X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

They're a good match as far as I'm concerned.

On a side note, though, I always thought the Combaticons would have made better rivals for the Aerialbots, and it would have made more sense for the Stunticons to face off against the Protectobots, despite the cartoon setting up Stunticons vs. Aerialbots and Combaticons vs. Protectobots rivalries. The Aerialbots and the Combaticons are both (mostly) military vehicles, and the Stunticons are more likely to be causing mayhem down on the streets of some human city, where the Protectobots would be more likely to be hanging out as well.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    motormaster :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah I'm still convinced the real cars are in there with bigger scale faux shells over. :) 

E.g. look at the vents ahead of the rear wheels. Different sizes. Also I think you can see the real rear wing underneath the larger faux one...
    men1.jpg

Look at the engine - it's a similar size/footprint to a rear tyre...
    men2.jpg

But in combined mode it appears almost as small as a front tyre when you see it within the faux large car...
    men3.jpg

You can see the windows and roof of the real Porsche nestled within the faux large Porsche shell looking really tiny. It's possible to estimate the outline of the real Porsche halves. The faux rear-end shell has a big thick b-pillar band not any part of a real Porsche 928 - just there to tie together with the real rear end...
    men4.jpg

And finally you can see what probably is the front bumper lip of the real Porsche within the faux shell, similar to Dragstrip's rear wing...
    men5.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    That makes sense and i can see that. Ive been saying from the start that either the arm cars are going to be bigger than the leg cars, or something else is going on. The wheels on the arm cars are CLEARLY larger than the leg cars. Never thought about them putting a shell over the original figs, that is a good thought you have there about that tho.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

I wonder if that means the faux shells might be completely optional, then. If so, I might just not use them unless Menasor's arms look bad without them.

6. Slaglock

Slaglock Well-Known Member

we need clear pics and explanation of transformation pleeeeeeease!

7. Liampope

News Credits:
    Yeah that's what I suggested when I first proposed my theory of how this thing works. The faux parts must be optional so you could have a less toon accurate but less partsformy combined bot if you prefer.

8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's freakin' genius! Looks cartoon accurate without messing up the scale of the individuals in bot or alt mode. Nicely done, xtb.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Liampope

News Credits:
    Yeah I think it’s a real interesting and unique approach they are taking here. Looks and scales great and toon accurate in all modes and I totally don’t mind sitting there building a combined bot out of small bots plus other parts as that’s just what I did back in 86.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Boy, this thread is deader than disco..........

Any updates on these? I really need some Stunticons in my collection, sooner rather than later please.

I might be mistaken, but wasn't it mentioned earlier in the thread that these would all be out before the end of the year? Fat, chance of that happening.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If these are shellformers, that would be super weird and without precedent for Menasor.

It'd also dissuade me from a purchase and I'd switch over to the DX9 set.

12. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this even with shellforming. I think its the rare situation where shellforming solves the most issues i care about:

- allowing individual alt and bot modes to scale with MP carbots

- making combined mode size larger, and closer to other 3p MP combiner offerings happening now (TW, FT) than it would be if real alt modes were used for limbs (would be much smaller).

Basically giving us the better visuals for all 3 modes than the tradeoffs necessary to not shellform would. Pretty much what Liampope said more succinctly above i guess.

• Like Like x 2
  13. sdufore

sdufore Well-Known Member

I love everything I see so far. There is only so much you can do with 'mass shifting' and this is a good solution.... actually adding mass to the arms. Unless someone comes up with a way to modify the structures of atoms in the near future, this is the best we can do. By the way, can the Stunticons fit in Motormaster's trailer? Seems like this is the litmus test for the Autobots, why not the Stunticons?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Motormaster's trailer breaks apart into a lot of the combiner pieces. The updated pictures show the sides for the trailer form the G1 toy base.

X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

15. sdufore

sdufore Well-Known Member

Wow, that base mode looks awesome! So does Motormaster, to be honest. I made the question about fitting in the trailer somewhat in jest, I guess I should have written it in blue. But thanks for the reply, I hadn't seen those pics. Also, I love your avatar. That movie is so hilarious. Brawndo has what plants crave!

• Like Like x 1
  16. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Without trawling through the thread, does anyone have an idea how this will scale with UT Ragnaros? Looking to get more MP combiners and like the look of this

17. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Everything, right now, shining in hope.

News Credits:
    He should be 1-2 inches taller — I think...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

First post says he's supposed to be 49cm tall. Do we know for sure how tall Ragnaros is going to be? I know there's been a lot of speculation and estimating, but the last I heard there was some discrepancy between what the official word was.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Late Ironhide

Late Ironhide The Fallen Hero

I haven't been on here for awhile so I don't know but anyways. What is the latest on when Breakdown be coming out. I had though he was coming out this month? So what's going on.

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    thought he was supposed to be out a couple of months ago.... so much for the ramped up production