X-Transbots Neptune (MP Seaspray)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, it's FT Tesla/Perceptor all over again. XTB's version does the character justice, but I'm gonna have to see a lot of reviews before I purchase another one of their products.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Well .. the artwork was kind of shitty, yes.

Good for 30 minute toy commericals though and good compared to the other garbage that ran around the same time.

I don't mind diverse robots and a range of different body types/personalities.

They seen what the toy looked like transformed and did their "best" from there and we ended up with a "chubby" Seaspray.

The voice/personality was all well and good and I am not knocking that at all. But I'm not going to pretend a bunch of thought went into the design, because there wasn't.

You mentioned yourself you get the sentiment of wanting the figures cleaned up. I'm sure as not to compromise the alt mode, and make it not look completely ridiculous; some alterations had to be made for the bot mode.

As with the whole MP line up, I'm sure we would have had a bit more bot-mode accuracy on every figure... if the alt modes looked worse :p 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New renders from the XT weibo account ;) 

87488dc2gw1fbc4l95zy5j21hc0rp77t.jpg 87488dc2gw1fbc4l9yfa4j21hc0rpq6g.jpg 87488dc2gw1fbc4l9bkbij21hc0rpwht.jpg 87488dc2gw1fbc4l8d08gj21hc0rpq7w.jpg 87488dc2gw1fbc4l8jh6ej21hc0rpwi6.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  4. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pics look good, but his legs/waist seem to be too far forward on the body. Anyone else seeing that, or is it just me?

• Like Like x 8
  5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah jeez XTB. Is that a sliding bar in his knee? Say it ain't so. That could have a major impact on his stability. And I kind of worry that they're going to do another Boost with this guys feet. Looks like a lot of stuff spinning and sliding and clipping into place at the back of that foot.
    And will the solid non-hinged waist/crotch flaps impede forward movement of the thigh? Looks like it'll go outwards just fine but may be limited forwards.

• Like Like x 2
  6. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

I was gonna let this go, but since you previously called me "dishonest" solely because I didn't like a BadCube figure (the audacity!) and it seems you're being a bit dishonest yourself, I'm going to point out a few contradictory quotes. Honestly!

So, your most recent opinion is that the animation wasn't very well done, yes?

It's true, I suppose, that if you're comparing most episodes to Miyazake or Disney features, the animation is far from stellar. It wasn't a feature, though. It was a series, animated quickly (the massive number of Season 1 and 2 episodes were produced very quickly after the toyline became a sensation nearly overnight) in Asia. I'm guessing the budget was average or below for other contemporary series in its genre/class.

All of that said, I don't feel the animation was "shitty", "bad", or "children's drawings" in general. There are plenty of gaffes and ugly cells, but overall, NOT bad when put in context IN MY OPINION.

Agree to disagree, I guess. This is all opinions so far.

...But that's not what you were referring to.

When you were comparing this figure's (robot) form to the shape and form he had in the various media, the best representative of how he SHOULD have looked is the finished and colored Media Model. So, when you call that "shitty", "bad", "lazily-drawn", with "not a lot of thought into it", you are obviously comparing this figure to that specific art piece (which, aside from the toy, IS "G1" Seaspray) and insulting what Seaspray looked like (not the execution of replicating that design in the animation drawings).

Really?
    It seems that you do. You don't like the way a lot of the characters looked/were represented. You clearly don't think much of the animation. So other than the toys - completely separated from the comics, books, and show - you express dislike for seemingly a significant portion of what "Generation 1" was.

You obviously do:
    Did it occur to you that the artist that made that model wasn't "shitty" or 'lazy' but just wanted to give some physical personality...like someone with an inner tube around them, or a tug boat, or someone that was inflated [hovercraft!], or whatever. Do you think Cosmos looked "chubby" [had the shape he did] because the artist was 'lazy' or "shitty"?

Is dat what dey done seen?

There were at least a few people in the art department that liked the design, and that IS "G1" Seaspray, so for those wanting a Masterpiece(ish) "G1" Seaspray, that's probably the shape, contours, form, and colours many want. To deviate from that form, those proportions, those colors is to make something with a different aesthetic.

I guess we'll just have to trust you and your extensive knowledge of what occurred in 1984 from no-doubt hours of interviews with Floro Dery and the other character designers.

OR...as with some figures - official and otherwise - you can have the best of all worlds.

I'll remember.
    Oh, wait: I disagree in regards to the Media Models, which is what we're comparing the possible figures to.

So...You somehow want incomplete pencil lines, mis-colored fields, dust and hair on the cells, and non-moving body parts fixed for the figures?

Indeed, it is. But it is not a vacuum, either.

Had you written "I prefer Brand X's Not-Seaspray because it's proportions are more like the toy and not like the comic and cartoon model", well then no one can argue what you like and don't like. That's a comment and opinion.

Honestly!

• Like Like x 7
  7. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks fairly good. He could be a bit fatter though.

FT's Seaspray looks nothing like the character to me. Too skinny, and his proportions are off.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I'm really at a loss for words. Don't know if I should feel flattered he went through all that trouble.

Still, his user name to this day is so beautifully ironic. Finally put him on ignore :( 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Initial_G

Initial_G Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks nice, just wish he was a bit tubbier like how i remember in the cartoon. It's just slightly off still (where as their Cosmos really hits the spot)

10. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

I wish!

Whatever gets you through the night, Sweetheart.

Oh, zing! I've got to get to the burn unit, but before I do: "Please don't throw me in dat dere briah patch! Anything but that!".

Anyhoo....

This figure:

I personally don't like the proportions or the shape, and until KFC and X-Transbots demonstrate a consistent record of improved quality control on their "version 1"s, why would I consider throwing money at their product?

"Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice..."

11. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  12. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like the renders Cheem posted back in January, just in different lighting? Waist is still awfully far forward in a standing pose.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    i think Im gonna go with toyworld for seaspray. theirs nails the cartoon aesthetic

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I'm with you, bud.

• Like Like x 1
  15. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Not much... Just not having watermarks. Oh, and his name is Neptune.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Hm still not frumpy enough :p 

17. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Well well well, looks like they woke up and finally giving proper pricing on a minibot!!!

I find Toyworld nicest for toon / fun look, and FT for a more toy / sleek look, but honestly, i like ALL 3 versions, ie XTB, and that doesnt happen very often for me. With proper pricing, i can now consider XTB more seriously. I hope their Arcee can be sooner instead of later, and cheapest option, just like their Trailbreaker (seems to be the best version by a long shot until we see FT offering more in detail, but also, the cheapest version).

19. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    wonder if they will lower the price on cliff and cosmos

• Like Like x 1
  20. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

If TW won't include an alternate head without breathing holes, I'll join team Neptune!