X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Yea a paint brush and paint...that's not a fix

• Like Like x 1
  2. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

Since MP-44 is out, I'm guessing once XTB gets a copy, we'll see more updates on Motormaster. That's my thoughts anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Enfin

Enfin Destron

I had the same thought actually. Hopefully though that will not be the case and they will stick with realistic alt modes better than Takara has been doing.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But not nothing, and definitely not telling customers to "stuff it".

• Like Like x 3
  5. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

I got a reply this week that they don't have any replacement arms anymore. I have to wait untill the next production run. My guess is they ran out as there's so many fucked up shoulders. Titanium please!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    I asked thrm to wait till they could send both shoulders at once on the next run. I'm not going to do much with him again till motormaster arrives anyway, which is sad. I seriously love how nice the individual bots look, but its so hard not to combine a combiner. My soul of chogokin voltron arrived yesterday and he went to combined mode instantly, despite how awesome each lion is (and yes if you are a fan hunt 1 down. Nicest voltron i have ever owned. I could beat an intruder to death with it and not be afraid of it breaking).

• Like Like x 1
  7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

So it appears that the issues these are having are a bit...widespread? Am I right or wrong in this?

I havent bought any of them yet but...I want to be sure. Too many reports of defects it seems.

8. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    Even with overheat's shoulder problem, i love these figures. There have been a few qc issues here and there on the others, but nothing widespread. Every run is bound to miss a lemon in qc checks. Overheat definitely has a widespread shoulder issue though. I would buy them all again no question.

• Like Like x 6
  9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Thats reassuring...I am holding out till MM is released. I hoped so much these would be the right Stunticons for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

They also adjusted the design by adding a pad to the area which causes the chip and sent the same pad out to people who asked. Though to be fair, I don’t think a paint chip only visible in alt mode is comparable to arms which break in half and a hood that snaps off. Out of interest, how would you fix a paint chip?

11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Completely replace the piece with the chip.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Well, opened my limb bots last night and I have them in alt mode on the shelf. Haven’t tried to transform them yet. Spent the night combining my Zeta Superion. Might attempt it today, will update the outcome if I do lol.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

Did you feel the same thing when Deathwish had all his chipping issues, or where the protective sticker on Wildrider was taking the paint off. My Andras has the worst paint chipping on his thighs than any of my TFs, and I know it’s not an isolated issue. But paint issues are not the same as a design issue that causes pieces to snap.

14. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Off topic, but they did send out replacement hoods to some people who asked. They initially sent me a paint kit. I then heard that someone else got a new hood, so I emailed again, said the paint didn't look good and asked for a new hood. They sent it to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The chip on Hotrod came from the factory. Anything that comes defective from the factory should be remedied by part replacement.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

@Razzadazza Hoodlum was a design flaw, they were chipping when still in the box gotta love the FT white knighting.

17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not? Others have already replied more succinctly than I could so I'll just say that I agree - if a paint chip is a factory defect, then yes, the affected parts should be replaced. If the paint chips are from owner carelessness, then the manufacturer is under no such obligation. Of course the line between those is a little fuzzy - just because the paint is intact out of the box doesn't mean that all chipping etc. is the owner's fault: Wildrider's sticker is the perfect example. If it got ruined just by removing the factory applied film, that's a factory defect.

That's good. FT is generally one of the better companies about replacements, right up there with xtb, so I was surprised to hear they'd refused replacements in this case. Glad to hear they came around.

I have my issues with ft and with xtb for that matter but owning up to their qc mistakes is not one of them. That's why I'm not terribly worried about this Overheat shoulder issue - so far it's a minor cosmetic defect that may or may not lead to something more serious. It's been well documented so I have little doubt that xtb will do what they can to make it right. I would almost be willing to bet money that we'll get replacement shoulder pieces with Motormaster and that they'll be willing to help anybody who doesn't but Motormaster and asks for the parts. That doesn't mean I'm happy about the situation - ideally this should have been caught before it was mass produced, along with the hood breaking, but I'd rather a company that's known for making and fixing mistakes than a company that has fewer mistakes but doesn't fix them. Still... it would be nice if they got a little better about making fewer mistakes. It's just plain ridiculous that the transformation of Overheat requires bending against such a tight joint while also being made of fragile plastic.

• Like Like x 4
  18. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

anyone interested in buying Flipout & Crackup in perfect condition?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

What do you want for em? Are you in the US?

20. DarthBacon101

DarthBacon101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    i'd be interested as well...