X-Transbots MX-V Dante (Inferno)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not quite eye-to-eye. I would guess he's about a half head shorter than Prime which would make him a half head taller than Ironhide. To me, Inferno should be slightly taller than Ironhide. If you want to say that Ironhide is too tall as well, then I would be right there with you (I think he is)...but sadly not much can be done about that now.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dante also has his legs spread pretty wide! more than Prime.

[​IMG]

Of course some people might say a Fuso Fire Truck SHOULD be bigger than a Cherry Onebox Vanette! Heck, if you went with vehicle size, Inferno should be like twice Ironhide's height. That's why I'm using Deluxe Ironhide and this Inferno.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  3. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

hmmm...yeah that is a good point. I hadn't noticed that. If he does in fact turn out to be exactly Prime's height, then I agree that would be too tall. I could live with it...but it definitely would be taller than I'd like. I'm not usually one to argue that alt mode should dictate bot mode scale...but Inferno and Grapple are one case where I think their alt modes justify them being taller than the scale chart shows (i.e. Ironhide height). Ideally, I would have made Ironhide about a head shorter than MP27 turned out to be and then Inferno would be MP27 height...but oh well... :) 

4. supafly

supafly Banned

I hope they release Artfire first and that version of the mold gets all the QC crap-fest semi-fixed. This looks very good!

5. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In all honestly this is the best Inferno to go with Classic Voyager Optimus Prime, if you are going by vehicle mode scale. The MMC and Maketoys ones would go more with the Deluxe Classic Optimus Prime in scale.

6. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Well that's a real nice lookin prototype.

I have MakeToys' Hellfire and I love it to death, but this is really sweet - great proportions and style in robot mode. Hard to see it being that much better that I'd replace Hellfire - I really like that one - but they did a damn fine job here. Damn fine.

As for size, I always thought of Inferno and Trailbreaker being in that sweet spot between Ironhide and Optimus. MP Ironhide is really tall, and these guys may very well have waited to see how tall so this can be taller. That kinda looks like Optimus size though, which I'm not crazy about.

Also I'll have to see if they include a toy head, because I like the toy head so so much better. But as far as a toon head goes, this does look like a really nice headsculpt.

7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

The prototype looks nice but I don't trust XTB's factory not to mess something up so I'm going with MMC.

8. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, i am going to wait and see, but I share your concern.

Andras was top notch - if they can match that here I will get this. There's something about MMC's stuff that seems a bit off to me...

9. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fun thing about being one of the rare Transformers collectors with an inch of patience, I can wait until after a couple of reviews to order something!

10. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

Just don't like that weird swing-bar thing at the top of the vehicle mode. Just always seems like XTB use things like this for their transformations. Seems like it might be awfully fragile.

11. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how he looks!In both modes!I agree the only thing weird is thise series of hinges on top of the vehicle mode...Other than that,this vehicle is perfect and by far the best (in my opinion) of all 3.Very happy with this :) 

12. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree---^ XTB tends to go for overly fussy transformations; which often include unnecessary fiddly panels, twisting of parts and even diecast pieces that flip/turn/twist that all just make the transformation more messy than fun. IMHO this is part of what makes their pieces easy to break or fall off (in my case with Arkose) and their transformations confusing and in some cases downright unfun.

13. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Inferno design is looking pretty good, but with the picture of the altmode I noticed something the the plastic tub. Is that a X-Transbots Reflector? Or is it another Reflector by some other comapny?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats 99% the KFC Reflector

15. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the looks of this guy. It's between MMC and XTB for Inferno. With Andras's good reports, I was hopeful. But Arkose, Hatch, & Boost have me scared. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

16. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just wait for reviews :) 

17. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you and I agree on all points, Ironhide is just slightly too tall. I'd be happy with him slightly taller than Ironhide, but I think this Inferno is basically eye to eye with Prime if both were standing straight. It's hard to say though.

Have there been pictures of MMC Inferno with Ironhide/MP10? I've looked at so many Infernos recently I can't remember. Still think MMC will be my Inferno, like I said the only issue I really have is the head "wings" are a little large. I don't really trust XTB quality either at this point.

18. Weezie

Weezie Taking a break, back soon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's KFC's Reflector. XTransbots is KFC (or some kind of sub brand of them).

19. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

like the long altmode (besides the too obvious swingbar whcih would be covered if the ladder was down in normal position) but the bot mode is too tall for me. inferno was never soundwave height and optimus like bulk. back to mmc i guess? lets hope mmc doens't mess up with a too dark windsheild. if decide that i can deal with the height being wrong.....i will stick wtih xtb....

first impressions have me leaning mmc now

20. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

im much better at waiting now, having been burnt a few times... although its tougher with that EB pricing for MMC's version

hopefully there wont be any color adventures