X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the feet on this one but thats about it

2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    Howdy,

First time poster in the thread. I’m getting ahold of Flipout and Crackup this week in a trade deal and Flipout has a broken foot. I’m not exactly sure about the specifics of the breakage and if it’s fixable but I was wanting to know if X-Transbots is good about replacement parts? There’s way too many pages to flip through so any info would be greatly appreciated. And I’m happy to finally be able to go all in on this set!

4. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    You are correct. I'm not 100% positive either, but they can't be far off.
    I focused more on finding similar poses, so I'm missed they were diff Ops.

5. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    OK, 1st comparison shots.
    Again, has to piece together from Google, so the poses are a bit different.
    Capone looks to be MUCH shorter then the other two.

MM Comps2.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I think in the cartoon, Motormaster is around the height of Prime/Megatron, so Capone is the most cartoon accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

So according to ibot, we're a month out from Gravestones release, yet we have absolutely no idea what he or his 'sold separately' trailer will cost.

I'm really mad with myself for not just buying DX9's Capone for $125 on 11.11

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent cab mode and ballsy move to seperate the cab bot portion entirely from the trailer. A divisive move for sure, but I think the trade off is worth it for that cab and this set in general. The bot mode is not as clean and kibble free from the back like you expect without the trailer restriction but it's not terrible.

I really like how each take on the stunticons are approaching things from different angles.

• Like Like x 3
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's 131, not 125.

10. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-44/MP-10/TE-01/MS-01 are all roughly the same height. But yeah, looking at the comparison shots, Road King is definitely the tallest, but only by a cm or two. Its weird that Capone ended up the shortest of the three, but again, not by that much. Like I think the difference in height between Roadking and Capone is small but noticeable, but the difference between Road King and Gravestone, and Gravestone and Capone would look negligible, particularly from certain angles.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    am I wrong I'm liking Gravestone more than Roadking. I thought RK would win best cab hands down but even without the chrome and silver I think XTB will have the best looking alt mode.

• Like Like x 6
  12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yeah.

XTB wins in both modes. The alt mode particularly isn't even close. DX9 is noticeably the worst imo.

I just noticed on the earlier pics that his front wheels look like they turn too.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

Looking at that comparison, the big legs and short torso of FT really stick out like a sore thumb to me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Marneyy

Marneyy Ain't that a kick in the lugnuts!

This crossed my mind also. The price won't bother me if it turns we're essentially getting a really large extra figure. Then again, would that not take away from it being a "Combiner"?

15. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    XTB's and FT's are definitely the best of the three.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some comps...

MM04.png MM00.png MM01.png MM07.png MM05.png MM06.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 40
  17. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I have the first time customer coupon of $5 off, so it would have been $126. Close enough. :p 

I had the same thought.

If the price is right, I will buy Gravestone in December/January, and the bots will stand together. Then when April rolls around and they release the trailer/combiner frame/base and assuming once again, the price is right, I'll buy that and display it by itself. Either way I will continue to display the Stunticons in bot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  18. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I actually think it's a smart approach, to solely use the front cab for Motormaster. I much prefer this versus having an awkward 20% of the trailer used like in DX9 or TFM's method. While not G1 accurate in transformation, at least the trailer can stand independently as a platform, base, etc. The other approach, it's basically all or nothing and forces you to have the trailer attached. I suppose you could argue that it's more toon accurate that way, but considering how awkwardly long DX9's trailer is I like the play-ability of separating the two.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for that. I'd say FT wins bot mode and XTB wins alt (so pretty much what everybody else is saying). FT just looks better built, especially in bot mode, and I can't ignore the fact that he has clear windows in his toes while XTB has crappy painted windows.

In alt, though, XTB just looks great! Normally I'd give it to FT for the chrome but the purple tinted grill and bumper look great on Motormaster and the cab just looks better all around. Plus he'll have a full sized trailer (in several months :( ) whereas RK's is considerably smaller than it should be so that it can compress into his bot mode.

It does seem strange to me, though, that Motormaster turns into an MP10 sized cab but still ends up being quite a bit taller in bot mode. I'm not really bothered by it, but it seems strange.

• Like Like x 1
  20. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

yeah looking at this on a monitor instead of the phone like before the non clear plastic windows in the fake alt mode parts are really not great considering the competition (FT) managed to and DX9 did partially as well. really hope they change that. i mean its late in the game now but seriously XTB? cmon!! with eligos' torso piece, you know it was the first one out and FT topped them with that clear piece...this time out...you've seen the competition...you gotta match it at least.

• Like Like x 1