X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sure once this thing is in real form and in my hands, I will squeal like a little girl cause I will have a true 5 member G1 MP Stunticons that looks like SEX!
    Aerialbots next please, XTB.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Late Ironhide

Late Ironhide The Fallen Hero

I would like to see them do a toon look to the Protectobots. I bet they will look bad a..

• Like Like x 1
  3. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Did. Not. Know that...

4. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

This comment made reading through all the bickering worth it!

5. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    So when is Breakdown due to release? Isn't he the first?

6. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

FF to 2:25 for Menasor combining

While XTB is not perfect (what really is?) it's pretty close. Now if DX9 would show us their cards...

• Like Like x 1
  7. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

I'd like to see a Motormaster with a little faux Rumble that flips up behind the windsheid in the driver seat when it's in alt mode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    The sequence where Devastator transform is wrong... I don't see a flying crotch, head, forearms and lats merging with the rest of the Constructicons :p 

I like the silhouette of Menasor just moments before charging against Bruticus... I think DX9 Menasor looks closer to that look than XTB...

Maybe Monolith needs bigger shins...

9. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Godwin's law dude, Godwin's law.

Anyway FWIW MotorMaster sounds like MotorMeister and the Stunticons are c*nts and they'd be the Kunstuckticons so their names sound German and Germans sound pretty damn Nazi and Hitler was a Nazi who was an Austrian which is like a German, so there.

10. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Wow, with all the new posts, I thought there was an update. Instead, it was a bunch of squabbling.

Oh well, back to waiting to see more, I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Should be beginning of next month after octane or with octane and possibly the reflector reissue.

12. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you look at the glass house on the Porsche on the combined bot’s arm (the front rear and side windows) they are tiny compared to the hood and rear end that you see. Also there is a huge thickness of b-pillar on the forearm - much more than the Porsche actually has.

Seems fairly clear to me we are seeing the actual car bot split in half plugged into the arms, but then a faux much larger hood and rear end piece including faux wheels clips over to give the appearance of a more toon accurate larger arm car.

Less obvious but must be something similar happening with Dragstrip. Look at the tiny engine block of the real car nestled inside the larger faux car parts.

I’d imagine the larger faux car parts are optional so you could have a less accurate but less partsformy figure if you leave them off.

• Like Like x 4
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Good observation!

14. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. Yeah, it looks like you're right. Good eye.
    So now I find myself wondering about price. The limbs are $40 but all we've heard about Motormaster is that he's supposedly not going to be crazy expensive. But I'm wondering if there's going to be a sixth piece to this set where it's just all the combiner parts that aren't part of Motormaster or the cars, since it really seems like there might be more fake parts than real on the combined form.

15. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I tend to believe there are some good reasons in between the bashing as to why people don't like something and may lead to a better final product. Of course it's pointless to say you don't like it and not explain why or how it would be better. That's just a cry for attention IMO.

Animals want things and just act, I think discourse is the only thing that separates us from them. The ability to convince or change someone's perspective or opinion by challenging it.

Glad the head looks more toonish now. The old face reminded me of a pro wrestler. I always liked how clean and sleek Menasor was compared to other combiners. Not that I disliked the others, but he had a uniform feel about him which is what some people seem to dislike, a big bot with bolt on cars. I like the variety amongst the combiners. This guy and the six trains would probably have the most basic clean looks of the combiners.

I couldn't resist watching the whole thing! There is a good shot of the chest on wildrider and he has some good detail that breaks it up if they decide to paint it that way.

16. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, can't believe I'm wading into this cesspool of a discussion, but here goes. Personally I love the cartoon aesthetic, so I'm very interested in this. However, DX9's recent about face from Chugsterpiece to toon has me very excited as well. Throw in the Transformission set and it's just a great time to be a Stunticon fan.

The XTB individual modes look superb in both modes as does the combined form, but like most others I'm a little concerned about how it's achieved. I'll admit if the arms end up being some sort of faux car shells I'll be disappointed, but I just can't imagine them going that route. I think a big part of the problem with Menasor is how wildly he varied in the cartoon. Sometimes he was depicted as a giant bot that literally just has the four cars stuck to his calves and shoulders. Other times the cars are actually his arms and calves. Neither approach is technically wrong, as they both existed in the cartoon, I can accept both interpretations.

At the moment I love this set. If the arm bots end up using come massive faux parts-forming cheat I'll be disappointed, but probably not enough to pass on them. This will probably end up like my situation with MP Omega Supreme. I'll end up with both versions and selling the one that appeals to me the least.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

This. So much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I don't think there are two different car skins. I just saw the new pics a few pages back. I'm blown away. If the QC is there, this will be my favorite mp for play factor ( um I mean displaying:oops: ) and looks.

If anyone is thinking the car shells are faux or probably just bolt on to motormasters arm. I'm not sure that's the case, it looks to me the bots become menasor's actual arms and simply have that joint built into their torso while the cars side shells collapse over the trunk roof and hood as others may have noted. @luckyman76 and @Devastator21

These two elbow joints look very different to me. I don't see that pointy part on motormasters elbow and combined mode elbow is wider than the other. Safe to say different ratchets for combined mode. I also think the car shell just collapses to look smaller. The result is a well proportioned individual and combined mode. This part is the closest thing to clean mass shifting illusions I've seen. Bravo XTB.

Screenshot_20171025-094909.png

Screenshot_20171025-094947.png

My guess is the trailer guts hold motormaster in place to be the chest and back but it also becomes the hips thighs and shins with feet. Dragstrip and deadend become the arms on their own. The hands are a mystery to me unless they parts form.

I like the trailer playset, it probably means you can take out the combined mode guts and fit at least 1 maybe two stunticons in the trailer in alt mode. It's a very different approach to what we have seen before to address some of the issues in past attempts. It leaves a clean trailer playset ala Optimus G1 motormaster homage. I'm really looking forward to it

I'll admit constructor bothered me because he was 6 plus 1 being the hips. This extra mass hides in the trailer so they can carry everything they need to combine.

@Oktiduz , an ab crunch? Unbelievable, must be the trailer guts being separate from the chest/back as motormaster?

@ibot , I see why you have been so busy. Amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  19. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Yes, this is how I see it exactly. You can see where there are raised edges on the parts he speaks of indicating they snap on over the actual car bits to create larger dimensions.

20. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did like constructor. There is a difference though in that constructor's major add on part was the thighs/waist. And forearms. The remainder of the bots themselves formed a part of the combiner. I get that it is different with Menasor, and practically a necessity to some degree. However,, and I'll say it again from one of my previous posts, my biggest complaint is that Motormaster doesn't form the torso other than getting stuffed in the back. An homage to G1 is great, and I'll grant the argument of the arm and leg bots needing to be the way they are for the sake of accuracy, however, the one thing I don't agree with is Motormaster not being involved in any other way other than filler for the back of Menasor.