X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I might just wait for the G2 Dragstrip.
    That Tyrrell looks good in black.

2832077744_6af33ecfee.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

I'm expecting the ballpark of $150, hoping for $130 though, heh.

• Like Like x 2
  3. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, they have gotten people to double dip with the G2 versions, so maybe that'll keep the price point for their Motor Master down. Speaking of, G2 Flipout was supposed to be another Toy Dojo exclusive for TFCon, but given other retailers have put it up for pre-order, needless to say Toy Dojo is a little confused at the situation right now.

In any case, that has it coming out mid March. Given Flipout came out before G2 Crackup, who knows, maybe we'll get Deathwish (even if its not up for pre-order anywhere yet) after CNY but before TFCon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Given they seem to be sitting on a pile of G2 Crackups, I'd have thought they declined the second G2 unit exclusive.

• Like Like x 2
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Someone's head at ToyDojo definitely rolled after that attempt at Cracking Up ;) 

6. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I just transformed XT Breakdown. That is one hot bot. Very nice and happy I entered into this set recently. I have Wildrider waiting to transform maybe tomorrow. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Being honest, the statement eas in regard to a conversation about the stability of combiners.

It was assumed that that a reasonable person would understand that point was in relation to traditional combiners, as they would be the only ones where the case of gestalt stability would apply.

However, I understand that some people find joy in being pedantic.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, seeing as you think I'm a pedant, surely the original comment would be more apt in a traditional combiner thread and not one that uses a full exo skeleton that has clip on parts? That's a pretty major factor if you were genuinely concerned.

In which case a 19" figure with removable body armour has plenty of space for strong ratchets. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Ηm....Not sure how my opinion matters any, but since it was referred upon:

The discussion has no value if both parties dont mutually agree of what was the meaning of the word combiner. Arguing over technicalities is an exercise in futility. That said, from what I understand they meant the word combiner as a gestalt(hence why I too said that Reflector type bots dont count). As to the way it combines, yeah its indeed MotorMaster with clip on 'armor'.Which is a tricky proposition into itself. For example I am curious to see how Motormasters limbs, are going to react in the pressure/weight of the figures + assorted shells.

Dont make any mistake about it: It might not be a traditional scramble city esque combiner, but it will have its own challenges to overcome, which still pale in comparison to combining a couple bots to form a box, or a vehicle.
    I am a KFC/XTB fan but still I want to see the end result before I commit.

10. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I've edited it out as you were replying as it wasn't necessary but seeing as you've now replied.....

The fact it isn't a combiner that relies on two separate figures to prop it up and reference the fact they hope this company can pull stability off is totally relevant. It absolutely will have its own challenges, no arguments there at all but the fact it has more of a similarity to Reflector in how it combines to any conventional combiner is also hugely relevant as is the fact both Reflector and Simba are both technically combiners no matter how much you wanna dress it up otherwise. One figure connects, one might even say combine, to another. I don't understand why ppl are arguing against this fact here. If I was really going to be pedantic then I could point at the Junkions and suggest they've got pegging systems that could potentially be used here down solid.

If the basic element of one figure connecting to another to form a larger whole isn't a combiner then what is it?

Does it matter if there's 2, 3, 5 or 6 figures as long as one is connecting to another?

Would any reasonable person think that only a 5/6 member teams can be classed as a combiner or is it pedantic to call anything that can join to another the same thing?

So I say again. I'm sure stability will be fine. They've worked on combiner connections before and this is a 19" robot with removable body armour. Also I'm pretty sure Motormaster's limbs will be contained inside the torso and they have nothing to do with Menasor, similar to how we've seen DX9 Menasor torso.

Edit - FB_IMG_1548627769147.jpg

I don't think Motormaster's arms would fit through the torso or have that kinda mass.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

I really can't wait to see the robot mode on Overheat. For real I think the car mode looks soooo good.

12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ooo, I don't think I've seen that pic before. I like how it looks. I mean you can clearly see what looks like Motormaster's legs hanging out back there but it looks ok. Like it fits. I really hope XTB doesn't fuck up the price because I want to have this guy finished.

.... Wait. Is his right leg shorter than his left? They had to put something under his foot to level him?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

motor master is scrunched into a square and shoved into the back?

14. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It’s not surprising, zeta is setting that precedent with Superion and Silverbolt. Doesn’t bother me.

• Like Like x 5
  15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Imagine how many hundred-dollar bills would need to be scrunched up to fill that space.

• Like Like x 4
  16. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It's a very early test I believe so it'll need help in some places.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

if the combined figure has no glaring QC issues then I am also ok with it. fans project did a good job with their version of menasor.

speaking of superion I am considering getting rid of the TFC uranos set.

18. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Directly pgrading from Uranos to Kronos would be a revelation!

• Like Like x 2
  19. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OK, this will ruffle some feathers. Just my opinion, If you think its stupid - that's your prerogative, and I probably agree.

I'd like it if XTB incuded shells for the combiner with the trailer. The individual toys are turning out so great (keep up the good work!) that I'd display a Menasor with shells and the bots individually.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

News Credits:
    I'm buying two of each member, so I can display both the individual bots and Menasor. But I would have no problems with this option. I would simply display the bots originally intended for Menasor in car mode ;) 

• Like Like x 1