X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Slightly, huh? Capone is $160 for Motormaster plus the trailer. Looking at XTB's historical prices for comparably sized figures; Apollyon, Andras, and Eligos all went for $150+ (US prices) with Andras and Eligos going for $130 and $140 respectively from overseas sellers. Virtus is slated for $120. I think it's safe to say that we can't expect Gravestone to be any cheaper than Virtus and I'd honestly be shocked if he were that cheap but let's say, for the sake of argument, that he is. That would leave only $40 for the trailer to keep the price at Capone's level. I think we can all agree that it's not even going to be close to that.

Now I could see the trailer being as low as $80 but I sure wouldn't bet on it. I also wouldn't bet on Gravestone being $120. I'd bet on $150 for Gravestone and at least $100 for the trailer. That's higher than I'd like but I could do that. What I'm afraid of is that we're going to see prices more in line with XTB's sister company who is also working on a certain semi plus trailer that both transform and combine. Oh and that trailer has a base mode as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Me thinks you're talking about KFC PMOP.... a bot, a trailer, a bot trailer, a god bot bomber trailer (exaggerating a bit here of course)

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Looks good to me. Nice to hear the shell parts are optional, into the trash those go - they don't make much of a difference anyway. Not sure why they bothered at all.

4. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

I mean, comparing it to those figures, sure. But going by the pricing of the limb bots, I think $120 is a reasonable guess. Like despite the increasing price of their Stunticons over the years, the average price for non-G2/toy versions is still ~$65, which is still cheaper than a normal MP carbot. I had always theorized $100, but $120 is almost double the limbs, which I still think is fair given he ended up being a big boi.

And I know I'm going to get flak for this for stating how much I'm willing to pay, but I think $80-$100 would be fair for the trailer, because you're getting a whole bunch more playability out of it. Yes, Capone comes with the giant bug, but Gravestone's trailer can turn into a base, carry a Stunticon, has the roof cannons for the cars, etc. So I think $220 total is reasonable, as I do think Gravestone+trailer is worth that much more. I mean, that price is prolly comparable to RK as well- he's $180, and while he doesn't come with the Menasor frame, I bet the price difference between the last FT limb bot + the parts and a normal FT limb bot is such that if you add it to RK's $180 price instead would come out between $220-$250.

Plus, lets look at the price of the sets as a whole:
    XTB=$50 Crackup, (going by the price you can get him for now, not the original price), $60 Flipout, $70 each for Deathwish and Overheat, so $250 for all the limbs.
    DX9=$100 for the limb bots, $160 for Capone, so $560 for the whole set.
    FT=$105 for the limb bots, $180 for Road King, ? for the frame. So without the Menasor parts, you're looking at a minimum of $600.

But one could argue, but XTB's limb bots are smaller, plus the QC issues. Okay, so lets say then that Monolith is worth only 80% of DX9's set. 80% of DX9 is about $450. So MX12A and B being $200 is still an incredible value compared to the other sets. And even at $100 more, it would still be cheaper than the DX9 set. So I'm not too worried about a "bait and switch", because even at $300 it would still be the same total price as the competition.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    would we be able to fake out Menasor with the "arm shells" and the skeleton and have the group standing in bot mode?

I would love that idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    That's te01 on the left and mp44 on the right, can't remember if they're identical in height.

7. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the feet on this one but thats about it

8. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  9. idkwdya

idkwdya Well-Known Member

Howdy,

First time poster in the thread. I’m getting ahold of Flipout and Crackup this week in a trade deal and Flipout has a broken foot. I’m not exactly sure about the specifics of the breakage and if it’s fixable but I was wanting to know if X-Transbots is good about replacement parts? There’s way too many pages to flip through so any info would be greatly appreciated. And I’m happy to finally be able to go all in on this set!

10. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    You are correct. I'm not 100% positive either, but they can't be far off.
    I focused more on finding similar poses, so I'm missed they were diff Ops.

11. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    OK, 1st comparison shots.
    Again, has to piece together from Google, so the poses are a bit different.
    Capone looks to be MUCH shorter then the other two.

MM Comps2.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think in the cartoon, Motormaster is around the height of Prime/Megatron, so Capone is the most cartoon accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

So according to ibot, we're a month out from Gravestones release, yet we have absolutely no idea what he or his 'sold separately' trailer will cost.

I'm really mad with myself for not just buying DX9's Capone for $125 on 11.11

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent cab mode and ballsy move to seperate the cab bot portion entirely from the trailer. A divisive move for sure, but I think the trade off is worth it for that cab and this set in general. The bot mode is not as clean and kibble free from the back like you expect without the trailer restriction but it's not terrible.

I really like how each take on the stunticons are approaching things from different angles.

• Like Like x 2
  15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's 131, not 125.

16. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

MP-44/MP-10/TE-01/MS-01 are all roughly the same height. But yeah, looking at the comparison shots, Road King is definitely the tallest, but only by a cm or two. Its weird that Capone ended up the shortest of the three, but again, not by that much. Like I think the difference in height between Roadking and Capone is small but noticeable, but the difference between Road King and Gravestone, and Gravestone and Capone would look negligible, particularly from certain angles.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    am I wrong I'm liking Gravestone more than Roadking. I thought RK would win best cab hands down but even without the chrome and silver I think XTB will have the best looking alt mode.

• Like Like x 5
  18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Yeah.

XTB wins in both modes. The alt mode particularly isn't even close. DX9 is noticeably the worst imo.

I just noticed on the earlier pics that his front wheels look like they turn too.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

Looking at that comparison, the big legs and short torso of FT really stick out like a sore thumb to me.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Marneyy

Marneyy Ain't that a kick in the lugnuts!

This crossed my mind also. The price won't bother me if it turns we're essentially getting a really large extra figure. Then again, would that not take away from it being a "Combiner"?