X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup. Comes out in a month and we have no clue as to the price. Cuz that's a good way to run a business. Oh and next month just happens to be the most expensive month of the year and definitely not a good time to be buying oneself a silly toy.

But who am I kidding? Its XTB: if they say December, then it'll be out late January at the earliest :p 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't believe those are the same OPs. Isn't the one on the left TE-01?

• Like Like x 2
  3. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

My Background on this set: I am in on this set, 4 normal versions (skipped G2 and will skip toy versions too i think) bought so far.
    My reactions/impressions:
    1. First reaction - it looks good and as I suspected very little of the design has changed...which to me is good.

2. Some people will still say his thighs look bad. I disagree. its ok, we can disagree.

3. Cab mode is BY FAR the best of the 3 MM. it looks gorgeous. The purist in my wishes he transformed like roadking (becauase MM was NEVER just the trailer in G1), but roadking's alt mode isn't as good and his backpack is pretty big...which leads us to

4. Gravestone has a backpack too. Its not as big as the 2 panels jutting backwards from this shoulder blade/V area would have you believe butits there and well its not ad big as FT's but its just as distracting but...its ok. i'd rather have that (by a big margin) then a super super super long trailer like DX9 has. (i mention this because dx9 has no backpack)

5. Size, well...he is a big MFer. I wish they made him MP-10/44 height but he is as tall, taller, or nearly as tall as roadking (the two comparison shots in this thread are deceiving since one is taken from higher angle making the short guys look shorter and RK bigger and the XTB gravestone pic from a lower angle which makes the shorter guys look taller than they would in comparison to Gravestone). DX9 wins for MM height.

6. thank goodness he is almost ready for december 2019....but april 2020 for the combiner skeleton/trailer ? weren't they going to be sold together originally? and we know april will slip most likely....this is 3P. lol. Also, what is this going to cost. we were told that it would not cost too much. IMO anything more than DX9's price for capone for both A and B together is going to be "too much" and going against what ibot said....but many of us are "pot committed", because we would lose money to resell those first 4. I hope XTB isn't going to shaft us with this. i'm suprised nobody has brought this up yet. also it said its 'shipping in 2 parts"....does that mean its one price for both and the retailer just has to ship part B when ready?

7. also does menasor neeed gravestone to combine? If not, i think many will by the skeleton (if sold spearately not just shipped separately) and just get RK. to be honest, its an appealing option if you like MM to be self contained with the trailer.

8. also that fit with mp-10 trailer looks suspicious...something is off. i don't know if it actually fits or if they are showing for scale purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I love cartoon accuracy, this is one situation where I'm fine with them deviating away Motormaster's trailer included transformation. Having the trailer separate from him and become the combiner exoskeleton just makes sense on many levels and makes for a great looking Motormaster. Really looking forward to getting this guy.

• Like Like x 3
  5. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, they have been doing a toon set of these already, so a separate toy menasor frame/trailer is a definite possibility. But like I said, since the trailer is separate from MM, people could just get the youth trailer instead of the normal one. A 2 in 1 like FT's would have been better though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

I'm so excited and confused! The first set is just Motormaster and the second is the two trailers? Or does MM come with one of them?

And I'm stoked to see the fake parts and the double barrel guns!

7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're surprised nobody has brought it up? Am I on your ignore list? I've been hounding ibot about the price for like two years now (I'm probably on his ignore list) and I've endlessly belabored the situation we'd find ourselves in, having bought 4 of the 5 figures of the set only then to learn that the price for the final part is unpalatable.

I agree that anything more expensive than Capone is going to be too much but let's be honest here. We've always known is was going to cost too much. I might be willing to spend too much but it depends on just how too much it is. I can't believe we're being told that he's less than a month away and we still don't know the fucking price. What do you want to bet Gravestone gets listed but we still don't learn the price of the trailer until March?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marneyy

Marneyy Ain't that a kick in the lugnuts!

I'm so happy the end is finally in sight and Gravestone looks phenomenal. A little sad I can't purchase the full set (MX-12B and MX-12A) in one go but I can look past that knowing that there will be an end point.

Did anyone else notice the additional guns on the base mode?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

This guy looks incredible! There is one thing about him which does not look cartoon accurate though - the grey on his head is too dark. If you look at the cartoon, his head is the same color as the grey outlining his chest. @ibot any chance this can be changed for the final release?
    tf_rotf00036-29854-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg tf_rotf00267-29988-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 7.59.22 AM.png

Yes, we definitely need space on both sides of the trailer for symbols!

• Like Like x 1
  10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Yeah I still like Roadking better. XTB's Motormaster is too heroic. Posing it with MP-10 would be better.

11. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I think XTB will be slightly more expensive than Capone in total. The trailer is a triple changer! :p 

There is a chance you won't need Gravestone to form Monolith, so you only need to buy the trailer for combined mode. Money saved!

12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

i guess i meant since the pics showed up this morning/last night...maybe i missed a few posts too. lol. i agree with most of what you said...the last part about the trailer and march....is a little bit WTF if they did that, BUT considering the new pics show a trailer rendering and we've only seen a 3d print/resin of the skeleton so far...its anybody's guess what going on with the trailer. i really hope they don't shaft us with the price and i really want to know gravestone's role in mensaor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gaseous clay

News Credits:
    There's only one trailer. Cab only MM comes out first. The trailer, which does somehow accomplish all the wizardry promised (all the Menasor parts plus 1 Stunticon fit in it in trailer mode, still converts into a base mode) comes out later.

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    @ibot, how about 12T?

15. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Slightly, huh? Capone is $160 for Motormaster plus the trailer. Looking at XTB's historical prices for comparably sized figures; Apollyon, Andras, and Eligos all went for $150+ (US prices) with Andras and Eligos going for $130 and $140 respectively from overseas sellers. Virtus is slated for $120. I think it's safe to say that we can't expect Gravestone to be any cheaper than Virtus and I'd honestly be shocked if he were that cheap but let's say, for the sake of argument, that he is. That would leave only $40 for the trailer to keep the price at Capone's level. I think we can all agree that it's not even going to be close to that.

Now I could see the trailer being as low as $80 but I sure wouldn't bet on it. I also wouldn't bet on Gravestone being $120. I'd bet on $150 for Gravestone and at least $100 for the trailer. That's higher than I'd like but I could do that. What I'm afraid of is that we're going to see prices more in line with XTB's sister company who is also working on a certain semi plus trailer that both transform and combine. Oh and that trailer has a base mode as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Me thinks you're talking about KFC PMOP.... a bot, a trailer, a bot trailer, a god bot bomber trailer (exaggerating a bit here of course)

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks good to me. Nice to hear the shell parts are optional, into the trash those go - they don't make much of a difference anyway. Not sure why they bothered at all.

18. gaseous clay

News Credits:
    I mean, comparing it to those figures, sure. But going by the pricing of the limb bots, I think $120 is a reasonable guess. Like despite the increasing price of their Stunticons over the years, the average price for non-G2/toy versions is still ~$65, which is still cheaper than a normal MP carbot. I had always theorized $100, but $120 is almost double the limbs, which I still think is fair given he ended up being a big boi.

And I know I'm going to get flak for this for stating how much I'm willing to pay, but I think $80-$100 would be fair for the trailer, because you're getting a whole bunch more playability out of it. Yes, Capone comes with the giant bug, but Gravestone's trailer can turn into a base, carry a Stunticon, has the roof cannons for the cars, etc. So I think $220 total is reasonable, as I do think Gravestone+trailer is worth that much more. I mean, that price is prolly comparable to RK as well- he's $180, and while he doesn't come with the Menasor frame, I bet the price difference between the last FT limb bot + the parts and a normal FT limb bot is such that if you add it to RK's $180 price instead would come out between $220-$250.

Plus, lets look at the price of the sets as a whole:
    XTB=$50 Crackup, (going by the price you can get him for now, not the original price), $60 Flipout, $70 each for Deathwish and Overheat, so $250 for all the limbs.
    DX9=$100 for the limb bots, $160 for Capone, so $560 for the whole set.
    FT=$105 for the limb bots, $180 for Road King, ? for the frame. So without the Menasor parts, you're looking at a minimum of $600.

But one could argue, but XTB's limb bots are smaller, plus the QC issues. Okay, so lets say then that Monolith is worth only 80% of DX9's set. 80% of DX9 is about $450. So MX12A and B being $200 is still an incredible value compared to the other sets. And even at $100 more, it would still be cheaper than the DX9 set. So I'm not too worried about a "bait and switch", because even at $300 it would still be the same total price as the competition.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    would we be able to fake out Menasor with the "arm shells" and the skeleton and have the group standing in bot mode?

I would love that idea.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That's te01 on the left and mp44 on the right, can't remember if they're identical in height.