X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Lucky - I have yet to convince any family members to buy me (third-party) Transformers. Nobody will do it...
    Yeah, a while back, and I've been misquoting the old height a lot recently. :oops: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’m keeping it simple though on my options. I’ve got some rough ideas of where my collection will go. I’m thinking the main characters in my fanfic, my earth police force team, combiners and all the cast of Masterforce. Also literally anything from kiss players since it’s had little movement. It’s only ever so often. I think I’m gonna start cutting my chug collection for MP purchases.

May I ask where you got that info from? I remember hearing from you last time and I just wanna check elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I sold most of my Classics and Universe stuff in favour of Masterpiece stuff, but I still buy the odd figure (usually Generations figures). I'm thinking about having another "purge" but I don't have a hell of a lot left outside my original RID figures, and that's part of my childhood so I'm not too keen on annexing those.

Kiss Players definitely needs more love though! I've been (very, very slowly) working on some Generations-style customs so I can have some modern versions of them. Just need to put aside money for Shapeways heads at some point, but it's so costly that I usually end up buying a whole other figure instead of ever finishing my customs...
    XTB officially announced it a while back (don't remember exactly where/when). It should be somewhere in this thread but it's also on their Weibo page somewhere. I saw it the other day on Weibo (weibo.com/xtransbots, by the way) which reminded me that I've been getting it wrong recently.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Has it? Totally missed that one lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    See I feel I don’t wanna sell my chug. It’s a diverse and fairly large collection that I love. I understand why you’d sell and keep though. I’ll be getting more now and then but with Masterpiece and other figures I’m interested in, I’ve gotta really think. Also maybe get a part time job lol. It’ll do the stuff to put down a preorder now and again.

Shit you’re a kiss players fan as well!? Awesome! Another one in the ranks! I’d love to see the stuff you’re working on whenever it’s done. That’s so cool.

Right. I see.
    So did I. I’m gonna check back and see if I can find that info again. If so I’ll post it here.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Yeah indeed. Me not your over the top assumptions that have to do with irrelevant matters that started days ago and settled.... Ignored from now on.

7. JSix

JSix Well-Known Member

Hey @ibot,
    any chance Deathwish is still going to ship with a replacement face for Savant?
    My Savant is hopeful!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Man that’d be great. An upgrade kit before I buy a figure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Is this like the last time you ignored me, where you didn't actually ignore me, and then blame me for your problems every time you misunderstand something again?
    Wait, when was this announced? That'd be awesome if that happens. Though I'd still love to have the regular face with a toy-style head for Savant. That'd be a perfect combination, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I agree it’d be nice. The first I’ve heard of it though. And a toy head would be cool as well. Although I do like the toon head. Not the face though I’ll make that clear.

11. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not been announced. He's just asking for it to happen...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah thought so.

13. JSix

JSix Well-Known Member

Ahem..
    Looking back he said Overheat, not Deathwish...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  14. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Hell yeah. Thanks man.

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the ETA on Deathwish?

16. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Before the year's end of 2018

• Like Like x 2
  17. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Best we can tell right now: Before Overheat, but looking to be after CNY, unfortunately. :\

• Like Like x 2
  18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Ooohhh boy!
    54372554-1B28-4D49-AE05-8EF85FDDDC3C.jpeg
    85A96F08-ACFA-4040-8372-C6104C594292.jpeg
    I spent around two hours going to my mother’s to pick these up. Boy was it worth it. I decided I’d check out crackup first and open flipout tomorrow. I’ll give a review on him as well.
    First of all I was surprised by how small and proper the boxes were. Just some simple art and other stuff. With a styrofoam casing.
    C98272FF-A4BD-4423-8363-E2FBEF8702A9.jpeg
    D2917D2C-ECC9-453A-8CEB-1DC7B4A2FF51.jpeg
    Unfortunately I didn’t take any alt mode pics but I’ll do some tomorrow. I’ve only transformed him once so far.
    But jeez what a figure. I’m quite surprised by the heft of him. Like I just got MP-12G the other day and it’s so much heavier than that. Overall the joints are really nice and solid. With some great articulation and he can hold poses well. The paint is nice where it is applied. My only real complaint is the shoulders have a bit of hindrance in the back. And it’s rubbed off a bit of paint on the back of the black part. But that’s not a big deal. And the colour. It was a lot more peach when I first opened it. But I noticed that when it got on to any light source it just changed to how I think it should be. Granted I wish it was like that out the box but it’s honestly growing on me. I love him.
    5F9EAE99-54CF-4CEE-8787-6550D5BDD537.jpeg
    E39AFDEA-C915-4826-8B85-3C4761E6DFE5.jpeg
    1FEB8728-9F52-4836-95B2-74D7DAF7E57E.jpeg

I love this kind of pose here where he’s just kinda wondering what’s going on and freaking out about nothing.
    2606BDF6-0743-4775-AA1E-4B0189A3015C.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  19. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    That's not what he said though. And then he proved just that with a quote from ibot, so...
    Hey, at least it's (supposedly) happening!

I assume XTB would sell people these extra parts too since they have good customer service, but people complain about them "only" being pack-ins. If they're only pack-ins, then that's obviously a problem, but I'd be surprised if they won't sell them separately.
    Not having that right shoulder locked in is bothering me, hahaha.

The shoulder sod take a bit to get used to though, but they're not too bad once you get there. As for the paint rubbing, I noticed that too, but it's very minor from the black paint on the metal pieces, and it rubs off really easily (I didn't even need to get out the isopropyl alcohol - I just used my thumb). It seems to just be a very tiny bit that rubs off and that's basically it after that.

He's a little fiddly and confusing getting him back into alt mode for the first time though. Look at the instructions or feel free to ask here if you have any trouble. It took me a few transformations to really "get" it, but once you do, he's even more fun to flip back and forth.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. Like I feel they should’ve just done something different there. You’d get a lot more range as well.

Ah well yeah that makes sense. Cool.

Thanks. I couldn’t handle the instructions for a bit so I went and just looked at 598’s (I think that’s his name) review. One question though. Are the two hood flaps on top meant to slot in and peg into the shoulders or do they just sort of sit there? Doesn’t really bother me but I’d like to know.