X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No you're wrong. $5 discount on 1 member out of 4 clearly means it's failing.

Even the morons can see that!

And no. I refuse to use blue text.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that like you refuse in general or just in this specific instance.

3. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    In general and in this instance. But then I'm a sarcastic fucker and can generally see it in text anyway.

Of course this isn't failing, ppl can start declaring the sky is falling if all members get heavily discounted, until then that's a lol

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

they are only on here to try to throw shade because a company dared make a competing product to their fan boi brand.

5. joshualukin

joshualukin Well-Known Member

I got Montana off of Aliexpress for $40.00 before Christmas so...

6. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

Selling 1 limb for cheap or at a discount is a great way to gain new customers and potential future buyers who decide they want to complete the set after owning the first one. Technically, it worked for me, as I wasn't going to buy XTB originally, but did because of the low priced original run of Crackup.

It's good business. ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  7. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Just did my first transformation of Flipout and no matter what I tried I couldnt get the feet to slide backing for alt mode. Finally had to cheat and use a tool to push up from underneath. Any tips people?

8. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

I was just checking shipping costs over on Toy Dojo and he's sold out of Overheat already.

9. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

Are you saying near the final step when you slide the feet into the cavity between the doors and under the roof? or are you referring to another part?

10. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^Patience is not one of my virtues unfortunately....

^ Same here, weird.....

^ That's what my notice said...

^ Wouldn't that be nice....

• Like Like x 1
  11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I appreciate anyone not using blue text...kind of defeats the purpose IMO. Will some people sometimes miss sarcasm otherwise? Sure...but same thing happens IRL. Why don't people use a special font color for humor so people know you're telling a joke? If it's funny, there's no need. If the only way people can tell you're being sarcastic is to use blue text, you must not being doing a very good job with it.

Not for me. Granted, it's perfectly reasonable, but 1) they're not all $50 even, and 2) at $40 they were too good of a deal to pass on...but these guys weren't on my purchase list so if they weren't going to be too good of a deal to pass...well, then I'll just stick to my plan.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Just picked this guy up, cant wait to get home and get some comparison shots! Looks good in package from what i can tell. No paint issues i can see im car mode 20190604_110555.jpg

• Like Like x 26
  13. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Honestly, you'd be amazed how many people misread sarcastic comments here and take it as a personal attack and then it escalates. Blue text (IMO) sorta says "Cool your jets...I'm just goofin' around"

• Like Like x 5
  14. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paint it in G2 colors.

15. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    20190604_134214.jpg
    yeah, where you are tilting the back of the car up to align it. one went it in fine, the other i had to HELP A LOT!

Had to push up in these gaps of the feet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

To that I would say, what did we do here before blue text was a thing? Can blue text say that? Sure. Or...we could just say something different, something more witty, something that wouldn't read as an insult if not written in blue.

• Like Like x 2
  17. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

That was before my time but I imagine it was pure chaos and pandemonium :p 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  18. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

I see the new head for Savant is in there, too. Nice.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm glad I'm not alone!

Tbh, and I'm genuinely not being facetious here, I think us Brits are more sarcastic in nature anyway and I've noticed a lot (not all, put down those pitchforks snowflakes) of Americans miss it. Like I said before, I'm very sarcastic, always have been and my sense of humour is very dry and I think that gets mistaken for aggressiveness by ppl that aren't used to it at times.

But fuck changing colour of text. If you miss it then you miss it. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines.

Back OT I'm still loving that two toned yellow on Dragstrip. Got a feeling he's gonna look very swish in hand.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In that case, there are a lot of people on this site who aren't doing a very god job with it.

Exactly.

The way I see it, the point of speaking, writing, language itself, is to express an idea. If you attempt to communicate an idea and that idea is not conveyed, then you, the communicator have failed in your objective. It may not be your fault, but you have failed nonetheless. Blue text was agreed upon by this community as a tool to assist in communicating sarcasm though it has evolved over time to include any sort of "I'm not serious about this" statement, rather than just sarcasm. One does not need to avail themselves of all available tools, of course, but choosing not to risks failing in your objective to communicate your thought correctly.

They say that 90% of communication is not the words you say but intonation, body language, etc. This is almost certainly a gross exaggeration but the point stands that text is not as clear a communication channel as speaking face to face. Add to that the fact that some people simply don't pick up on things like sarcasm as easily as others - all of us have differently wired brains - and the fact that not everybody on this site is from the same region with the same sensibilities (and some aren't even native english speakers) and you've got quite a bit of potential for miscommunication. Why wouldn't you want to use every available tool to make sure your meaning is understood?

On the other hand, refusing to use an established communication tool in a community itself communicates something. If, when you're in Rome, you refuse to do as the Romans do, it comes across as a criticism of the Romans. "I think the way the Romans do things is stupid and I refuse to adapt because all of you are wrong. You should all conform to my way rather than me conforming to yours." Perhaps that's not the intended message but remember, if you don't convey the message you intend, then you as the communicator have failed.

TL;dr: get over yourselves and make an effort to fit in. :p  Or don't, but be aware of the message you're sending.

Sounds pretty arrogant if you ask me. And condescending toward Americans. I know I've read some of your posts as aggressive before, this one included. I still maintain that the failure is on the part of the speaker if they're not understood, seeing as how that's literally the purpose of speaking, but what do I know?

• Like Like x 7