X-Transbots Neptune (MP Seaspray)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    Quick update. They're more than willing to ship me replacement parts if I pay to correct a factory error. I'm not surprised this is the stance they took, I've read the same reviews of their last few releases everyone else has but good lord. First I had to send photos to verify there was a problem and then once they could see it they told me that they would correct it as long as I pay out of my own pocket to fix it. You can't write worse PR than this on the heels of Locke.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Same experience with my recent XTB Andras figure. It seems that when you buy an XTB figure, you should assume that you may have to pay a bit more after the fact, so save $10-20 JIC... and maybe factor that into their figure prices

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Allspice

Ebay:
    Yeah, their "work around" was that they could ship it to the supplier even though I told them it had been bought for me as a gift, and that when I had similar issues on past figures the supplier also charged shipping unless it was going out with another order. So, my choices were go to my friend who randomly gave me an incredibly thoughtful gift, tell him it was damaged and see if he could have it mailed with whatever ships out from ShowZ to him next, or pay the shipping. I paid but made it clear that I won't be buying Virtus anymore, regardless of the reviews, and will be canceling my Eligos pre-order which I'd already paid in full if Showz will allow me to convert it to SC. They absolutely lost any future sales from me over 7.00. Getting this response on the heels of Locke was the final nail in the coffin.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

Never expected such horror stories. I love my Klaatu, and was stunned at his quality. Neptune looks equally worth his price point (I'm sorry, but Spindrift 2.0 doesn't to me), and I really see myself owning him at some point. I hope he's not a lemon.

5. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can tell you that my copy has been absolutely flawless, still standing on my shelf till the day Spindrift 2.0 arrives (i'm still keeping him though).

• Like Like x 1
  6. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is it possible to make it a bit shorter playing with the ankles or knees? I don't like how much taller than MP21 this figure is, because I have Sea change episode fixed in my mind (Spindrift 2.0 neither does to me, too toony, the plain legs remind me MP Inferno's).

7. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually you can, just push down the knees and sure enough, they can still bend while being shorter!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not my picture but here is Neptune with his legs not fully extended and side by side with Spindrift 2.0. Not sure you could get him any shorter:

FB_IMG_1618146487061.jpg

Versus extended (also not my picture):

FB_IMG_1618146683537.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. toretilo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks!

Spindrift 2.0 size is ok for me, now I see it I think I could get it and give it a try to find my sweet spot between tall and shortlegged. Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Allspice

Ebay:
    Oh it get worse, they sent me a second head after I paid shipping that was so tight it had widened out the hole on the back of the head. I took a photo and emailed Mrs Sue and got a "sorry it is so hard to remove the screws on this head". I then said I'd really like a replacement head since I was sent another that was over torqued and I got crickets. I cancelled my already paid for Eligos P.O. with ShowZ, and it's gonna take awhile before I ever give XTB money for a product again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jjh

jjh Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to sell a couple of Neptune's beach accessories?

I'm looking for the beachball, bucket, and shovel.

Willing to PayPal a fair price + shipping. I'm located in San Diego, CA. PM me if interested. (100% positive feedback on eBay with 600+ feedback)

12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try emailing XTB directly for those accessories. They may send them to you for a small shipping fee.
    [email protected]

• Like Like x 1
  13. toretilo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I finally got Nepune, if I set it eye to eye with Toyworld Cosmos I'm ok with the height and it looks less skinny, though the arms look longer, but good enough, it will be my Seaspray.

zeazprayz.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    I saw there’s a preorder up for a reissue at TCP, but with old pictures. I wonder if it will still have that stupid metallic paint.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I LOVE the metallic paint, but I can see why some wouldn't if you're looking for a more "anime/toon" deco.

That said, the XTB is with my G2s because of this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

I see a bunch from Chinese sellers on eBay for less. What am I missing here?

17. RSMasterpiecefan

RSMasterpiecefan Newbie MP Collector

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bought mine from eBay for like $50. It's my first X-transbots figure after the house fire and one of their best releases. (Also the metallic paint rules)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Lazerlips

Lazerlips Well-Known Member

Can you get the knees to lock in place? The thighs keep sinking down on my copy.