X-Transbots MX-V Dante (Inferno)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 15, 2015.

1. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

Hate the feet, and too big. Don't understand why so many 3p companies tackling a shitty character when there all many good characters not being made. At the very least get in touch with other 3p to find out what they are doing and giveneach other the chance instead of going against each other. More different characters to have now and being able to change old onesnpater is better than having to choice of 1 character done by 3 different companies.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    3-4 version of one character seem to be the normal now. As we know most third party companies are related to to others. FansProject and Maketoys are family, KFC and X-Transbots are family. MMC and Mech Ideas are family. So each of those families are making their own. We should be happy FansToys, Gigapower and TFC Toys are not making Infernos! Those companies have their fingers in the MP market too.

I just wish one company would have the brains to start off with the Hauler or Artfire versions, since Maketoys has Inferno and Grapple out... or dare I hope, a blue SG Inferno!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  3. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like these guys are feeling the heat from MMC and Maketoys. I hope this guy comes out soon. Looks good.

4. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    I see what you did there. ;) 

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want my Defender of Space Reprolabels bird for his chest! Then I will command him to save us with his laser cannon!

[​IMG]

"Look, it's Phoenix, It's Phoenix King!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  6. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Both modes look great. They had to make a sacrifice somewhere, and I am assuming those swing/folding bars on top of alt mode is it.

(At least it doesn't look like a 5 year olds little tykes fire engine)

When painted and when the ladder is placed down, I'm sure it'll be just fine.

However I'll still be waiting for reviews/v2

:) 

7. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

And a portable mini-tape deck bot is taller than an F-15 bot! No taller than MP Ironhide would be ideal for Dante, but you can't compare scale of the F-15 jets to the carbots, even the big trucks like Prime and Inferno. In reality, F-15s are too huge and have to be considered separate. However, thinking about the cartoon, the jet modes didn't seem that big anytime there was a given character next to them, even a carbot. I believe they didn't mass shift and were equivalent to minibot versions of real F-15s. I love trying to make logic of the G1 cartoon. :) 

8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    I love that he's called Dante, he looks good from the prototype, so far.

9. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great so far, and the height is perfect imo for a MP Inferno. I could see myself buying this guy if reviews are positive, but given the company I'll likely have to pass.

10. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Best inferno to date.

11. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Whoa. I wasn't aware of this figure. This has the best alt mode in my opinion. I may cancel my order with MMC.

12. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

If anything Starscream and Optimus work in toy accurate scale where the same driver's could fit in either.

13. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

This is such a huge dilemma. This by far looks the best of the 3, no question about it. The waist has the right look to it unlike the MMC version and he is not too fat like the MT one but it is XTrans. You know it will be garbage. What a shame. It is too bad Keith has no idea how to control his own factory or care enough to ensure that the items he sends out are quality.

This is a stellar design, just about perfect except for those bars pointed out in the alt mode. It is such a shame to see work this good be manufactured by someone who has so little care into what is produced.

14. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon UT Gang Rise Up

News Credits:
    I like his size, I've always felt that he needed to be a bigger bot than Hide or Hoist. Plus his alt mode would scale (somewhat) better to the other MP vehicles.

15. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

After all the recent reviews with Arkose & Boost, I have to wait again to see if X-Transbots is going to take pride on this figure or try to just grab someone's money.

After getting Apollyon, I swore to myself that I would not get another figure that does not have better quality materials/transforming mechanisms to help support a more difficult transformation no matter how good it looks.

The face sculpt is beautiful and may look overall better when it comes to scale, but I will wait for more people to jump on this guy before I do.

16. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Xtransbots best designs worst production quality. I mean how the fuck is that possible? How can you have time and time again the superior design and then shit for production quality and QC? I just makes no sense it hurts hut my brain thinking about it.

17. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Badcube proved they wanted to make quality products after their Cubex/Huff release by switching factories. It seems X-Transbots/KFC is getting such cheap rates from their factory, I think it's the reason they focus so much on getting the best looking figure out.

It's sad because I gave them a pass on Apollyon based on the difficulty of the release, the newest Transistor was very good and I thought Scourge was excellent. I just wish I could feel good about pre-ordering any of their products.

18. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Definitely the best Inferno design...at least as far as my tastes go. On the other hand it's pretty big. I'm willing to be fairly lenient on size but as big or bigger than Soundwave may be pushing it.

Like many of you I think I'll play the wait and see game. I'll get this or none of the Inferno releases, but at the end of the day I'm not going to die if I don't have Inferno on my shelf. I can definitely afford to wait.

19. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, this looks the best of all three, in both robot and vehicle mode especially.

It's a damn shame it's X-Transbots. After Apollyon, I would be extremely reluctant to buy anything else that they produce unless it has flawless reviews.

20. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

it is possible because the design is outsourced. The design is top notch and has been on many of the designs used by XTrans. The problem comes from Keith in general. He buys the design and then manufactures and distributes. Keith is in total control of the factory end of things and so that is where ball is dropped. He doesn't care enough about quality of the fandom in general, all he cares about is getting a quick buck from someone who thinks his stuff looks good. typical HK business mentality, ever buy shoes from the HK night market that look just like converse until you put them on and find cheap rubber sole, thin canvas and shittly laces? this is the exact same mentality. Take something that looks amazing and produce it for as cheap and crappy as possible to get a quick buck.

As I say it is a real shame that anyone even designs for him any longer as everything that gets put out is garbage quality wise. I would be so ashamed to be putting my name on something that fell apart as soon as it was touched. It is also why I don't understand why the fandom continues to support this habit. People continue to purchase his items even knowing they will fall apart. As a community why do we even allow this to happen I am wondering.