X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I would have thought that it's the production of IP-infringing goods and not the purchase of them that is illegal?

2. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

For it to be counterfeit goods, you would have to pretend to be a Hastak product with Hastak labels and markings. This is clearly labeled xtb so no one is confused that this is a Hastak product.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Don't know if that would fly in the US where the person benefiting is liable like the person doing the offense for a lot of stuff . You can be charged for someone dying of an overdose you supplied. You serve alcohol to someone drunk and they have an accident you can be charged. Same with prostitution it's illegal on both ends( except Nevada)

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Context is important. The post I was replying to mentioned both KOs/3Ps. 3Ps aren't straight counterfeits, but there are KOs exactly as you've described above out there in the market and there are laws for that.

Also would you then say that products like IT's Dinobot and Megatron are not counterfeits? Wikipedia does not think that the brand matters whatsoever. It appears that according to the law, INTENT is more important. If you are trying to substitute the real thing with something that looks the same, then it's a counterfeit.

Counterfeit - Wikipedia

5. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to chime in quickly, BSF doesn't do KOs. That's Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Ive been confused about where the stress marks are supposed to be in BSF's video and the pics above due to the lighting.

Are they happening in the plastic that contains the pin for the waist?

7. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Looking the same is not specific enough. Many products like toasters, jeans and purses look the same with different branding and it’s not counterfeit. Ko is counterfeiting because they took an actual product that was already made, copied it and used misleading branding. I would consider IT ko because they took an actual product that was already made, and used misleading branding.

3rd party is not using an actual product already made (masterpiece stunticons) , and are not using misleading branding, so I would not consider that counterfeiting. It’s in the grey area of ip infringement, which could easily be fair use parody since names and back story have been changed. Like the tv series “the boys” where instead of Superman it is homelander etc. Though as we move closer to toon accuracy it would be harder to defend that. But I suppose adding an removable American flag cape to all the transformers would be enough to change the look.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Here:

20200114_202152~2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I read the internet and it looks like it agrees with me.

Seems like importing KO’s could be a problem (although it has not been the case with TF’s for anyone to date). But if a retailer like BBTS imports them, we can knowingly purchase and legally enjoy our fine pirate booty.

Buying Counterfeit Goods: Laws and Resources

D32174FD-7737-46FB-A99A-F660B6097DB2.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The irony of calling out people as ignorant and then immediately giving unqualified legal opinions while using Wikipedia as your support is palpable.

Sorry to everyone on this thread for contributing to the ceaseless derailment of the topic, but some comments (or sequences of comments) are insufferable to the point that I can’t help myself.

On topic, thankfully BBTS got this guy in finally, so I will hopefully get to enjoy some wanton IP infringement in the next few days.

• Like Like x 5
  11. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we get back to talking about ya... um... Stunticons?

• Like Like x 6
  13. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe the justice department’s official position is that we can purchase, discuss AND enjoy the hell out of them

• Like Like x 2
  14. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Ah got it, thanks. Thought it was light glare before.

Yep mine has it identically after 1 transform. What a bummer for an otherwise great figure.

I plan to use Roadking for bot and Gravestone for truck/combined mode. Wonder if @ibot could consider an extra part sent with the trailer reworked to not stress?

Would be really disappointed if the waist just splits in two someday when putting him in combined mode. I'm hoping that even if that piece splits the others will hold it together.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  15. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I hope you’re right. Other than this worry the figure is fantastic; much better than I anticipated.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

I believe all copies have these "stress or bend marks" to some degree. Mine has it, but not as wide/pronounced as pictured above.

You have 2 big, heavy, pieces of die cast metal... the chest + the lower pelvis/thighs section... connected by one small single plastic hinge. Plastic =/= as strong as metal, which it is supporting. Bad design choice. Not sure why. Should've just made it out of die cast metal... since it is already supporting 2 large pieces of die cast metal. Plastic hinge = bad choice. Especially if you like abdominal crunching him a lot.

I'm surprised no one has not split or broke their Gravestone in half yet... with some of the reported damage listed in this thread already!

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: 

• Like Like x 1
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After the MP Hound shenanigans, I cracked open my shock oil and applied it during the first transformation. I have no stress in this area at all.

Obviously I can't say that it would definitely have happened without the shock oil, but I obviously didn't have it out of the box, at the very least...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Purchasing KOs is illegal?? *rolls up cigarette pack in shirt sleeve and starts playing with MechFanToys robots on the floor* Guess I'm a badass then.

• Like Like x 8
  19. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

At the end probably Capone is the one I'll transform as first one,bot is really a strong plastic toy and has a sturdy head. But Gravestone .... if transformed carefully just sometimes should never break in 2 pieces and also neck or head joint should remain safe .I'll transform him also for curiosity of bot mode and poses ,but I prefer him as truck.
    I'm very impatient to see his trailer,could be more menacing than Roadking in this mode.Last one is awesome as bot despite the most tedious transforming but maybe appears to have no weak points that could break in transforming him.

20. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I roll a KO of MP Exhaust (with Marlboro livery) in my shirt sleeve when I want to be a serious badass.

• Like Like x 12