X-Transbots MX-V Dante (Inferno)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

I have Dante en Da Vinci and I do not notice any real difference. The fists went into the arm easier on Da Vinci (to get the spray nozzle out), but that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

Grapple AKA 50 shades of yellow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I aksed this last Friday on the Tirador/Artfire thread, but I guess everyone is just using this thread.

Does Dante come with little holes in the tips of his nozzle hands? Artfire comes with the squirting water accessory like Dante does, but my Artfire has no holes to actually insert the water spray. Do I need to drill this out myself or did Dante come with proper nozzle hands with tiny holes to accept the water spray accessory?

4. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    @Oheretic did this:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Crap, I even "liked" that post back on October 15th. I could have sworn I'd seen a picture of that spray nozzle somewhere. @Oheretic is clearly some kind of genius and I can't figure why on earth XTB wouldn't have done the 1.9mm hole themselves.

Thank you for jogging my memory.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

I did the same 1.9mm mods to my Artfire. Makes a world of difference!

• Like Like x 1
  7. samuraiprowl

samuraiprowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello there, how's your seat alignment? My Artfire/Tirrador seems to assemble incorrectly.

312649317_5665151700217599_3676417724072161625_n.jpg

8. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Mine has the same thing. I looked at how to fix it - and I don't think it can be done without visible damage.
    There's painted plugs covering the screws you'd need to access to disassemble him.
    It doesn't bother me enough to risk it yet... but if Carravagio has it when he arrives, I may attempt it.

EDIT: I stand corrected. @Oheretic steered us clear!
    I did a little how-to for anyone else who encounters this:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. samuraiprowl

samuraiprowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I agree, don't want to risk fixing it without proper method.
    My Carravagio not have this seat issue. I had reached their service email, not sure they can help.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I ve just bought Da Vinci ,hope will be a worthy purchase.
    Is a pity that all of these arms jointing his head appear thin but if plastic is strong as described should survive transformations ,and using extreme care in where to touch them could help , my fear is also that screw,also here if I don t use extreme force shouldn t destroy piece.

I ve choosen Da Vinci over Takara Mp 35 because realistic cranes is one of my passion,he has a smiling face although i still prefer Takara one and xtb is a rather big bot. Now I m already thinking to his first transformation,in the past I could do it safely on Gravestone although a little stressfull , maybe this one will be esasier.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oheretic

Oheretic Well-Known Member

Thank you kind sir. For goodness sake, though, use a hand drill chuck not an electric one!

Yes, I had this with Da Vinci. It is mis-assembled. Looking at it, you think it isn’t possible to fix it, but it’s deceiving you and it’s actually quite easy. You only need to unscrew the two long screws underneath the cab that go into the silver posts either side of the widescreen (be careful!) This will then allow the whole top of the cab to be removed; you can then flip the seats forward to where they should be and reassemble. Once they are in the right position, there is no chance of them getting caught under there again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  12. blurr95

blurr95 Team Monkey Pants

I just got Dante and Da Vinci on Saturday and they are amazing. XTB did an outstanding job with them. The white armature that the head assembly is on is actually really stout. It didn’t feel fragile at all. The screw holding the boom mast and the fire ladder on is a different matter though. I replaced them with a longer one and made all the difference. The boom on Da Vinci never broke but the ladder on Dante did, running the longer screw into it made it feel good and solid even after it broke. I think the screws might have been a 2x12mm screw.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cross posting with the Caravaggio thread

Spoiler - He loves it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Thanks you ve been very kind.

About screw broken piece does it damage just vehicle or also something in bot mode?
    I ask just for curiosity, i m ready to this eventual repair anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  15. blurr95

The only thing that broke was the peg that it screws into and that is attached to the boom or ladder depending on the bot. Nothing else is effected. I had been planning on doing it as soon as I got them. The one of mine that did break, I just ran the screw through it and then into the ladder and it feels solid. I don’t think I would chance not doing it. It breaks real easy. And it’s about as easy of a fix as can be.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    The multi-hinged armature connecting the rear turret and ladder/boom to the truck is really just an inelegant parts-forming cheat. I like a lot about this mold, but the way in which that part is designed to reach the cab is clumsy, and the connectors are not attractive at all in truck mode. I thought I was most bothered by the oversized feet, but seeing the transformation makes me think I would not enjoy converting this from one mode to the other.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  17. blurr95

As ugly as that connection is, it is very easy to transform. The hole thing is really. The armature really isn’t that bad. But it is kind of ugly.

18. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I didn’t mean to suggest it was difficult— only that it doesn’t look fun. I despise parts-forming, but honestly removing those arms would clean up this design considerably. It would kill any interest I might have in the figures, but that isn’t a clever design at all.

19. blurr95

I will agree about it not being a clever design for sure. And it is kind of ugly. But once in bot mode you don’t really see it, and that is where mine will stay 99% of the time. I will admit though, I might actually transform these guys from time to time. They are fun, reminiscent of the G1 toys to me. They are not full of panels and I like that. I am finding myself kind of want Tirador and Caravaggio after having these two. I have no reason to have them either.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I’m genuinely tempted by Caravaggio. And you’re right, the unsightly armature tucks away neatly in robot mode. My enjoyment with the toys is in the transformations, though, and that’s the one part that doesn’t look fun.

I think my big conflict is that MMC’s design is so spot-on. It looks great and the transformation is simple but satisfying. It’s my preferred take on these guys, but I like the look of MT’s versions as well. I like to try out different molds, and I’m looking for something to get me off the fence on this one.