X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MotorMeister

MotorMeister Well-Known Member

I think those fake wheels can be folded down. Take a look at the back ot the grey prototype of the Monolith.

2. Simon Ng

Simon Ng Active Member

what I can't think it looks good is the large backpack and shoulder piece.
    those photos are avoided to show us those angles.

3. ibot

ibot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

We will think it carefully

• Like Like x 13
  4. Porkncheese

Porkncheese Well-Known Member

@ibot will gravestone come with replacement shoulder parts for overheat?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 4
  5. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

@ibot
    Can the Stunticon weapons be used in Menasor mode? Or will they be set aside?

6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

A bit strange that this Motormaster ended up taller than Optimus Prime, I wonder if it was a conscious design choice to scale him against the Zeta torso bots. The fact that the trailer is a separate purchase is disappointing, another part to keep track of if one wants the combined form and the full Motormaster alt mode. It's probably also going to be more expensive than DX9 at least.

7. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

We now know that the projected release dates are Dec/Apr for the cab/trailer...how much longer of a wait until we see the TOY version of both.

Still wondering if there will be toon/toy versions of the G2?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Monolith has been reported by xtransbots to be 49cm tall. Toyworld Constructor is 50cm tall...Zeta are close to same.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Like I said in a previous post, MX-12A and B might end up costing more than Capone, but he set as a whole would end up being cheaper. DX9's limb bots are $100 each so far (and its doubtful their Dragstrip and Dead End will be cheaper), plus $160 for Capone is $560 total.

XTB's limb bots are $50 Crackup (going by the current price, not the initial one), $60 Flipout, and $70 each for Deathwish and Overheat. That's only $250 total for the limbs. So even if Gravestone and the trailer together ended up being $300 (which I highly doubt it will even be close to that much) that's still $10 cheaper than DX9s.

Not at all? XTB/DX9/FTs are going to be all around the same height give or take a cm, and scaled with Zeta's combiners. Like do people still not know this? Every company said this from the very start, so its not a matter of the thread being too long to go through every post, this was like, base information about all the sets.

It still find it weird people don't know this or that all of them do partsforming (lets not split hairs on what constitutes partsforming, its the fact that the team doesn't plug directly into MM) to form a giant Menasor suit that the members all plug into, Breakdown and Wildrider directly in alt mode, Dragstrip and Deadend in alt mode but split in half (or if people are to believed, extended to feature an elbow joint in FT's case) and MM into a cube or box like thing that plugs into Menasor's back. Is this not common knowledge?

• Like Like x 4
  10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    We've seen the toy torso of Menasor (few pages back it was reposted) and the trailer and base mode itself will be identical.

Regards Menasor himself, the rest are literal representations of the toy, Motormaster is gonna be absolutely the same.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Downbeat

Downbeat Member

Really like how Gravestone has turned out, great work @ibot !
    • I like the additional detailing of the purple used instead of chrome for the grill / body outline etc.
    • Sculpt etc seems on par with FT (backpack, feet etc)
    The only constructive feedback (and I'll use that term loosely as it's not going to stop me from buying this) is:
    • I would have like the windows on the cab to have been translucent rather than painted
    • I'm still not particularly keen on the thighs

Echoing a few other comments regarding insignia etc to really nail it on the head. I noticed someone mentioned (cant find the post now) that the 3rd translucent spots on the legs weren't added as they look to be pegs to stick together. Maybe it could come with some translucent pieces that we can attach given the choice?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking of that too but I'm still torn. There are things I prefer about the toon version (chest/head) and things I prefer about the toy version (chest/legs). Yes, I actually like both chests and can't decide which I actually prefer. For all my complaining about the potential price, I'm actually tempted to get both trailers so I can go either/or on my Menasor.

Everybody keeps saying this but you're wrong. Just straight up wrong. XTB/KFC hands are the best. Fully articulated fingers with ball jointed base knuckles give you the best and most expressive posability. I've installed their aftermarket hands on several of my bots and it's always been a vast improvement. I wish Gravestone had hands similar to Apollyon - those were the best TF hands ever. Back before all the nonsense complaints resulted in everybody getting pinned base knuckles that don't make for expressive posing at all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Yeah, Aegis 1.0 is the only XTB/KFC bot with articulated hands that I ever had a problem with. I haven't had any issue with Simba or Kingzilla's hands, and the various KFC aftermarket hands have worked great.

Heh, the thing about mixing and matching trailers has me wondering- I've stated how XTB's set is still going to be the cheapest unless they charge a ridiculous amount for MX-12A and B, but they also have three sets. So while I firmly believe the XTB set will be cheaper than DX9s (and definitely cheaper than FTs, because that set is $600 minimum before the combiner parts), I'm also buying two sets right now, toon and G2, plus toy Deathwish. So I'm going to end up giving more to XTB overall.

So I'm kinda curious how much more it is for them to make the G2 colors and the youth retools, compared to the fact that they have hooked people like me for at least 2 sets, and folks who might get two trailers, and if they come out ahead in the long run.

14. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

I'm betting the thighs are like that so he can bend his knees inward for combined mode. Kinda like how the old PMOP could turn into a cube.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I'm holding out that there's a g2 'youth' version. If that comes I'm locked in for 3 sets.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

They look like they all are in some of the pics.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Downbeat

Downbeat Member

Agree with you that this is most likely to do with the transformation. I imagine that if this was the first MM being released, I wouldn't even notice it.

Just checked back through the photos, the cab windows are what I was referring to in both modes (they could just be plastic rather than painted) but compare it to the sections in the lower legs (which look translucent). It could be that they are also plastic but with the additional detailing to make it look translucent.

It could just be the images and everything is fine... :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

I can see light through the windshield and side windows in the truck mode pics, and looking at the bot mode pics showing the rear, you can see the cab-over/tramp-stamp windows appear to be translucent.

19. chaosanderson

chaosanderson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice, but not making a purchase until I see the toy/youth versions as that is likely what I will want.

They already got me to buy the 4 limbs twice

20. Chirulazo

Chirulazo Well-Known Member

I am already locked with the 3 current versions of XTB. Last night decided to pull out of the DX9 offering, and canceled my pre order of their MM. I might consider it in the future, but I really like what XTB has done with this set. I just hope they improve their QC. For FT I am still in, but a bit hesitant. Their motor master is a beaut, and I might just be happy with that one to be displayed in my top 10 characters shelf.