X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the purple bits on Gravestone appear to be translucent, with the exception of the false cab windows on his toes, which are painted. Any pic that shows any of the other purple bits as opaque is a render.

2. MrLemming

MrLemming Active Member

While I’m a bit disappointed in the backpack (it’s not Cliffjumper’s, but it’s also no Maketoys Jazz or XTB’s own Dead End) and the (seeming) lack of paint on his sword (FT’s nailed that one hard), those feet are perfection IMO. Nice and clean while keeping true to the anime. And that vehicle mode... God he looks amazing in that mode...

• Like Like x 5
  3. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which is just... nonsensical?
    Either the windows are clear or the windows are opaque. Pick one!!
    Even more though, if you ARE making the toes opaque because of some random "bot mode only" thing, why give him clear purple plastic knee and chest bits at the same time? None of the bot mode translucent bits are visible on the truck, and vice versa (except for the windows on his but) as far as I can see, so just treat them all the same.
    I mean, I'll probably paint ALL the translucent bits in both modes an opaque purple with some cell-shading effect anyway',s so I don't really care, but the inconsistency is just weird.
    Yeah, he is kind of chunky in the back. Seeing how none of the MotorMasters are incorporating much of Menasor in the design, and this MM is a truck only figure, the backpack honestly isn't that much smaller than FT's and DX9 blows them both of the water. Everyone defended FT's backpack against DX9 by stating "FT had the whole trailer on the back while DX9 is just the cab so of course their's is smaller"... but then XTB does this?
    Again, not really a big one for me as this will be truck mode only and the truck actually cleans up REALLY well.

4. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

my assumption is that the feet aren't the front of the cab and that's why the windshield is painted on the feet but the windshield is see through on the alt mode pics. also the tires on the bottoms of the feet in robot mode are on the rear bumper of the alt mode.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You don't need to assume that - that's just how it is. It's obvious and always was. What he was saying is that making the faux cab windows on his toes opaque is an odd choice since his knee bits are clear. If they were gonna go with clear knees, they should've gone with clear toes. If they were gonna go with opaque toes, they should've gone with opaque knees.

Personally, I really like the clear knees and chest accents and I'm disappointed in the opaque toes. Not so disappointed that I'm going to make a fuss, but it is something I wish they'd done better.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

The backpack and especially the shoulder joint transformation in how it attaches to the bot torso reminds me a lot of MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Hopefully those shoulders attach securely to the torso.

Alt truck mode looks amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kue

Kue Well-Known Member

I was not in on the XTB Stunticons, but after the reveal of their Gravestone I decided to jump on this train as well and bought all 4 limbs! Now I am in on all three companies’ Stuniticons. Can’t decide which will be in what mode yet, great problem to have!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  8. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Roadking will be my Motormaster is most beautiful and I'll keep him always in bot mode, but I'd like also another one to display sometimes in truck mode, I wonder if Gravestone and Capone has same difficult for transforming. I may proceed with Gravestone,but not still sure.

9. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I'm in a similar position however, I just don't have time to enjoy my TFs anymore.

This meant refocusing on which characters were important to me so ending with the Stunticons (my only combiner that I had as a kid) seems a fitting way to end on.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

I expect we'll see a transformation video shortly, I'm very eager to see the combined form put together.

• Like Like x 2
  11. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Even if doable, it seems to me there would be significant gaps.

OTOH, the leg bots just clip onto the frame. Maybe a 3P will come out with car shells for them.

12. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

Are the car shells hollowed out in the middle to put in the separate vehicles inside or do the shells form the complete (fake) vehicle? Can't remember form the original protos

• Like Like x 2
  13. ibot

ibot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man
    The sword we went to metallic black painted with silver flake. It's very gorgeous in hand. We don't do plastic color in our premium products lol

• Like Like x 24
  14. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

Hey Ibot do the shells come with the trailer so they are still an option, and do they still require you to have the figures attached to the arms?

15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

1) yes that was one feature of many, and your point?

2) yes, based on price of limbs, that was my very dream, crushed by reality. I am responsible for my own crushed dream? Of course, who ever said otherwise

3) so I can count on your generosity then, and having you send me a free copy right?

16. Shempdog

Shempdog Well-Known Member

I think the idea of selling MotorMaster as just a cab was one of the smartest moves XTB could have made. I have read through this thread, and seen numerous posts where people are double and triple-dipping on Stunticons by multiple manufacturers (myself included). This way if you are just looking for this team in robot mode, and going with another set for combined mode, you don't need to buy all the combiner parts. For me, this is my robot mode set..and I'm still getting the trailer because I'm a sucker.

• Like Like x 1
  17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I actually like the black sword...

Will you be doing other repaint options for cab bot on its own? If so, which ones?

• Like Like x 2
  18. ibot

ibot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe repaint optimus with gravestone head?

Laughter

• Like Like x 10
  19. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

300px-HyperdriveTurboConcept.jpg
    How about G1 Turbomaster Hyperdrive? He needs to be made into a full figure one day...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

each to their own I guess