X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Enfin

Enfin Destron

2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes but these last two bots were delayed as well. But I think it's less about that than it is about them starting in on the third version of these guys without even having all of the first version out. Since they presumably will have limited availability, there's pressure to buy them right away and having that kind of pressure when we don't know what the final product is going to be like, is irritating.

There's also the perception that the time and resources being put into the repaints and retools could have been better put toward getting the first versions of each figure out. That may or may not be justified but it's still how it looks to people. I personally have no interest in the g2 or toy versions so the "but it before it's too late" thing doesn't bother me, but I'm irritated that any of them were done before Gravestone.

Though honestly my complaint is different than most people on the thread - I'll happily accept news updates and images and such but the thing I want to know is the fucking price. I understand that things needed to be refined and locked in before they could determine the final price (even though KFC somehow knew the price of all the PMOp components months ago) but there's no way they couldn't have it figured out by this stage of the game. Which means I can only assume that XTB is trying to maximize sales on the cheaper limb bots before dropping the bomb of Motormaster's price so it'll be too late to back out. And, if that's the case, then it's bullshit.

But yeah, I don't know that's what they're doing. I don't know anything because they won't tell us, and somehow that's even more irritating than if we already knew it and it was overpriced.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

I know assumptions make an ass out of yourself but, I'm already an ass so it isn't going to hurt anything. My assumption is that it will be less or the same price as FT's Roadking and that will be with the combiner parts. I expect it will be slightly more than Silver Arrow like the limb bots were more than Kronos' limb bots since that seems to be a logical pairing since FT is making their versions to be teamed up together/against each other.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it'll have all the trailer / combined mode parts, the final thing we have to buy, and probably be $120-150.

I also think it'll be worth the wait, for those of us that love what XTB does.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I think that space does mean something. And I’m hoping it means that they haven’t forgotten about Gravestone.

6. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Glad you are happy with what XTB is offering and how they are running things.

On another note, I and no one else has to "stfu" because you don't like what I/we/whomever is saying, so go try to bully or be an ass to someone else. It is the Internet and everyone has their opinion. It is funny, because you tell people to quit crying about XTB, but you sit on here crying about people having a different opinion than yours. But, again, it is the internet, so do and say whatever you want, because no one is forced to read or look at any of it.
    Peace.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to be that optimistic but I can't imagine it being comparable to Silver Arrow for a couple of reasons.

1. Silver Arrow was a plane and a non-transforming torso + hands + feet. Gravestone will be a truck and either a non-transforming full combiner body + trailer, or it will be a transforming combiner body/trailer. Either way that's a significantly greater amount of plastic and a much higher parts count.
    2. Zeta stands out from other 3Ps for their affordability: a distinction that XTB does not share (at least not to the same extent). XTB tends to be closer to FT in price than to Zeta. Arguments could be made as to the quality of their respective figures but the bottom line is that XTB is pricier than Zeta. They even charged $70 for their last two limb bots as opposed to Zeta's $60 per limb and XTB's don't even have a limb mode, instead just attaching to the combiner limbs. Furthermore, Zeta came out after their first two combiners were finished and stated that, if they do more combiners, they're going to have to charge more for them. Which tells us that their pricing model is unsustainable even though their figures are generally considered lower quality than XTB's (lower part count, less paint, cheaper plastic?) I would assume that Zeta priced their combiners as low as they did to quickly establish themselves as a player after their break from Toyworld.
    So yeah, I'd love to think Gravestone will be Silver Arrow priced or even Roadking priced but I just don't think that's realistic. I figure he's going to be at least $190 and that would be borderline miraculous - he's much more likely to be well over $200. Just how much over $200 it is will determine whether I end up owning Menasor or just four Decepticon carbots. And given that @ibot has refused to even so much as acknowledge my repeated requests for price information (seriously?! Not even a "we don't know yet but we'll get back to you?") I'm guessing that it's going to be higher than most of us want it.

STFU :p  Ow! Ow! I was kidding. See the blue text? :confused2 

8. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

and ignore...

9. Optimus Pine

Optimus Pine Active Member

Got my Gravestone today, he's amazing XTB nailed it.

Sorry just practicing for later this year.

• Like Like x 9
  10. BB03

BB03 Singularity

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got my Gravestone today. Gotta appreciate the fine craftsmanship. It'll be an honour to be buried 6 feet under this thing

• Like Like x 11
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Shit can you all just forget about Gravestone? If you keep mentioning it nothing is gonna get better and people are just gonna keep complaining. Probably within reason, but it’d be better to just leave it alone and wait till there’s some actual progress.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think he’s gonna be about RoadKing pricing as he’s the big bot with all the combiner gear, if he’s more than RoadKing I’d Be surprised though

• Like Like x 2
  13. BB03

BB03 Singularity

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What I said wasn't me complaining or mocking the long awaited update, if that's what you believed my intent was. Just making an innocent little joke about gravestones

• Like Like x 2
  14. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh no not you. That was actually funny. I was just generally reading over and I think he should just be left alone in terms of discussion. Cause not only is there nothing new to say, people are just gonna tire themselves out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autopod Decepticast

Autopod Decepticast Active Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    XTB was immediately responsive fron the first email. It took about a week of back and forth... validating the parts I needed, approving shipping label. Parts arrived 4 weeks after email communication was finalized. $5 to ship.

I can't really tell if the materials appear stronger or not... It looks and feels about the same as the current shoulder pieces. I'm waiting to install after the current cracked pieces finish their inevitable break.

16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What a peaceful, loving, and reasonable explanation! I kid I kid :p 

Well let's hope :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Arthimuz Prime

Arthimuz Prime Fat Minibot

Ebay:
    Now that XTB completed their G2 limbs, let's wait for their Toy versh, Animated color versh, IDW color versh, Cyberverse versh, UK versh - oops, Japanese versh - oops again, Comic versh, Transparent versh, Sleep versh... What, you waiting for who? Gravestone? Who's Gravestone?! :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I ain’t got a language warranty. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    200 plus dollar for Gravestone is the prize for ibot's continued presence in this board. Just suck it up!!!

20. DiabloET

DiabloET Active Member

For me, I contacted them on September 9th. Miss Zou informed me the parts had to come available at a second run of the figure. On September 23rd I got the message parts were available. Had to pay $6 shipping (to Netherlands). They were sent and I received them on October 1st.

As far as I could determine the problem with the flap had been fixed. It bended correctly both ways, no obstructions. Don't know about the material though, it could well have been better material

• Like Like x 1