X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

it just dawned on me that with 3 sets of stunticons they are puttign out (g1 toonish/g1 toyish/g2), thats 12 car bots from 4 molds. thats a mini carbot platoon there. if you add in other XTB figrues...we got skids, crosscut, and police deco guy. so 15...from 5 molds.

how many official carbots are there (not counting van bros, fusos, or minibots, oh and hotrod don't count because not really a car, and totally different from season 1 and 2 aesthetic....he's a space car, like kup is a space pickup)?
    mp12, 12+, tigertrack, clampdown, red alert, red alart+, wheeljack, wheeljack+, sunstreaker, cordon, bluestreak, streak, silverstreak, streak+, prowl, prowl+, smokescreen, tracks, roadrage, loudpedal...so 20 unless i missed anything...from 5 molds.

interesting, 5 molds from each with takara ahead on the redeco/retool front, obviously this is just XTB vs. takara. if we add in other 3P then takara is outnumbered in both unique molds and totally output actually.

2. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, he is supposed to drop next month.

3. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think this supports the idea that I got a 2nd run version. No such problems and no Savant face. If yours is new, and clearly first run by the issues, then I'm even more convinced mine's from a new batch with the fixed shoulders.

Only posting to continue floating the idea there may be a fresh improved batch out there. Would be great if ibot could confirm whether that 2nd run is out or not.

4. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Apologies in advance as I know that it's been asked before.

Would someone be so kind to share the email address for XTB in order to get a new set of shoulders for Overheat please?

Mine now have cracks running all the way through them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 4249david

Ebay:
    To actually release? Is that new information? I haven't heard anything concrete on a definite 2019 release...

6. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ibot said that around 2-300 pages ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

i was absent from this thread during the height of the peak cracking incidents. who did you all contact to get the shoulder pieces? i simply used tman's transformation advice and mine haven't cracked at all but it does seem like its just a matter of time, right? i guess i should know who to contact. someone let me know. thanks.

8. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

ibot was here about a month ago saying there'd be news on GS in about a month, it's back when all the shoulder complaints were happening like 50 pages back or something

9. 4249david

Ebay:
    He also said we'd see proper images in October, but we didn't. The only official image is G2 Menasor

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goes to show you how reliable ibot is with dates. I love him though

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Autobrats, rolls out!

• Like Like x 1
  12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

From the animator's pen... If we're looking for logic and realistic, TFs are kind of the wrong outlet for that.

Alternatively, their solution could have been to include the parts in the next release, free of charge...it would just take forever. I have mixed feeling on the topic. It is ultimately their fault so getting a fix should be their responsibility, but having an inexpensive solution available in a fairly reasonable time frame is a nice option to have. And if you bought through one of the more expensive retailers with good customer service, it probably would be a free fix if you went through them.

• Like Like x 3
  13. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy to wait just would REALLY like MM before Christmas just to round this team off for 2019.

I really don't like how they prioritize G2 repaints before completing the original set. That irks me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid I yam what I yam...

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    Doesn't this one normally start veering off into talk about vegetables? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, the solution is for them to eat the cost because it was their mistake. If I had done something wrong and broke it and they wanted to charge me, that would be fine, but if it came already broken, broke on its own within a matter of months, or broke while I was carefully following the instructions they gave, then it's on them and they should pay to fix it. I assume that the reason you don't have to pay when you go through your seller, is because the seller covers the shipping cost. That's not exactly fair to them but theoretically they should be passing that cost back to the manufacturer.

Again, it's only $5 and I'm not going to start a fight with them over it but, if they were doing it right, they wouldn't charge us anything.

16. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

One thing I was thinking about when I saw some more shots of Capone in alt-mode is, some of that length is because part of the trailer forms Motormaster. So if XTB is indeed still going with a trailer transforming into the Menasor suit, its length should be comparable to DX9's. But since Gravestone is prolly still cab only, it will be a better length?

I mean, going by those pics of Capone next to MP10 in truck mode, it does seem like if you just cut out the part of the trailer that is MM, and moved the trailer up, Gravestone would still be longer than Roadking, Powertrain, MP10 and MP44, but not by too much.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

The retailers cover it because they're the middleman and that's their job...and they mark up the product a pretty penny for that service. It should be on XTB to provide a fix, but it's not necessarily their responsibility to deliver the fix to you direct. They could be dicks and just say contact your retailers...that's why I'm not adamantly against the process. Chances are if I'm going straight to the manufacturer, it's because I got the product for less than MSRP, and my seller is quite possibly less than awesome when it comes to product issues. If I have to forfeit a small amount of those nice savings every once in a while for replacement part shipping, but I'm still covered from product issues, seems a reasonable enough trade off. Alternatively, I could pay MSRP from BBTS and the like and they would offer me free shipping on issue resolution every time. Choose your own adventure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's a really good point. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it has zero impact. It's where it is and it'll come when it comes.

At the end of the day this set is still the furthest along and will 100% complete first. Could be worse, could only be 2 in.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marneyy

Marneyy Ain't that a kick in the lugnuts!

Think they may still do this? I mean other companies like Maketoys have done it by including wing fillers for their older seekers packed in with the newer seekers. Even XTB have done this by releasing new faces for older figures in newer releases, so I don't think it'd be out of the question for them to include replacement shoulders with Gravestone... Or am I hoping for too much here? (Side note, I've had no issues with Overheat's shoulders so far).