X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Stoikovich

Stoikovich Well-Known Member

One month? You, sir, are a most optimistic gent :D 

I can’t wait, I love completing teams. This lot look great as bots and I really hope combined mode follows suite.

2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I did say "at least." Death Wish and Overheat were "only" one month later than the last release estimate we were given. Can't recall if we'd been given previous dates on either of them, though.

Soooooo.... if it's so close to release, why aren't there any pre-orders yet? :horse: 

• Like Like x 1
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Would you rather know the price is more than 200 dollars now or 3 months from now? ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Also those KFC Dreadwing dudes.
    Yeah I’m keen to know as well. It sounds like there will be a reissue but will it be fixed or just have replacements ready? Cause I’d rather have a good figure already. Cause everyone has already been giving out replacements.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Not everyone, I'm still waiting to hear back from Netclow regarding the status of the replacement shoulders for Overheat. Moderately annoying since I was the person who initially reported that the shoulders had begun showing stress marks and cracks after sitting on a shelf untouched for multiple weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The trailer will be a special mail away with 25 proofs of purchase from other XTB/KFC product.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OPisOP

OPisOP Well-Known Member

So it got kind of buried, but does anyone know what size screw goes into Overheats shoulders? The one on top

Attached Files:

8. falconluan

falconluan Active Member

So it is still not confirmed if the trailer is the combiner parts or contains the combiner parts?
    Hope it IS the combiner parts otherwise it will end up like a Zeta combiner or maybe even worse...
    I think DX9's trailer (some of the trailer) will transform to the combiner body directly. Pitty that I don't like the size of their car bots.
    FT'MM is somewhat weired, it needs/has 2 trailers to be a combiner. That why my bet is on XTB. Although have bought the four cars already, I will reconsider the whole set if the combiner body is parts forming ...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Optimus Pine

Optimus Pine Active Member

I know my opinion isn't going to be popular but after receiving Zeta's Bruticon, I'm a big fan of partsforming.

Makes for a very stable and poseable combiner.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now. Actually I'd rather have known the prices of the whole set before buying the first one. I love XTB but this is bullshit. Buying one figure in the set is useless without the rest of them so we should've been able to make an informed decision right from the start rather than finding out that the second figure was going to cost half again as much as the first and the third and fourth were going to cost even more. And to be 4/5 through the set without even a hint what it's going to cost to finish it is intolerable.

And he better freaking not be over $200. The first four members have a combined price of $240. If the fifth member costs as much as the rest of the set combined, then I'm out. Oh, I'll keep my carbots - selling them or giving them away wouldn't solve anything - I just won't have a Motormaster or Menasor. Hell, the zeta combiners were $380 total. It definitely won't be that cheap (Motormaster plus torso for $140 would be a ridiculously optimistic expectation), but I see no reason why it should cost more than $440 for the full set.

Hell, I still haven't gotten a replacement for the broken hood on Overheat. I've asked about it a couple of times now but got brushed aside with claims that parts weren't available and that I would be contacted when they were (and I'm sure that I haven't been forgotten :rolleyes: ). Might have something to do with the fact that I refuse to knock out any pins so I've pretty much requested half the figure as replacement (more like 1/3 since part of the arms can be unscrewed from the torso).

Nothing is confirmed. Somebody at some point said something about the trailer being used to store combiner parts but it was never clear if the combiner body was going to fold up and fit in the trailer or if it would form the trailer itself. It was never even confirmed if it actually would store in the trailer. Given the seams and splits on the combiner prototype we saw, I'd say it's a pretty good bet it transforms into something (either the trailer or a box that fits inside) but nothing is confirmed.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  11. XBurner071

XBurner071 Burn Baby Burn!

News Credits:
    Would like to know the price now and would also like for them to justify the price if it is more than 200 dollars

• Like Like x 1
  12. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’m sorry to hear about that. That’s completely unfair.

I suppose it’d be best if they released a fixed version along with replacements.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    The right thing to do would be to include improved shoulders in the package with Gravestone.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I’d be good with that as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Why it's going to cost more than 200:
    1. FT Roadking is 180 and does not contain combiner parts.
    2. It's XTB.
    3. Diapers ain't cheap.

16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    In fact your opinion is now quite popular, quite a few people gave up perfect transformation for height; stability and posability are not necessarily a direct benefit from pantsforming, but is certainly easier to design those features since fake crotches and bodies are dedicated "combiner" parts.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, combiners should absolutely be parts formers, I want a nice looking package with stability. I don’t want weird limitations and half assed final product because they tried to make Gravestone’s head turn into a load bearing ankle rocker.

• Like Like x 3
  18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That's not a fair comparison, you can not compare a fully transformable trailer with the fake components that Zeta used to use in their combiners. The price difference is in the parts count, complexity and engineering.

TFM Powertrain was / is ~$200 and that thing was a MP 10 size bot + trailer, And on top of that, the combiner parts are fully integrated and they transform from different parts of his body and alt-mode and they do all of that with accuracy in mind. You pay what you get.

Yes please! More jetformers!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Perfect transformation ain’t that bad. Have you seen Ocular Max’s recent stuff? They got a Bruticus coming and it’s pure sex. Not a bit of parts-forming for that lad.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually don't have any Ocular max stuff, the Combaticons do look good. That's impressive if there's no parts forming, I just don't want anyone to paint themselves into a corner. I don't mind popping on a chest plate or whatever.