X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TheCianinator

TheCianinator Well-Known Member

You know how Shigeru Miyamoto famously said "a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever"? Well there's a caveat he forgot about there: a delayed product is eventually good, IF it comes out at all! And even then, only if it's been worked on consistently with clear direction. And even then, only if that direction was actually competent in the first place. In my adult experience, delays are more often a sign of incompetence than diligence, sadly. But I do love it when an exception comes along!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    That's it, I'm off for a VERY cold shower!!! :eek: 

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Duke Nukem Forever came out eventually ....... but I can tell you one XTB product that will NEVER come out .... their Dante/DaVinci mould.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did a switch get flipped somewhere? Why is everything suddenly talking about Gravestone not coming out? It's fun to joke about it taking a long time but some of these posts sound like they're being serious. Of course he's gonna come out. Only way he wouldn't is if xtb had to shut down or something. Why we even got a notice from ibot last month saying we'd see an update this month. Everything is thing to be fine. Well, I mean I don't know if the price is gonna be fine but everything else will be :p 

• Like Like x 2
  5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Because ppl seem to be of lower intelligence nowadays and will believe anything they hear/read.

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll see a full colour Menasor at TFCon and all the lemmings can chill.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

Will they?! :eek: 

(one day I'll actually learn how to do blue text :rolleyes: )

7. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, that was mean. First off, people are more intelligent than they were in the past - the only reason it seems otherwise is because it's easier to communicate so we're hearing from a much larger percentage of the population than before and there isn't as much need to be choosy with your words as there used to be (whether that's a good or bad thing, I leave to the reader to decide but personally I'm in favor of it). Second, that lemming thing is a myth - they don't actually jump off cliffs but were pushed by the documentary film makers (working for Disney) which is what has kept the myth alive in the public consciousness for so long.

No, I think the answer is pretty simple. Some of us have way too much time on our hands and can follow these threads in detail keeping up with the latest news and gossip, but not everybody does. So they pop in, take a look around, see people talking about Gravestone not coming out, then assume we know something they don't. It's not lack of intelligence; it's lack of immersion because they presumably have better things to do.

8. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

How dare you respond with reason and thought!!! Especially when a really crap joke has already been made!

Go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done! :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

My post about him being dead was a joke to kinda stay on topic. I know he'll come out and I can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  10. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I do think that instant information has made people intellectually lazy, maybe not dumber, but more gullible and more likely to spread misinformation.

I don't know if that Disney crew actually pushed the lemmings. It was probably like that recent National Geographic special with the diving walruses; overcrowding and the presence of the film crew spooked them into being taking headers off the cliffs.

11. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

Is that the people that bought Overheat? :p 

You know... because the plastic cracked... and they collected it... I'm sorry, I'll leave now :oops: 

• Like Like x 4
  12. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Mean? Maybe. Doesn't make it wrong. Or joking.

The fact ppl are believing this 'fact' based on nothing is kinda proof in the pudding. @CigarJackal just puts it in a fluffier way, and it's scary how many ppl do little research and take things on face value.

When did they get so naive? Maybe I'm just a hard faced bastard that questions everything due to the nature of my work.

Plus I'm more referencing the Lemmings Amiga game. I can imagine ppl blindly following each other around bumping into things, whittling about a toy being cancelled. How's that for mean? Now I'll go and find something better to do.

Pffft. This blue text thing just emphasises ppl's lack of picking up nuances and feeds back to the top of the post imo. Maybe I'm losing my last modicum of patience in my advancing years.

Now get off my lawn, the lot of yer!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  13. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

I like the people I encounter on the internet asking other people on the internet to answer a question that the other people will just google the answer to because they apparently can't google it themselves even though they are on the internet at the time they're asking others on the internet the question! :p 

14. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

They're devolving ;) 

That's been my experience for a long time, having to explain to people that you were joking, and also exactly how it was a joke :rolleyes: 

There is nothing better to do than be misunderstood on an internet forum! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    I know it was a joke. The over use of smilies kinda shows that without having to use a different colour text or over explaining.

Just sayin.

The lemmings on the other hand, I'm sure they're grateful. Even if they were pushed by Disney.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

Do I overuse smilies?!!! :eek: :oops: :confused: :rolleyes: o_O :p :D 

And sometimes the over explaining is the joke ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

lemmying.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's always been this way but people were quieter about it. As a kid I used to get made fun of, not because I wouldn't understand things but because I was the only one who would admit to not understanding and ask for clarification. What really drove me crazy was when the others had the wrong idea and made fun of me for not getting it when in fact they didn't get it either but they just didn't know it. Nowadays it seems that it's more socially acceptable to admit you don't know things and ask for help. Just one of the ways that people are smarter now than they used to be.

As for your statement on the blue text thing, you seem like the kind of person who will dig in their heels and won't change their mind no matter what anybody says so I realize I'm probably wasting my time in saying this, but I think it's kind of funny how, when you attempt to communicate a "nuanced" joke and that communication fails, you automatically blame the recipient rather than pausing to consider that maybe the problem was in the communication itself. Can't be your fault, right? ;) 

And just to clarify, I'm not trying to be a dick and I'm not assuming that every time someone misses one of your jokes, it's your fault. I'm saying that there are two parties involved in communication and the entire goal is to convey an idea from one party to the other. If that idea doesn't get conveyed, the communication has failed. That may be either person's fault or the fault of the medium (text is a poor medium, especially for jokes), or it may just be that the people come from different backgrounds or have different sensibilities. To immediately knee jerk and assume that they didn't get it because they're unintelligent is not only arrogant but counter productive. After all, there's no need for you to improve as a communicator if every miscommunication is the other person's fault. Personally, I love the blue text thing. I know not everybody does, and that's fine I suppose, but I find it incredibly useful for those times when I think it's clear that I'm joking but maybe it gets lost in text or cultural differences or whatever.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed

I think you've just described 90% of my jokes!

• Like Like x 2
  20. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I work with a lot of PhDs and other techical people.

The difference that I see between smart people and not so smart ones, in general, is that the smart people are the ones who will ask questions, while the not so smart ones are afraid of admitting that they don't know things.

• Like Like x 6