X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Does anyone think that the G1 Toy Version of Motormaster will be like $250 BUT come with the trailer? If they are going all out with the G1 packaging, it should be accurate, no? Also, is anyone else concerned over the lack of Toy Wildrider? I’m 100% in on the toy set, I really want it to be complete.

3. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

I just looked at 598 Robots' video and he does it the wrong way as well! Some might comment that the designer couldn't possibly be doing it incorrectly, but he really struggles at that part. It's here if you're interested:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Cheesed, and Spammed

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    It's standard issue...

5. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Cheesed, and Spammed

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    The ones that have commented about that were doing it sarcastically ;) 

This is the video to watch, the collar gets folded the correct way to get good clearance :) 

• Like Like x 4
  6. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Not really, its coming. But with CNY on the horizon, it'll prolly be a month or two before we see anything. March TFCon will most assuredly have the trailer and G2 Gravestone, but Toy Wildrider could totally be there as well.

As I've said before, I think the reason we haven't seen anything on it was because there isn't going to be anything big about it that stands out from the original. The major thing about Toy Crackup was a new paint job that might appease people who hated the color of the normal version. Toy Deathwish had the big racing stripe in car mode. And even though you could just not rotate original Overheat's shoulders to match the original toy, for the promotional material for Toy Overheat that's a "feature". Not to mention the modified engine piece.

But yeah, sure Toy Flipout will have a different head and chest piece, plus all the tampos. But I feel it isn't going to have that wow factor that makes its stand out on its own. Like I'm guessing either it wasn't ready/finalized when they showed the toy decos of Dragstrip and Dead End, or they didn't want to overwhelm people with one too many things coming out before Gravestone was even out (because G2 Dead End was slated to come out then as well). So yeah, by the time December rolled by, I expect they didn't want to show it then either and get lost under Gravestone's release. Because while it would've been cool to see Toy Wildrider at that time, all anyone would be talking about would be Gravestone since 1) the wait was so long and 2) Capone and the RK re-release were also coming, so Motormaster would be the main thing on everyone's minds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Ebay:
    @ibot Is there a chance the G2 version of Gravestone will have more realistic alt mode features? More translucent plastic for all the lights, chrome/metallic grill and/or fuel tanks? Thanks in advance!

8. mcguffin spark

mcguffin spark Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to see Toy/Youth version of Gravestone. I’m all in for the toy version of Menasor.

• Like Like x 1
  9. maddogtheta

maddogtheta Well-Known Member

It's most likely just going to have toy accurate tampos and paint. They're not going to make a whole new mold of the trailer and cab turning into Gravestone...

• Like Like x 6
  10. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

The toy versions aren’t replicating the toy transformations and engineering so it’s going to work the same as all of the other toy versions — just decoed to replicate the looks.

• Like Like x 6
  11. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Surely will have a G1 head with all its helmet details and maybe some little differences in body sculpts but cab will remain identical but a silver grill is a chance. Both G2 and Youth must be confirmed and without trailer is better especially if complete sets would be around $250.

12. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    20200119_142018.jpg 20200119_150832.jpg 20200119_150841.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 21
  13. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 15
  14. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

Looking at Gravestone's thighs.. initially I wasn't too hyped up with the reuse of MP-10 styled design.

But now after having it in-hand, it feels good and solid. Not a bad thing to reuse mp 10 engineering..'coz it lasted so long. It's an upgrade actually, whereas MP-10 thighs was all plastic. Gravestone is diecast! :D 

• Like Like x 3
  15. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Were anyone else's front tires too tight to where when cramming them in the chest cavity the rubber tires were slightly pushed off the rims? Earlier I made the comment that one of the tires was too loose and needed to be tightened, but I think I may need to loosen both up instead so they can sit at the right angle without the rubber tires being pushed off the rims and get stretched over time.

16. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

I have this happening, so I don't even squeeze them in all the way. I push one to about as far as it can going without it moving the tire off the wheel, just making contact, and then I fold the other wheel over and close up the chest. Not seeing any issues with this yet so I'm gunna keep transforming him this way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

That's what I do as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

Question - Has Keith ever done business with an outside, independent designer ?

19. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    598 Robots has been exclusively designing for XTB as far as we know, so he might have his own brand, but he might have some sort of exclusive arrangement with XTB.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020