X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

...same here. Pretty soon I’ll have more decepticon cars than autobot cars.:p o_O 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bot mode I agree - the fake cab windows on his feet appear to be just painted plastic. Alt mode though - very clearly translucent plastic - don't be fooled by that one pic in the set that is a render and looks like opaque purple windows.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Downbeat

Downbeat Member

Just seen some other pictures (comparisons with mp-44) and yes they are see through :D  .. Was never going to be an issue either way as I'm most definitely finishing the set!

Can not wait to get him with the rest of the team.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I've never been so confused about a purchase before. I'd already decided I was using XTB's cars and FT Road King as my bot-mode display, and once Capone pics dropped I was like "okay I'm going to get that Menasor." I was so sure I liked the DX9 combined body better than XTB's based on the convention pics, but now? I'm REALLY not so sure... about hardly ANYTHING. I already bought the two DX9 leg-bots (Montana arrived, Henry's on the way) and planned to get Capone... but now I'm like "hell, I already have an extra XTB Breakdown, it'd be like an extra $10 to get the three toy versions of the limbs compared to the remaining two DX9 arm-bots" Do I want DX9 ones at all? Do I want Road King as my standalone Motormaster, or Gravestone? (I thought Road King was the clear winner in bot mode, especially with its all-in-one trailer/cab... but now, looking at them, Gravestone IS a better truck and each bot mode has different strengths and weaknesses). Do I want only the Gravestone cab, so I have a unified Stunticon team? I already have Road King, but FT products are also easy to sell; I could conceivably MAKE money on it.

Also... is Gravestone necessary for the Menasor body? Because if NOT, and it's possible to display it with the limb-bots separately like Capone, that's REALLY appealing since it's clearly a better individual robot. BUT... Capone is definitely gonna be cheaper than Gravestone, since it comes with the trailer, AND will be available soon, whereas Gravestone-the-figure will come soon and we'll have to wait like a half a year after we already have all five of the XTB stunticons to actually combine them. Which might drive me fucking nuts. OTOH, We'd have Capone and the ability to make MOST of Menasor within a month, but at the rate they've been releasing their set, who knows when we'd actually be able to COMPLETE it? (or even if? There was a lot of conjecture the whole thing was dead before the Capone pics breathed new life into it)... six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Hell, there's even the chance that the Gravestone trailer with the car shells doesn't need the arm-bots at all, in which case the extra cost of the trailer fully justifies itself by not forcing me to buy extra copies of the arms.

I literally don't know what I should do, LOL

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is this the natural end result of us sleepwalking out of control with our "options are good" philosophy?

If we say it too often will it make us go crazy?

• Like Like x 4
  6. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

I'm already there:
    carbot shelf 112019.jpg
    By my count that's 15 MP-scale Decepticon carbots (I'm not counting RK) vs only 12 Autobots. Of course, most of the Decepticons are 3 different versions of the Stunticons. But other than Exhaust, Loudpedal, and DX9 Crasher (she totally counts, since Hasbro acquired Tonka and she was eventually absorbed into the TF continuity), there aren't really any other MP-scale Decepticon carbots available that aren't Stunticons. Well, until someone makes MP Runamuck and Runabout. Or does a Barricade deco of the Datsun Brothers in MP size.

See, for me them being able to combine was gravy. First and foremost I just wanted Decepticon carbots in MP carbot scale. So I'm happy to have a complete team, even if it will still be a while before they'll be able to combine.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Those g2 guys looks so good colour wise, I just wish they'd done them in the toy mould.

You in for the toy set too?

• Like Like x 1
  8. XternalPrime

XternalPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
  9. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    That looks like MP-10’s trailer.

10. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Totally. The back wheels being the same size as MM is the key. MP-44’s trailer has smaller wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That, and the blue stripes. And MP-44 trailer has more blue on the undercarriage, to match the original toy and animation. MP-10 was black, to look more realistic.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

So Gravestones trailer is perhaps an unintended triple changer. Trailer, base and combiner torso. Quite good engineering.

I always backed them to do a good job, though I am still scratching my head as to why both the cab and trailer are being sold separately

• Like Like x 1
  13. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Well, for one, splitting up the price in smaller, bite-size chunks make it easier to stomach the price. Psychologically, two, well-spaced installments of $100 are easier to get over than a big $200 chunk all at once.

Secondly, the trailer component is the part that's gone through the most redesign work. They were able to focus on getting Gravestone himself out in the meantime, while the trailer can come separately.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I took a hood look at my Deathwish. No scratches or chips on thighs or feet.

Was considering putting a piece of tissue paper over the legs when I transform him back to csr mode to protect the paint.

Has anyone tried this?

15. Necrobot

Necrobot Mechanoid Vivisectionist

So close now... so very close...

The Four Horsemen have been patiently waiting for... The Apocalypse.

IMG_20190616_162742~2.jpg
    IMG_20190616_162212~2.jpg

However, at times it becomes difficult to curb those apocalyptic tendencies.

IMG_20190616_144029~2.jpg
    IMG_20190616_145321~2.jpg
    20190629_111023_HDR~2.jpg

And so... in preparation for His foretold coming... an unfriendly skirmish is in order.

20190629_132643_HDR~2.jpg
    20190629_113810_HDR~2.jpg
    20190629_125221_HDR~2.jpg

The Autobots didn't stand a chance!! Their end is assured! The Apocalypse is at hand!!

Let that be their inscribed epitaph.

Now the only question that remains involves the delivery of their GRAVESTONE!!

20190629_105111_HDR~2.jpg

Cheers!!

• Like Like x 27
  16. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

I have Toy Dead End on pre-order since it has the racing stripe. But I REALLY love 928s, so I have no trouble triple dipping on that (quadruple if counting FT's). I'm on the fence for the rest though. On the one hand, I prefer the toon heads and prefer Dragstrip's wheels to be perpendicular on his shoulders, on the other the youth versions still do look pretty good overall. The real limiting factor was space, though I figured out a way to rearrange some furniture so I was able to add a new set of shelves. So right now, I'm undecided.

17. mx-01 archon

News Credits:

Given how far ahead in production the G2 version are, I'm assuming they were well under way before they had the idea to do the proper toy-based retools. Unfortunate, but thems the breaks.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everybody keeps saying this because they're right. I do agree that fully articulated fingers are a better idea than non-articulated fingers, however, XTB/KFC isn't the greatest at pulling it off all the time when it comes to their big bots that come with them already installed. In that department FT wins. I hope XTB can improve upon this with Gravestone. I will agree that their aftermarket hands for official MP carbots and Seekers are pretty good.

19. Arthimuz Prime

Arthimuz Prime Fat Minibot

Ebay:
    I told ya it's worth the wait - whispering husky voice.

Don't mind me, I'm talking to muhself. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not apple and oranges. DX9 bots are BIGGER than XTB's, so yeah they should be priced more. The only GREAT deal there is Crackup because DX9's Breakup is definitely not worth twice Crackup's price.

So no, even a 200 dollars Gravestone is overpriced. 180 is barely reasonable.