X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm mixing and matching from all companies. I'll at least get two MMs. Roadking pulled a marvel of engineering and fun very rare on FT stuff so that one stays. XTB has G2 colors, which is a huge plus, but that DX9 Menasor is looking mighty fine together with their MM.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Overheat did come with a Savant face. 100%.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Last Laugh

Last Laugh Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. I just meant that it's probably not a great idea to wait for the whole set to come out before deciding. Motormaster is mostly sold out, for instance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Many people, myself included didn’t have the shoulder issues until weeks or even months later. Mine did have the front end clearance issue and had the Savant face, but no cracking (I looked very closely at mine as there had been some complaints of fractures early on). I looked again months later after being away from the thread a while and reading about the problem. Hadn’t touch it since the first day I received it. I would definitely look at the figure again in a couple of months to be sure yours doesn’t have the same issue.

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but they are reissuing it.

6. Last Laugh

Yeah I saw that, and hopefully that becomes a more regular thing. If they reissue them all at the end that would be great, who knows, maybe they will.

As of now, though, considering the past record, I'd be concerned that waiting to see how the Menasor turns out before buying the figures might not be a great idea. Don't you think?

7. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    The great thing about DX9's Menasor is that it should get ibot thinking that he needs to provide a high quality product like DX9's bound to be and it will have to be at most 150/160.

Actually he doesn't need to think much right? As someone has mentioned DX9 = Unique Toys = KFC = XTB.

Perhaps ibot was getting confused. When he said there would be an update for Gravestone, he probably meant DX9 ....

What a joke.

8. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Even if they don't, it's not as if the alternatives are terrible. DX9 can be an alternative .......

FT has said, they might think about doing a boxset if there's a demand. So .......

9. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

i still don't understand why XTB went with the crazy large arm guy covers. Maybe that's accurate to some of the frames of cartoon, but it just looks weird in reality. Like, don't replicate the MISTAKES guys. MP44 doesn't include a creepy maskless animation error head.

Kinda crazy that the most anticipated releases for this set aren't the limbs or even the leader... it's the kibble.

10. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I'd sooner have XTB take their time and get a quality product out in Gravestone rather than see him suffer from the same QC issues that the last 2 carbots have seen.

However saying that, the lack of updates has been a little disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Last Laugh

That's good to know, thanks

12. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

The arm covers seem pretty small to me. I'd call them fillers rather than covers...

• Like Like x 1
  13. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I gotta be perfectly honest. I am seriously considering buying DX9's Motormaster, because he looks freaking awesome and the price tag is super appealing, and frankly, I'm not sure I even care to have a complete Menasor on display.

XTB has some serious shoes to fill. Gravestone better be amazing and affordable, that's all I'm saying...

• Like Like x 6
  14. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    6F63C00A-B276-4814-BD69-9F3293139C40.jpeg 5532EF7E-DDFC-42E1-B2E2-A360FF9B5DBA.jpeg Just got around to transforming Overheat back in to car mode. What exactly is the shoulder problem? Is it the real thin metal arms that rotate around? Are they prone to breaking?

• Like Like x 5
  15. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Ebay:
    Are there people that could check their G2 Overheat for shoulder cracks? Thanks in advance.

16. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Indeed and +100 to the above posts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unless XTB hits a homer with their MM... DX9 looks to have leap-frogged them in the Menasor Wars... combined mode vs combined mode. DX9s Menasor looks better and closer to the G1 toon in combined mode.

I see an iceberg off the port bow of the USS XTB Monolith... and it's closing in fast. :eek: :eek: :eek: 

17. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lower leg bricks and combiner head are an eyesore on DX9's imo, so I definitely don't agree.

• Like Like x 10
  18. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with you on the XTB Menasor head/face... but raise you the XTB barrel chest (Mena-Boobs) and lack of a waist on Monolith. His body has a very pronounced V taper with a lack of any waist which throws the whole combined bot profile out of whack. Not what the previous 4 XTB limb bots look like with their G1 toon accurate look. Complete head scratcher. DX9 has the body profile much closer to what G1 toon Menasor looked like.

19. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of the choices on the DX9 Menasor look better. The choice of purple for the hands and feet, the proportions, the head sculpt. I still like the individual XTB bot modes best, I think they look fantastic and hope Gravestone matches up but I might go FT or DX9 for combined mode and leave XTB as bots.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    Disagree completely...I think the XTB one looks miles better. But hey options!

• Like Like x 12