X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Ok, now a VERY important question....WHITE or CLEAR backed waterslide decals?

My Stunticons, Aerialbots, TE01, IT Meg, MT Thundercracker, Aegis v2, Sever all need 'em. Going for toon look over G1 toy though..so no silver, I assume?(Mods, would it be possible to make a sticky thread from Decal threads?)

2. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

whoops, stupid auto correct, lol. I'll go fix it thanks.

3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me it depends on the background color. A light to medium background does very well with a clear background but a darker one is usually better with white (though, for some reason, I prefer white for Autobots and silver for Decepticons). Or, I dunno, if it's really dark, it can be fine with a clear background too. It's when the color is closer to the value of the logo's color that I really want outlines.

• Like Like x 3
  4. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

20200117_210651.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  5. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

I did white backgrounds on everything except my 3rd season/movie Decepticons which have the clear/no background. don't know why I did it that way, but with the coloring they just look "right" without a border on them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmm, should I unseal my copy just to inspect it and make sure all the parts are correct?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

• Like Like x 2
  8. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

They rock. However, full disclosure, when I was posing buddy gestalt just now, tons of joints were loose, he was a bit of a bitch to deal with. Was eager to lean/fall forward a lot. Some ratchet joints though were still rock solid and he can still do up some sick poses, but it does take a bit of time and work. I don't think this should really surprise anyone familiar with generation toy though. The looks are still menacing af.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to do it... but he kept calling out to me from in side his box... So I transformed him using Paik's video.

20200117_111745.jpg

A couple of take aways from this, I'm concerned with how much stress the ab crunch pin is causing the plastic. Another user posted that theirs was stressed as wel. Mine looks almost identical to theirs.

20200117_191818.jpg

I'm also not keen on how much flex posing the arms seems to apply to the shoulder panels. That could be a real issue in the future.

These are my only issues with the figure. There are a lot of great things about him. I absolutely love this hands! I'm usually the type of person who couldn't care less about fully articulated fingers, but these are phenomenal! In fact, I sort of wish the rest of the crew had fully articulated fingers.

However, there's no denying they look absolutely bad ass together,

20200117_211657.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  10. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

That stressed part in the ab crunch sucks to see, but the joint also has the 2 supporting sides and I couldn't ever see those breaking. I doubt the center area would ever snap solely based on the fact that the waist section is supporting it's side with those 2 flanking joint sections.

11. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw one guy on a 3P group on FB broke his. So now his Gravestone looks kinda like movie Jazz in the first Bayformers TF movie. His Gravestone is now in two halves.

When I asked him whether he was hamfisted during transforming it..he never replied to my comment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, we need a sticky thread comparing people’s different logos on 3P characters, cause some just don’t look great and you don’t really know until you see it.

Seems like when it’s a purple Decepticon or a red Autobot, you wanna go with just the white outline but it’s not always obvious what’s best. Seems like a silver outline helps read the Decepticon symbol on Spoiler’s red hood cause the purple gets lost a bit in a similar saturation.

I wanna see some competitive stickering!

• Like Like x 1
  13. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I'd like to see how he actually broke this to the point where the body was actually broken in half. It defies logic. You need not only the center part to break but also the 2 side hinges to break, and they have so much supporting plastic, I'd wager it's almost impossible, even from rough housing it. Maybe something else broke, like the pin itself, and even then, the pin would have to crumble to slide out and allow the torso to come apart.

If anything, that center part became stressed from being made too small of a hole for the pin to pass through, and the process of pushing the pin through stressed the plastic as it forced it to expand.

• Like Like x 6
  14. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

20200118_011204.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  15. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I find using the ”they didn't show their face therefore they aren't a trustworthy reviewer” argument kinda funny on a forum where no-one has seen your face and you expect them to take your opinion on a figure seriously.

• Like Like x 16
  16. Ultra Magnum

Ultra Magnum ...will score you out of 10!

Hi got mine yesterday, done a YouTube if anyone’s interested seeing this guy getting a light smattering of ham-fist!

A good figure but not a great one, and definitely has some flaws.

It looks and feels fantastic from the front and in alt mode. That’s lost quite a bit from other angles though, especially the top as you can fully see the front of the big truck, windows and all, and it’s basically motor masters head flipped round to come through grill.

He’s beefy, looks like he’s jacked and has good presence, but he’s also VERY creaky, and the shoulder areas round the cab are not great connections to the arms. He can tilt back a bit on the feet also.

There is a clearance issue on the head transformation but if you ignore the instructions the offending panel can be manipulated so that this issue disappears.

My prediction is that the combined mode might have some of the creaky / not fully snug connections.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Cartoon = clear ftw

Also do you know about the cartoon style Ocean waterslide set?

FB_IMG_1579340465460.jpg

FB_IMG_1579340467730.jpg

2018 New Ocean Cartoon style Decepticon Logo Water Applique,In stock! | eBay

• Like Like x 6
  18. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I can see how some are bothered by the repetition of truck features appearing both on the feet and around the head area at the top, but it really doesn't bother me as I pretty much visualize that parts of the alt mode splinter off and reconstitute around other parts of the body, so even though the feet look like the truck cab, it's really just (inner) portions moving around and taking form in ways that appear reminiscent to other parts of the alt mode. It's still robotic portions of their body that have now become styled based on the alt mode they scan, but being totally individual and separate parts that gather up and form together when they transform to vehicle mode. It's pretty much how I also view any fake parts between alt and robot. Ex MP dinobots raptor head and his chest. Parts of the alt mode raptor head have transformed and reconstituted into a different shape and form on the chest. I know it probably seems like an "excuse" to many, but to me, I just prefer to view the toys' engineering as somehow intentionally indicative of the mystery to how cybertronians actually transform.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    If fake parts bother you nowadays then it's probably best staying away from MP's in general.

It is what it is.

• Like Like x 8
  20. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well said bro.

• Like Like x 2