X-Transbots Springer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Rulocal

Rulocal Well-Known Member

Wow you sound like your off your meds! Calm down a bit. ;) 

Showz usually only ask for payment, when they get informed by the manufacturer that the figure is incoming.

Which XTB did, THEN the Locke shit show happened and Virtus got pushback by XTB,

Sounds like it's not really Showz's fault, you should contact @ShowZStore on their website or even ask them directly in their forum for more information.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wunderbar

Wunderbar It's all so tiresome...

Nah I'm hanging on for my order, and it's not the money here but the principle. The cost of the figure isn't even that much. I, like so many others here, would love to know what showz knows. I doubt they are totally in the dark regarding XTB's delay. I'm sure they're worred about losing business of course, after the Locke fiasco. Confidence in XTB is waning.

3. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Well-Known Member

I've seen retailers show a little hostility towards Zeta and Toy World for bad support/parts. But they probably don't want to full-on vent about a factory if they want to continue carrying their products. Most retailers are polite enough to say "Toy World is currently not providing parts during CNY" which happened to end a month ago.

Other times, I think the retailers really are in the dark just as much as us. Folks keep asking about MP-47 KO and Gigapower. All we get are "I dunno, maybe soon" answers. It's a crazy part of the world where you really can't freely travel and investigate what is going on at factories without getting picked up by the secret police.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Did the MP TF Facebook groups start leaking into the forums?

• Like Like x 5
  5. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    There is no deepstate toy company man. The only thing wilder than your profile picture is thinking there's a conspiracy at play and information is being withheld. If you're mad contact the retailer. You'd be out of stuff to post about, but you'd get your resolution.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

You can thank Locke for all the silence. It was an unmitigated disaster on every level now they're still trying to clean it all up. Then you can add the cherry on top of them having to change his colors. So I wouldn't blame ShowZ, you may have issue with them but they can't tell you anything they don't know themselves.

Just try to be as patient as possible because we might be waiting a while. If you don't want to wait you should be able to cancel the pre-order even after it's paid. You'll probably only get store credit, though. Like when I cancelled Locke after I paid him off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Christiano

Christiano Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You people are answering your own questions but continuing to ask them. Multiple people pointed out how manufacturers set a deadline requiring payment for a partial release before a holiday and then failed to meet that deadline... This is why they don’t give weekly updates on releases: they don’t know if they can guarantee that date until it’s actually coming or past, so they wait until the last moment.

I feel like the same thing is happening with the Pepe the Frog profile photo... I like to make offensive jokes too, I just stopped pretending to be flabbergasted that someone wouldn’t ‘get it’ when I turned 17.

If you’re going to try to counter conventional wisdom on something associated with white nationalists, maybe you shouldn’t then react by throwing up your hands in shock that someone might assume that you’re on the conventional end of things.

You’re getting the reaction which you’re trying to get.

• Like Like x 5
  8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Daelo88

Daelo88 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

Springer delayed according to show.z fb page.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blingotron

This is what ShowZ had to say on FB about the delay.

Question is, how long of a delay?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

More worrying is that they're saying that it's made in the same factory as Locke - didn't XTB say that springer was being made in one of their own factories?

• Like Like x 1
  14. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    No, the new Locke is being done in the factory that was going to do Virtus. Not the other way around.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blingotron

So, how many months are we guessing the delay could be? I'm going with at least 3-6. Sucky thing is I can't cancel my pre-order or i'll lose the price I got on him.

16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    12 months at least

17. Christiano

Ebay:
    My guess? Two months, tops. They've already lost out on the first batches of Locke and are likely only trying to salvage those at this point. If they spend another 6-12 months trying to salvage things, it's just a further loss. I'm speaking out of school here, but my impression is that once a product has been released and largely underwhelms, you don't wait another year or two to continue racking up bad faith and further returns/cancelations.

I think that Locke will get his re-release fast; it's the following Virtus and Eligos releases which I think are the issue. Virtus, I've never expected before April. Now, I'd bet that it's more likely May-June. But any issues from there or any other plans they have are probably going to push Eligos further and further back, and if you're XTB and you're trying to maneuver around any FansToys reissues, the plan is likely to be to either release it right away to stem the tide of new FT orders placed by hurried customers or to wait a few months and just let them punch themselves out and then, you step in and hope that anybody who bought the competitors' options has reloaded and is ready to get yours too.

That is pure speculation though.

• Like Like x 3
  18. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

So glad I bowed out of this figure

19. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    A find it interesting that they can't run more than one production line at once in the factory, you'd think they would try getting more than one at a time done. Must be a really small operation.

20. Christiano

Ebay:
    I’m not even sure that they couldn’t as much as it not being cost-effective. If you only have the number of employees you need to operate, you’re either going to be selling two products which likely eat into each other’s markets or in cases like this, you’re going to be hiring contractors, new employees or outsourcing.

And the KO issues are probably bad enough without saying “Let’s get 200 new people who will only work here for three months and have little incentive to not rip us off to look at our schematics and materials.”

• Like Like x 1