X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

Jesus that truck mode is sexy. Not to mention how good his bot mode is. I'm all in now. Just grabbed youth crackup, really digging it, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting all the rest as regular versions.

2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I’ve seen from other threads that you own both MP-44 and theXTB limb bots?
    Pose the Stunticons with their legs in an A stance like ibots photo, and the see just how wide an A stance you have to put MP-44 in before the Stunticons limbs are THAT far past his waist? Judging from the side by side Gravestone/44 pic we know that both their waists are about the same height (both are in an A stance) and that when standing straight the stunties are at waist height on 44.
    So what kind of deep A stance do you need 44 in so that the Stunties are coming up that much higher than the waist?
    It just doesn’t add up. Even more, the side by side with 44 shows Gravestone is pretty close to Roadking in height. The XTB Stunticons come up to Roadkings waist. Why do they suddenly come up to Gravestones mid chest?

It’s very clearly a composited image, if you zoom in around Gravestones legs it’s clear he’s been dropped into the pic. XTB just got the scale wrong. It’s not a big deal, but it’s the kind of things that can give people the wrong expectations. Just like FT screwing around with Blurr’s colour, or KFC changing the colour on Ditka after test shots were reviewed. I just want to know what we are actually going to get in hand

3. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

I also think it could be just a perspective thing... because of a wrong photo edition. Anyway, we have seen prototype pics before, and I'm sure that is how they are going to scale when we get more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. toretilo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the meantime I like how Gravestone looks to fit MP10 better than MP44:

mmms.jpg

I'm also thinking that Gravestone will scale nice with Fanstoys Maverick, since Maverick is a bit shorter than Fanstoys Roadking, so he will be just a bit taller than Gravestone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do know that MP-10 is modded, right? MP-10 and MP-44 are the same height.

6. toretilo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I know it's modded to look like the G1 toy, but I don't think the height has been modded (could be wrong). I think, again, it is the perspective, portrayed to my comparison pic with Gravestone too.
    My point was not showing MP10 as taller, but its arms and body proportions matching Gravestone's. Just happened that saw that pic of the modded MP10 with MP44, remembered Gravestone and made a quick Paint edit.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  7. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. I’d forgotten about those pics. Yeah, that’s about what I’d expect it to look like.

I also think Gravestone will look great with Magic Square Prime. MS has the same kind of bulk and presence that MP-10 had, but with the new cleaner styling. 44 had always looked awkward to me but the smooth lines and hefty torso of MS-01 will match really well with Gravestone. Like you say about the proportions going well together. I see those same proportions with MS prime.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Actually.. there are many ways to get around height inaccuracies. The simplest being: put your figures on a display base. This adds height and is honestly not that noticeable. Bandai act 1 stand is slightly taller than act4 and 5, so choose according to how much height you need. The best part is, these stands can clip together for display purposes.
    Alternatively, use a flight stand. This will no doubt add much more height than you need to compensate for. Also, cool flight poses 20191107_212001.jpg so there, i am just putting out some options that work

9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Because they should NOT make a bogus untrue claim that one can get it for 100 or 110$ until such thing actually becomes reality, as it may never be. Already, one of the Chinese etailers that has lower pricing has it at 125$ Shipped. They should also NOT make false statements that it will be cheaper than te-01.

There are a million other ways of trying to crush my statement of “oh snitzel” after seeing the price than to make untrue bogus statements like those 2 above

They could have, instead of making false claims and trying to diminish, easily said, well, it will be more expensive, but with the increased budget, the quality of build/paint/diecast will be much more than the limbs, closer to seaspray and cosmos, so you will be happy Zfarsh with your purchase. Or simply, DOOOEEET , if that was too hard

• Like Like x 2
  10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    But you can get it for under $100. Postage is different prices to different areas of the world and isn't under 3p control. The product itself costs less than your specific number.

I'm paying exactly the same as I paid for te01 in the UK. That's fact. It's bigger than te01. On the face of it, it's a better deal than te01 and no-one moaned about his price.

No-one moaned about Jabber's price either yet I'm paying the same for something that looks a hell of a lot bigger. All about perspective.

I think what's freaking ppl out here is that we still have to pay for the trailer. Personally don't see that as an issue but each to their own.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I'll surely buy this one as second Motormaster to keep him in truck mode,dimensions wins. Capone is too big.
    Roadking is the best beautiful bot,but too difficult to transform for my knowledge and at the moment I'd prefer to avoid,he's already beautiful so.
    For Gravestone if I can I'll also buy trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Starscream Lover

Will the final product of GS be packed as a robot or vehicle?

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, every XTB figure I've bought has been packaged in alt mode. With exception to Apollyon, because of that whole gun mode thing.

They seem to try to make the packaging as compact as possible.

• Like Like x 3
  14. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Not to throw more fuel to the fire, but now that I've had more time to mess around, this is the closest i got to trying to get the Stunticon heads to being mid-chest height to Optimus or Road King:
    sgop stunt per.png
    rk stunt per.jpg
    So I could get their heads above waist level, but it becomes clearer that its not just a height thing- its width too. They just aren't big as they are in these pics as they are here:
    [​IMG]
    Honestly, I think Gravestone's great, I'm in for 2 of him already, so I'm fine with the actual comparative heights. I'm coming at this from more, these pics aren't physically possible perspective.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Blazing Mewtwo

Yeah

• Like Like x 1
  16. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Eligos also came in bot mode...

17. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just fyi, looking at the gray helicopters on the left side of the background, it looks like the RoadKing photo was taken at a slightly lower angle.

18. stevetdda01

stevetdda01 Well-Known Member

Arkose V2 also came in robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blazing Mewtwo

D4F98DC3-7890-4139-9797-C95AC25C782E.jpeg F40E0F61-6BEF-49D9-A7EB-1E56C67ACB41.jpeg 78E8BDC6-54E0-4541-A036-DC8E78E38593.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  20. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Oh, most definitely. Like I said, I was trying to find some angle/perspective to make the team look bigger next to him. So I basically just moved the camera around until they did before taking a pic. Which was different for te01b and RK.

Heh, I guess I shoulda blocked the background to cut down the other frames of reference.