X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid I yam what I yam...

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    I'm not, he's never getting transformed again! :p 

I still think I must have been doing something wrong, getting the lower legs unfolded from the thighs was a chore :rolleyes: 

Now I've just got to do some paint mixing and touch up that scuff...

2. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This may be my favorite looking Motormaster out of the 3. The Cab and Bot mode just look cleaner this way. I can’t wait to finish this set.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My best guess is Dragstrip was fasttracked to allow for making replacement shoulders for all the people waiting on the parts.

• Like Like x 3
  4. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

I mean, I don't think they've even shown Youth Wildrider yet, so I think they're going with a different release schedule for the toy versions. Or at the very least, skipped him for now because his toy and toon alt modes don't stand out as much with each other than the rest of the cars. Like their toy Dead End has the big racing stripe, their toy Dragstrip has the pinstripes and the different engine piece, and they made their toy Breakdown a totally different color.

Wildrider though, I feel if you played one of those "spot the differences" games and had the toon alt modes on one side, and the toy alt modes on the other, his would be hardest to spot. Like I don't think many people saw Flipout and said, "this isn't the Wildrider of my youth!" Grey Ferrari with red windows, looks right. But he's like the animation model- mostly dark grey except for a red stripe at the bottom. The toy on the other hand would be mostly dark grey, except for the middle of the hood being a lighter grey. So I figure they'd lead with the ones that people would see and notice as being very different from the original releases.

Oh, and people wondering about the purple fuel tanks on Gravestone, I had pointed out that's cartoon/comics accurate, but I later noticed Capone has purple fuel tanks too. So really, its Road King that's off.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I don't like that this image is obviously photoshopped to mislead consumers about the scale between Gravestone and the Carbots...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What gave it away, the missing shadows? :lol 
    Yeah it looks fake.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    No I didn't know from the start, what I'm saying is technically they stayed on schedule by releasing Gravestone--the character--in December. We all assumed the character would come with the trailer, and at first supposedly it came with two trailers. The conjecture was for probably around $150-$175ish, but prices were never confirmed, and there was a lot of speculation because how much would a truck with TWO trailers cost? Then we learned they were redoing the trailer.

So basically their choice was, delay Gravestone for close to half a year, or split the product in half, give us our robot mode Stunticons to display for a while before combining them, and give us the trailer later. I'm not saying I knew they'd do this, but I am saying what's the fucking problem?
    XTB is the cheap option price wise. Overall, it will be the least expensive Menasor, beating out DX9. It's far less expensive than FansToys'. XTB has the cheapest individual Stunticon limbs, the cheapest overall combiner, and when you account for everything Gravestone + trailer actually does, it's a good value; it does more things than DX9 Capone (having an entire extra mode, plus being able to work as an actual trailer that can carry cars) and looks better in both modes.

I always felt it was unrealistic to expect Motormaster for $150 (although I'm guessing we might be able to get Gravestone/trailer for about that if we go through TaoBao); that's Zeta's price point and their figures require far less engineering since they come with a basically non-transforming torso and Motormaster's trailer actually has to transform. But I also don't understand why you're so upset... the cab alone is less than $100 if you go through overseas sellers (thus also making it less expensive than Transform Element). Don't act like the more expensive domestic options are the only prices they're available for. And for the whole set, why is an extra $25 for a $400+ item such a big deal? You thought It would be $410 ($260 for the limbs + $150 for the trailer) and it's gonna end up being like $435 or something like that. It honestly feels like a bunch of people just want to be mad at XTB.

Also, re: the TE/MS comparison... granted Transform Element is a great value and a great figure. But Magic Square is also generally considered a good value and it's basically an upgraded MP-10; it has a whole bunch of similar design elements and very little die-cast, and Gravestone is cheaper than THAT. TE-01 is kind of an outlier when you look at its quality to price ratio, but when it comes down to it it's an MP-10 sized truck cab that turns into an MP-10 sized robot that has a unique engineering scheme and die-cast parts that goes for a little more than $100 and so is Gravestone. You can quibble about their respective qualities but don't make it into something it's not.

Re: opaque purple parts, the only opaque purple parts I've seen are on his feet, which is a faux cab, and I assume that's just paint. Everything else seems to be translucent.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Thingfromthevoid

It's Gravestone's special Motormaster Slippers©, they're magic :D 

9. MotorMeister

MotorMeister Member

My Deathwish is the same. And I am extremely careful during transformation. Have you got the first, or the second batch?

The paint on his thighs is so thin and soft on my copy, that I can peel it like a masking fluid with my bare thumbnail.
    I guess the problem is, that they don't use any primer to help the paint stick to the metal surface.

I was going to paint those thighs myself properly, but have no idea how to take them apart. Removing the screw on the back doesn't help :( .

I really hope that Gravestone is not going to be like this. There is a lot of diecast in this figure. And it's not cheap.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Two matching small pieces a la Perfect Effect set for Unite Warriors Devastator thighs. Just need one with a slot in (for the peg on the right leg) and one with a peg (for the slot on the left leg). They'd have to be loose pieces, but you'd be able to do it I reckon.

11. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Sorry, but WHICH shop(s) can i get this for less than 100$ shipped???

• Like Like x 1
  12. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

It's less than $100 BEFORE shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thingfromthevoid

I can get you it for that! :D 

Just send me the cash in unmarked non-sequential notes to this address:

BEHIND THE HOT WATER PIPES
    THIRD WASHROOM ALONG
    VICTORIA STATION

• Like Like x 2
  14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This dude comes to mind...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

The current pre-orders for Gravestone Trailers are all for the Toon version right? Do we have any information that there's multiple trailers coming? I just want the toy trailer but don't know if this will include those pieces or not, so I don't even know if I want to pre-order.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Youth Edition" Gravestone has not been solicited yet. Everything going up for order right now is the 'toon style version.

17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Man, you gotta be kidding me, making a claim for less than 100$ for something that will have a large shipping charge making it more than the 125$.... yeah, ok.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Who actually has the trailer up for pre-order? All I'm seeing are Gravestone only pre-orders. Heck, most of the Chinese retailers I've used in the past haven't even updated their Gravestone listings to include the new promo images.

19. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Ok, how many versions of X-Transbots Stunticons are there?

20. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a bummer.