X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Naturally, as they're unpainted plastic and the red arms are painted parts. And you don't want paint on high touch areas like hands, so it's probably as close as they can get it.

TCP:
    X-Transbots MX-XV DEATHWISH (Deadend)
    X-Transbots MX-XVI OVERHEAT

Most of the comments wouldn't qualify for that description. And it's nothing personal. After all, we don't even know who took the photos. But that person did their job ineffectively to pose it so awkwardly so it would follow that people commenting on that are perfectly within reason. if you're going to release shots to the public as marketing material for your product, you should at least try to make it look good. Technically, that's on both the photog and keith for approving the release of those shots. All seems perfectly within line. No one has been personally attacked considering we don't even know who took the photos that make Gravestone look so awkward and broken-sculpted in those action poses. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

Meh, I still think it was done just to show off the articulation of Motormaster. I will reserve judgement until I see a finished MM because I don't believe they would shit the bed on him after doing such an awesome job on the four cars. If they do...well, I bought him to face off against Superion on a shelf anyways so I'll see the cars I love and not Motormaster.

• Like Like x 3
  3. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    I’ll wait for reviews when the set is complete. But if it is anything like Superion from Zeta, I’ll definitely buy a set. Will wait patiently

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And TCP
    X-Transbots MX-XV DEATHWISH (Deadend)
    X-Transbots MX-XVI OVERHEAT

You joke, but the price climb on these is actually kind of annoying. Many of us jumped on this highway train (see what I did there? No? It's cuz a truck with multiple trailers is a highway train and Gravestone was originally going to come with two... oh you did get it but it just wasn't funny? Ok then) specifically because Crackup was so affordable.* It's just a little frustrating that these later bots are nearly double the price of the first one. Going from $40 to $60 was annoying but going from $40 to $70 seems really drastic.

And you know what? I will bet you that we won't know Gravestone's price until after Overheat and Death Wish are released and the orders are already filled and paid for. I love XTB and own more of their figures than any other 3p, but damn the pricing strategy on this set is putting a bad taste in my mouth. How can they have priced all three components of Powermaster Optimus already but still not know what Motormaster is going to cost?

*Yes yes the stolen designs and KO nonsense. I know somebody is going to bring that up: shut up about that already. It doesn't matter why Crackup was cheaper - all that matters is that he was the bait and these later bots are the switch. At the time Crackup came out, the prevailing opinion was that all the limbs would be priced the same and ibot made no effort at all to dispel those rumors.

I've gone back and rewritten the last few paragraphs and tried to tone them down because it reads as much more harsh than I'm really feeling about this subject. As I said, it's annoying but I wouldn't call it evil and it's not a dealbreaker or anything. I just feel like it could've been handled better. When we were all celebrating the cheap combiner set, Ibot could've stepped in and said something like, "hey, we don't know if all of the limbs will be this cheap. We might have to charge more for later ones," or something. And honestly, it's even a very smart idea to price the first figure cheaper so that people who aren't sure if they want in can, for a small investment try it out and see if they like it. A "free sample" kind of thing (or, you know, "discounted sample" in this case) where you get a taste and see if it's a set you'd be interested in. It's freakin' genius actually. As long as they're up front about it, that's a damn good business move. It's the lack of communication, especially when Ibot was constantly in this thread at the time and made no effort whatsoever to dispel the talk of a cheap combiner. He even once chimed in to assure us that Motormaster would be reasonably priced while letting us continue to go on about the $40 limbs.

Anyway, $70 isn't unreasonable and I'm still in. Just not thrilled about how it's gone down. I really hope Motormaster actually is reasonably priced and I don't have to abandon this set with only four out of five of the figures.

• Like Like x 6
  6. DisCode

DisCode Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It's why I said I wouldn't be surprised if it was gonna be about £75 to £100. That is if they include the two trailers

7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Totally agree with you actually. I joined because the first member was 40$... otherwise, would not have caved in to be honest. Second member was 60$, not happy, ok liked it enough to try it out. I was expecting the other two to also be 60$. Not sure if BBTS decided the 10$ increase, or is it XTB, but not cool indeed. Good thing for me, is, it is not a must have at this point, but if I can get Overheat for 60 USD shipped (with flash sale), i will be ok to get it too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've gotta say, these last 2 limbs look really good. Rubber tires and all.
    I'm glad to see that traditional XTB/KFC derpy face didn't go beyond Crackup.

It's nice to know the last 2 XTB Stunticon limbs will drop next month.

Just get them from ShowZ or Baba (especially during an Ebay flash sale). Those are the options I'll go with.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TCP has them for $70 as well. Looks like that's just the MSRP this time around.

• Like Like x 1
  10. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's XTB that raised the price. The cost price they're charging to retailers on these two is higher.

11. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Just keep in mind that TCP will always follow what BBTS / TF Source put as MSRP.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

The price is still totally reasonable. Check the price of the G2/G1 Seaspray. He is the same as these. They are bigger and combiner parts.

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I guess Keith heard he had the high grounds...

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wonder what the price of these limbs would be if they came from Takara's MP line.

• Like Like x 4
  15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    120 - 150 $/ea

• Like Like x 5
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Right. Plus no rubber tires.
    Then folks would be ready to send us to the guillotine for saying we'll wait for the KO.

• Like Like x 3
  17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Just dont let Keith know that... cause he now knows he has the high grounds...

• Like Like x 1
  18. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Anyone know where to get some good G2 faction stickers for this set. (G2 set obviously).

Just got my yellow flipout and it's just not right without a big yellow G2 'con insignia on the front.

Doesn't have to be yellow, but the purple one would look odd. Maybe at least an outline one.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Why does Overheat get 2 guns while all the other members only get one?

upload_2019-3-27_12-12-17.png
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    G2 Silver backed symbols.
    Symbols for G2 Decepticons (Silver backed)

G2 rub signs also available.
    Rub signs for G2