here.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks.
    Exchange rate stuff is a bother on that too.
    But I've got JX Blue Dragon coming up pretty soon though - if there's no word on Springer by then, that's what I'll do.

20. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

I got this at a discounted price in my TFSource stack so I'm reluctant to cancel it? But if the MMC or FT come out 1st I'll be going for one of those.

• Like Like x 1