X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

C328BA4F-1EAB-41EB-BB71-B5B9D1F213D2.jpeg Packing flaw or design flaw? How is he supposed to shoot straight with that starboard tack in his gun?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They are all like that. If you push it in slightly, it is more stabilized.

4. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    I don't understand why they even installed headlights in Deathwish. They didn't bother to do that for any of the others.

• Like Like x 3
  5. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Or possibly he knows the quirks of the materials and has handled these 100's times by the time the video rolls round.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's like that so he doesn't shoot the driver.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

pretty simple really, there isn't enough room to put the flipper doors for the headlights, the LED's and the battery compartment in the other two.

8. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Push it in. It telescopes. You're lucky your gun came in one piece.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed this also includes purple Autobot G2 logos and red Decepticon G2 logos. Do those represent shattered glass G2?

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Well, they were able to put flip-up headlights on the smaller sized Boost/Hatch. Badcube was able to do it with their Lambos and Takara did it with Sunstreaker and Cordon. DX9 did it with their Stunticons as well. I wouldn't mind if they didn't light up, just as long as they can flip up. It was simply a missed opportunity by XTB.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Quirks or not, the paying customers should be able to enjoy the same experience.

• Like Like x 1
  12. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Well, at least he isn’t shooting the driver in the back of the head!

13. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Overheat the other day, meh. So meh I got him 2 days ago, and was meh about taking the time to post this.
    Did the mods so, I didn't have trouble with breaking, though a big problem is the plastic, in doing the mods it reminded me of paper plate material especially the from bumper part. Not a fan of the banana colored bare plastic with the rest of the painted parts. Tolerances are kind of bad, with the pulling and stretching not helped by the thin plastic. I can't get his engine back out without watching the plastic expand against the pins in the cockpit, which is really the biggest factor in my meh. And my gun came in 4 pieces.
    Hopefully Gravestone and Dead End feel alot better in hand than Overheat. Anyway anybody needs Skids face PM me.

**and he's gone***

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

This is what happens when people keeping posting thing like,

"Where the hell are these figures already?!"

"They should have released by now!! WTF"

"That's it, get the pitchforks!!!"

@ChromeMagnus, this next part isn't directed at you. It's more directed at the general masses...

Seriously, y'all harassed XTB enough to where they caved and rushed production... then you bitch because the QC on the rushed product isn't up to industry standards. Well, guess what? You don't get to have it both ways.

• Like Like x 10
  15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Believe me, XTB isn't worried about customers being impatient. If they were to ever rush anything, it isn't because of the general public's demand. If they did, Abaddon, Davinci, Dante, Locke, and Virtus would be here already. It took 3-4 years from reveal to release for Eligos and it STILL had issues upon release. The problems are due to corner cutting on the part of XTB. Stratotanker was another highly anticipated letdown, then there was the BS they pulled with Kingorilla's issues. Granted, XTB/KFC's quality has gotten better as of very late but qc issues still persist (Overheat). Trust me, they aren't losing a wink of sleep over our feelings or concerns any more than Takara being worried about their insane prices. They know that a good enough amount of folks will still buy whenever they do decide to release it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

They may have rushed production for this reason, but I suspect FT’s Roadking being so well received had a hand in it too. A lot of folks who were planning on going to XTB only route caved and bought Roadking, and some were likely wavering in which set to go with (provided the weren’t getting both).

But putting more of the team out faster is likely to satisfy the appetites of the more impatient fans and hopefully prevent them from switching. Of course this strategy has obvious risks which manifested themselves with Overheat’s issues.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rushed? So how long would it take if they did it right? Does xtb need to slow down to one figure a year in order to not be "rushed?" One every two years? They aren't rushing - this set has been incredibly slow and they've missed deadlines more than once. Deadlines they set. It wasn't all that long between Crackup and Flipout, but why did it take so long between him and Deathwish? Why did xtb say he was coming out in December and then in April, only for it to come out at the end of May? Maybe they did rush but what the fuck is their unrushed speed? They've had enough time that they should have been able to release all five by now with a couple months between each release. You don't get to release nothing for six months and then say you're rushed. Should they have taken another six months before releasing Overheat so that they wouldn't "rush" him?

And yeah, I know there have been other figures during that time. Mostly reissues or G2 versions. And I don't think that matters. There's not nearly as much r+d involved in making a few tweaks and/or color changes to a previous figure. They've had plenty of time to perfect Deathwish and Overheat so why is it that after all that time, suddenly it's defective because we rushed them?

• Like Like x 2
  18. we_are_forest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finally managed to transform Overheat tonight.
    Did the bumper mod and it worked a dream; there was no way it was going to move without it.

There is no chance in hell of the wheels turning on the shoulders either. I haven't got a file so tried some sandpaper which will take forever to properly sand down enough so for now, his tyres are stuck up in the air off his arms. This to me is absolutely shocking in how there is absolutely no room for maneuver - 5% my eye!

You can certainly see why this guy breaks as some of the tolerances are super tight.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'm not saying the "I shouldn't have to mod/fix my toys!" crowd doesn't have a valid point, but I'm also not saying this is a problem unique to Overheat or XTB. One of the first things I bought when I started buying 3P figures was a set of metal files.

• Like Like x 6
  20. we_are_forest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To be honest I don't own that many 3P bots but from reading stories on the forums can certainly see what you mean.

• Like Like x 1