X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    They just sort of sit there, unfortunately. That's probably my biggest complaint, because it feels like they should peg in... but they don't. If you look at the instructions, they explicitly say just to fold them down and nothing about pegging them in. So yeah... they just kinda sit there. I feel like you could shave some plastic somewhere and it might actually tab in, but I didn't really feel like trying (ironic since I've modified much more expensive figures, but oh well).

The shoulders could definitely have been better but it seems 598 improved with Flipout, from what I've seen. That's what I'm enjoying about his designs at the moment - he seems to be improving with each one, fixing problems from his previous designs as he goes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Ahh I see. Yeah I find it weird as well. You could probably mod that but I ain’t ready for that shit lol.

Yeah that’s always good. I’ll wait and see what flipout has install in a good 8 hours from now. And I’m sure deathwish is gonna be great.

3. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

Did your Crackup not come in a little clear baggie? Or maybe you took it out before taking the pic? I could of sworn they came in a small little bag.

• Like Like x 1
  4. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He did with mine.
    20180821_113704.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Lol don’t worry he did. I just took it off.

6. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, heh, I know it isn't a big deal, was just curious if they started not doing that or something.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    So it’s flipout time. First off this is easily my favourite of the two. The paint is incredible and applied well. The transformation is fun and I’d say a bit easier than crackup’s apart from some untabbing at the doors and tabbing in on the back. I love the sculpt as well. So hardass and he just seems like he wants to wreck shit up and stop being bored at all times. Joints are very solid and the knee ratchets are very nice. Also like crackup I won’t be swapping the face since it’s just inferior. I mean when would I ever want to trade out electric red super growl plank for normal burgundy kinda pissed off noggin?
    04C582E3-47E1-4245-B4E0-C2CD445A1E6F.jpeg 42EC70C7-16B9-453A-9829-20F9B09DDF51.jpeg 53FEB2F5-199D-4C41-89FE-CE1637CE16B3.jpeg 7998CB7C-AA8D-4992-80C8-48B4ACFFA885.jpeg
    DA5DF3F3-E69E-46B4-AD32-8195FE77D713.jpeg
    04778516-9451-47BA-885D-BEDA2D9559E1.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Pretty sure the extra face included with Flipout is for Crackup. Looks better than the stock face, in my opinion.

IMG_20190117_211713.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh I see. Is it a new sculpt or if not which one is it of the others?

10. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

I think it's a new sculpt. I honestly don't remember what the extra one looked like that came with Crackup, but I think it was a different sculpt than the one included with Flipout.

All I remember is that when I got all three of them in hand, the one that came with Flipout was the one I thought looked best and, to my eye, the one that looked the closest to Breakdown's animation model. Wish it was a little meaner, instead of just mildly grumpy, but it's still an improvement.

Also wish these guys had an easier face-swapping gimmick and came with multiple expressions. That needs to be standard practice with all MPs. Other than that, these guys are awesome (especially Flipout).

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry to reach so far back in this thread, but im om the xtransbots menasor train. I think it's fascinating how all these companies are tackling big combiners. The cartoon never took physics and engineering into account so this challenge of toon like accuracy (which I think 3rd party is holding themselves too...to a degree). Its open season on design. Otherwise everyone would be doing a variant of combiner wars most likely.

12. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’ll have to check later. I just put them back as cars which is a lot harder than the other way around. Mainly with flipout. I did like how longer the stock face was. The packed in one seemed a bit tighter. But thanks.

13. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 19.53.59.png

;) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    So I tried to swap out the faces for crackup and it was a total failure. Not only did I fuck up the screw I lost both faces. Whatever. I prefer the stronger red on the face. And also the stock one is nice and long while the other two looked squished. Also he looks a lot more vacant and worried which I prefer.

15. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    FansToys Fanboys™ would still buy them.

Actually, isn't that what FansToys already make? Half the people who buy their products don't transform them or only transform them once, anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I dunno. I just find them too perfect. And whenever they’re perfect I don’t want the deco they intended. I just want a weird one. Like their stunticons. They look so amazing, better than XTB. But I’d rather have them as the autobot team in masquerade. I could list examples like this for every single release they’ve done. It’s weird.

17. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Yeah. The transformations aren't fun since their Skyfire. It really sucks the fun out of the toy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Someone in the Zeta Superion thread was claiming it's because people aren't "mechanically inclined", which simply doesn't seem true to me - that just seems like an excuse for FansToys' shortcomings.

To be fair, the ONLY FansToys figure I have right now is Phoenix/Skyfire, but I'll be getting their Arcee and Cyclonus, despite their problems. But just watching videos for their figures makes me not want to buy them.
    Kup, for instance - I looked at so many videos of Koot, trying to convince myself I wanted him because I like Kup, but I just couldn't do it - he looks so beyond un-fun that I just cannot justify buying him.
    Cyclonus... eh, he doesn't look great engineering-wise, but I can stomach it (the QC, not so much, but at least there's a workaround for the chest scratching, even if it's not a desirable workaround).
    Arcee I just kinda need to buy every version of because I like G1 Arcee a lot.

But things like their Springer, for example, or even their Sixshot - they just don't look like something I want to play with. I like complex transformations when they're done well (X-Transbots' Stunticons tend to be just right, in my opinion), but they rarely are, and if it's a figure that is going to permanently sit on my shelf and gather dust because I don't want to touch it, then I'm not as keen to have it in my collection.

I suppose, in short, I just get annoyed with a lot of FansToys fans because it seems most of them would indeed be pleased with Action Master-esque figures instead, but they always insist that they need to know that the figures can transform even though they'll never transform them, and then praise FansToys for an amazing product even though they've missed half the experience and therefore also missed half of the problems. That all frustrates me. But then again, I feel like that about any blind praise.

• Like Like x 4
  19. emporio80

emporio80 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of fanstoys, but i completely agree with you, the always look amaziing, but do not touch it, or dare to transform it, then they become very fragile

• Like Like x 1
  20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm mechanically inclined and I hate Fanstoys transformations. I have Willis, Koot, Sovereign, and Rouge. Not one of them are enjoyable to transform. Willis has that wheel transformation where it's technically possible to get the wheels past the arms without bending anything but it never seems to work out. Koot has those panels that need to be flexed but even without that, it's just a laborious and fiddly transformation. Sovereign doesn't have any particular nasty parts but it's still over complicated and not fun. Rouge has the shoulder pods that I've still never figured out - always just end up forcing them - and she spends half the transformation basically broken in half with only one tiny piece connecting the top and bottom so you have to handle her delicately. Also her hood piece is difficult to get flush in alt mode (most pics I've seen don't have it in all the way) and the way they engineered her transformation prevented her from having a waist swivel. They're gorgeous figures but they're just not fun.

That said, I do not own a transformer that I haven't transformed at least three times and that includes all my FT figures. They mostly sit in the cabinet but I'll pull one or two out to fiddle with every now and then. I just pick the FT bots and some of xtb's older ones a lot less than the others.

• Like Like x 2