X-Transbots Savant (Masterpiece Skids)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TigerBlade, Sep 1, 2017.

1. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    hahaha I forgive you, sizzlean. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  2. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Ugh too much spam

3. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Steakā€¦

Try to keep up!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Hope they do a toy recolour

5. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I received my Savant from BBTS today. I wont have time to transform him until later, but I can sat this...I have never seen such a well painted, tight fitting Alt. mode. X-Transbots didn't skimp on the details.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today along with XTB Flipout from a Taobao seller. I'm in the same boat in that I haven't transformed it yet but alt mode looks great and tightly fitted. I really appreciate the fact that XTB is doing carbots and carcons with rubber tires.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

kinda sad that they removed the turbo scoop on the hood. it's in every prototype and promotional photo, so i didn't realize that it wasn't on the final figure, till someone pointed out it was missing. (getting crosscut, cause he's not a turbo, and never had the scoop in the og toy) I hope FansToys tackles skids, or x-transbots release a version with the scoop.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I bet the scoop isn't there because "toon." :(  27deba244a5fc83f84a5c31a964b2bc2.jpg

9. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I've finally transformed my Skids...HOWEVER, his weakness is clearly the head and the neck. I'm really hoping for a retooled head in the future that couples better with the neck that's on him now.

10. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

I kind of feel like XTB made the absolute most perfect Skids, got everything so right it made us all drool over a character who's incredibly minor in the original G1 show... and then for reasons known only to them messed up the mouth of all things.

I guess faces are highly sensitive. I have him right next to my Crackup, his mouth is perfect. It's like a fraction of a millimeter of plastic that makes all the difference.

Oh well, in all other respects an A+ figure in my book. Only other negative is getting the front window untabbed, holy hell that was scary.

11. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Ever since I bought Savant I wanted to make this image. Next would be making my avatar image.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. Springer

Springer Autobot Aerial Defense

Finally hit ship at TFSource for this and Agent Meister.

13. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Its been said before in this thread but it's really impressive how nice a figure XTB has made here. They took a D-list transformer and gave him an A-list figure. So well done! The finish is incredible!
    XTB went from a company I swore I would never buy from again to a company I hold in the highest regards. They are firing on all cylinders and I can't commend them enough

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I think it's actually fair at this point to ask whether XTB has actually surpassed FT as the best third party company. XTB's figures are more show-accurate, now they're made of equally good materials with equally good finish, and now they have better transformations and engineering with fewer design flaws. The last several FT toys, aside from Dracula, have been incredibly un-fun. As good as Quietus presents, I was even more blown away by Crackup when I transformed him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This release seems to be made fun of a lot from what I seen. I don't understand why? Takara released MP Red Bumblebee, and no one made fun of him. He never appeared in the G1 cartoon. Skids at least made an appearance, though brief. Why the shaming? I haven't read most of this thread, so I don't claim that any of this is happening here. I'm just saying what I've seen elsewhere. Overall, XTB's Skids seems like a pretty good release. Some have the left shoulder problem, but otherwise, he's not bad at all in terms of how well he's engineered. They improved their paints apps as well by quite a bit. Plastic seems of decent quality. They matched the paint well with the plastic. And he fits right in with the rest of the MP line. I'm not a fan of Skids myself, but honestly, I'm very tempted to get at least this one. It's also kind of cool how tall he can get given that he turns into a runty little hatchback. XTB has really stepped up their game tremendously in the past year and a half. Good for them! Keep up the good work, X-Transbots. I hope they come out with an all red one. :) 

LMAO! That was epic. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

I suppose its fair to say that XTB wins in the fun department but there's something intangible about a FT figure that makes me forgive any flaws it may have. XTB is on FT level, for sure but I don't feel like they've surpassed them yet. On the other had, it probably depends on what one is looking for from the figure.

17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I give ft a lot of flak but I still don't think xtb is quite at their level yet. The reason I hate on ft so much is because their prices are just too high. For what they charge, their figures should be darn near perfect. Also, it seems like the mistakes they make are just stupid. Koot's bad transformation that could have been fixed by shaving off a few millimeters of plastic with absolutely no detriment to either mode. Rouge's painful transformation, lack of waist swivel, and gappy sides. These are the kind of thing I'd tolerate in a $60-80 figure but are a little harder to swallow in $110 figures. Also their transformations are never fun which is an enormous sin for transformers. But the feel in your hand and the shelf presence of their figures is still unmatched.

I sing xtb's praises on their recent figures but if they were (over)priced similar to ft, I'd be a lot more critical. That said, Savant was $90 which isn't too far removed from ft carbot prices so I do turn a slightly more critical eye toward the flaws like the mouthless face, cat eye headlights, and easily scratched thighs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    If you can, buy your FT figures off Taobao.com if you want cheaper prices. I picked up FT Quietus for about $105 shipped.

19. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've looked into toaboa a few times and it all seems like too much of a headache. I prefer to buy from a reputable retailer that has them in stock and ships then directly to me. Preferably a US retailer so there's less worry about international shipping. It means I pay a little more but there's peace of mind.

What I find odd about toaboa is, at least in my early perusings of the thread, it seemed like there were significant savings to be had on ft figures but the savings on other figures was quite a bit less. Does that mean that the retailers are just marking up ft figures more than others?

20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It's quite simple once you learn the process. Plus, for an additional fee, there are English friendly Taobao agent services you can use to help facilitate your purchases. Some are Superbuy and Bhiner.

• Like Like x 1