X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Gravestone better not cost $200... I was thinking more in the $150 range... maybe I'm being a little unrealistic.

Eventually my wallet is going to scream bloody murder... :eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Dude they’re practically adding new corners. It’s so inventive and creative. I feel like you’re painting yourself into a corner even more if you’re parts-forming. Cause how inventive can you be if you just keep parts-forming? You’re just doing the same thing over and over. Now that’s painting into a corner.

• Like Like x 3
  3. XBurner071

XBurner071 Burn Baby Burn!

News Credits:
    I agree. That is not a fair comparison with Zeta and XTB. I guess we can compare XTB MM(that comes with a trailer that transforms into a base mode & combined mode) with FH Power Baser. Their V2 cost 220 usd. Power Baser core bot mode is MP 10 sized also,trailer also transforms into a base mode and combined mode is 12.5 inches tall. Now imagine a 20 inch combiner exeskeleton that transforms into trailer and a base mode that also comes with a MP 10 sized bot that transforms into truck and some of us wants it to cost no more than 200 usd. Now that is unfair for @ibot & XTB.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Since we're having this discussion:
    My main fear with non-partsforming was the ability of the waist/pelvis to handle the weight of the combined legs, yet still be able to be manipulated when not combined - IE having ratchets that could bear enough weight but still be fun to pose as an individual bot. Alas, I came across Constructor early on in my collecting and after that the decision was made.
    I'm very impressed by Assaultus but won't be getting it due to height. Kinda sucks, but there it is.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I don’t think we’re having this discussion. I don’t think the folks want this tread derailed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

This thread never had rails to begin with. Its more like a really cramped yatch where every passenger thinks he can take the wheel. But hey, we brought a lot of booze

• Like Like x 4
  7. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Cool, I don’t give a shit then.
    What they’re gonna do is have specific hips for the combiner mode which will fold out for a specific transformation. So Onslaught will have his own hips and so will Bruticus. Therefore their own ratchets of respective teeth.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a fair comparison? Wtf does that mean? They're both transforming 3p figures and the core of their respective combiners. It's not even apples to oranges - it's apples to slightly nicer apples which is exactly what comparisons are for. And even if it was apples to oranges, I always thought that was a stupid idiom: of course you can compare apples to oranges (both food, both fruit, both sweet, both grow on trees, etc. What idiot thought they couldn't be compared?) You can compare anything to any other damned thing you like.

But the purpose of my comparison was not to say they're 100% equal. You can, for example, draw comparisons between a low end car and a high end one and use their differences to justify differences in price. Not that I consider xtb to be "high end" or zeta to be "low end." Besides, I was comparing full combiner to full combiner when I made that comparison and my statement was that I feel XTB should be able to keep the full combiner at or under $440, which is $60 more than Zeta's. That would be $200 for Motormaster plus the combiner body. That's already higher than I think it has any right to be but I accept that this is an expensive hobby and that XTB has delusions of grandeur and think that their qc riddled figures are somehow on par with the offerings from other companies that don't share their problems (seriously, XTB, it's high time that you stopped having such obvious defects and breakages).

It does look pretty good. I haven't been following it - have they said what the combined mode height is going to be?

• Like Like x 7
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Same as what they said first. 47cm to the head.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Enfin

Enfin Destron

A thread about Stunticons being all over the place is actually lore-accurate with how they operate and Menasor's general mindset :D 

• Like Like x 9
  11. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Do we want to hear the complaining now or 3 months from now ;) 

12. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's been reported to be 49cm tall multiple times...
    20133774_10209138628479974_1207819920_o.jpg

13. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

He was talking about the 45cm Mmc bruticus

• Like Like x 2
  14. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My bad. Wrong thread though, lol.

15. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not at all. Ocular Max' Bruticus with fully integrated combined mode was brought up in contrast to the partsforming of XTB's Menasor and I asked about the height because I was sure that the integrated combination would make it shorter than XTB's figure. Being 4cm shorter than the other MP combiners is a major ding against Oc Max and it's one of the reasons why "cheating" and using fake parts and/or partsforming for combiners is a good thing.

16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Although the cannons make him taller than Menasor, so I think it could actually look kinda cool. Story telling almost, his use as military power is the only thing putting him on the same level as other combiners.

17. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Snow white and the 4 dwarfs. Only interested in the Combiner head to be larger as a display option fit on the FT Marauder head. If this combiner was 2 inches larger it would be giving it a run for its money. But I really dig the look, IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!:mad: 

18. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

So, since we are talking about other bots I wonder if Generation Toy is redoing their Hot Spot to make him bigger to better match the size of the other Combiners. Want to see where that goes before I invest in it and the Combaticons.

19. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No because GT is doing their own scale

20. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

If that works for you, sure. I prefer Bruticus to be as large as the other combiners, with the cannons putting him over the top.