X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    December 2019:

This afternoon (PST time), ibot shared the news of the arrival of Gravestone. The world's FIRST transforming baby entered the testshot phase a couple of months ago and was "born" early this morning Dec 20th, 2019 and weighs 2lbs (diecast included). ibot thanks you for your support and kindness during this exceptionally joyful time.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

having Gravestone not come with the combiner parts would be a total shit move. I don't understand why people are wanting it without and saying they want Gravestone to be "cheaper" without the trailer when you are going to have to spend the money anyway if you are going to combine it. Also having Gravestone without the trailer wouldn't be animation or toy accurate. Sorry, but having Gravestone and not a trailer is just stupid plain and simple.

• Like Like x 3
  3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Ibot already confirmed it will come with the trailer before.

I personally wanted just the cab so i could consider this as a standalone, and Ibot answered, and that was the end of it, but i seem to have missed the chairs and pissed mob you are referring to. Can you pls point me in the right direction?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tainogunslinger

Tainogunslinger Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    AWESOME NEWS THANKS IBOT!

• Like Like x 1
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's Murica where the English language has come to die.
    Dislike = HATE
    One person = MOB
    3 people = MANY.
    People that I know = EVERY ONE

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I assume you actually want to know, so i will entertain the question in case, for my own considerations

- Wanted just the 4 limbs (cause i was cheap back then), then saw motormaster just as cab and can transform without trailer (COOOL), then considered in case it could be obtained cheap on it's own like the rest (ie below 100$ -> cause i was cheap), until found out it wasnt the case, and then ok, np.

- Just like MP Optimus Prime, when one wants Motormaster as a standalone, for bot mode mostly, and sometimes alt mode too, then a trailer that doesnt store into the body like Roadking requires storage. Also, costs at least 70$+ more. That is why i got TE-01 for my Optimus Prime, and why i am hoping for a KO MP-44 without trailer. Is it show accurate in alt mode? Nope. Do fans of TE-01 / MS-01 care? If they do, they should go with MP-44.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeeeey news, at least.

8. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Nobody is arguing that individual consumers aren’t going to have individual preferences, but in making a product strategy the best course isn’t targeting every individual preference or targeting the individual preference that is the exception to the market. The best practice is to target the market that is the majority not the exception.

Nobody is saying the individual who has no need for a trailer or combiner parts with Motormaster is stupid, just that it would be stupid for XTB to release the product catering to that likely exception.

• Like Like x 3
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ... anyway...

I look forward to getting the four cars in Toy versions and sticking those cool laser cannon packs on their backs. :) 

Happy one of the 3Ps remembered how cool those were on the original toys and recreated them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I dont disagree with you, but, just look at how all 3 companies are offering the limbs without combiner parts (this in itself is NOT common practice). In the case of FT, their Motormaster doesnt included the combiner parts. In the case of XTB, their Motormaster doesnt even need the trailer to transform. So a separate sale with combiner parts / trailer was feasible sales wise, and not necessarily stupid, as it would have both catered to the fans wanting cheap stunticons, and those wanting their menasor, especially if available same time as the cab.

In either case, XTB already confirmed that Motormaster will come with the trailer, BUT... i dont know if they confirmed that all the combiner parts will come with it too!!! ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, this is where I was confused, I thought it was confirmed that the trailer was or included the combiner parts, and all previous versions of Motormaster have always been trailer/bot in one piece, so I've never even see him apart from the trailer. Anyway, I'm definitely not saying its dumb to ask anything, just that people want it both ways and some people are going be disappointed either way. Anyway, I think it looks great!

12. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I have to suspect FT is simply delaying the release of the combiner parts and they throw them all in with the last bot of each set that is released. At least that better be their plan as I’m buying into Superion and I better not have to buy the combiner parts as a separate set!!!

Actually, now that I type that out it may not bother me that much. If XTB went that route I’d be more okay with it if it was just the combined parts as the trailer, even if it is needed for combination, still is part of the Motormaster character and should come with him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    congrats on 11,000 posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Not everyone has the same collecting priorities as you. You should chill out a bit. The people who were hoping the trailer would be separate - which isn't happening, so even more reason to relax - were likely not interested in combining this set. Not everyone cares about 100% toon accuracy, and some people display their figures in bot modes only, and will have no use for a trailer. Selling the trailer separately strikes me as being kind of inefficient for XTB so I'm not surprised they aren't doing it that way, and the whole idea seems to have stemmed from some ambiguity in the instruction manuals for the earlier releases.

• Like Like x 2
  15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

When one see the below picture by XTB as the first alt mode pic on their Motormaster, one such as I begins to wonder / hope AND get excited about it ... ;) 

DE3K9CoUIAAMZO_.jpg

16. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

He's looking pretty good, hopefully XTB makes that end-of-year estimate, but I'd not be surprised if it's pushed out. When the set and its renders were announce, they looked a bit like Playskool Stunticons to me, but thankfully the results have been far better than the early designs foreshadowed.

17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How dare you suggest being reasonable?!

It's XTB. Always add at least one month to any estimate they give.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cesco1701

cesco1701 Well-Known Member

Yes totally agree, i bought TRL Jazz for same reason. I like also robot mode (not bad, not good, bearable ;) )

19. mirage426

mirage426 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thats why I got them, too

Yes, Please, I have a preorder in limbo for like 7 months now..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Enfin

Enfin Destron

I hope Gravestone has translucent plastic in all the right places for alt mode. Head/roof lights for example.

• Like Like x 2