X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Well that depends on the interpretation of the cartoon, but sometimes it's bigger, in others he doesn't.

To me, he should be bigger than the other Stunticons in the same way Optimus is bigger than the carbots.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I do like that kind of display.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    That does seem to be the release order. They're looking great, too.
    I've personally always found them to be higher quality than Reprolabels, but that's just me.
    I just like using water slides because they look much nicer and they contour to odd shapes (for example, I put one on Zeta Swindle's leg which has uneven surfaces along the yellow stripe).
    The packaging says that they're officially licensed, but whether or not that is actually true isn't clear.
    I think stores like BBTS sometimes carry them too, but even if they are officially licensed, they appear to be intended for the Asian market.
    It's too bad you can't walk into a store and pick these up though, because I think they're great. Even the packaging is pretty nice.
    That's what I meant, since the cars slot into them a bit like shells, but yes, it's pretty much just the wheels. I'd really like to be able to detach those without cutting anything off though...
    It looked off to me so I checked and realised that it was a mix of both designs instead of staying true to one, so it's forever bothering me now. I'm still tempted to buy him and just paint the bat head to make it more accurate but I'm not sure if I can be bothered.
    I had the same thought about Eness when I mentioned them last night, so you might be right, though I'm not really sure. Then again, all these third-party companies seem to be related to each other these days, so who even knows for sure at this point?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh great. Deadend is gonna be great to have if he’s anything else like the other normal cars.

Ahh I see. That does seem useful if it grabs to more area.

I feel like the wheels are not only gonna be hard to remove but also probably hold the cars in place in a fairly important one.

Yeah. I just can’t handle the brown I think.

Ehh. There’s some obvious connections to other companies. Some are a lot weirder and shady.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Have you seen the pictures of the painted prototype? He's gorgeous!
    My thoughts exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
  7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    There were some better ones of him somewhere. I'll have to dig them out later, if I remember.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh no worries dude. I’m good as is.

9. cesco1701

cesco1701 Well-Known Member

@Johnny1378
    I agree with you, take your G1 TF in its cardboard please. And i also agree about XTB stunticons, great cars, great robots, but not sure about combined mode beacause the Shells Cars are not a really cool Solution In my opinion.

@TCJJ
    Thanks to your Great suggestions about decals. Any time i made Some Models, i preferred water decals. So i try to Search Ocean decals as you Suggested.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cesco1701

Finally I managed to find a moment of tranquility after Christmas, and in the end I dedicated myself, for the first time, to the transformation of Crackup. I must say that it is really well done, intuitive, you do not need instructions or helpers to be able to transform it. Without taking anything away from anyone, but sometimes, with the transformers of "parent house", I had some remarkable difficulties of transformation. However, the final appearance is very nice overall, I'm really glad I bought it. For my birthday (this month), I will receive Flipout (actually it is already packaged somewhere in my house :) )... i can't wait to open and play with!
    2wrlmo7.jpg

10rv0wp.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

You saying "parent house" reminds me of something. I don't have kids, or an MP collection yet, but if my nieces and nephews come over, I'm picturing I'd have the toys, I mean, adult collectables in a glass case. "Can I play with that?" "NO! THOSE ARE NOT TOYS" LOL!

• Like Like x 3
  12. cesco1701

ops... this is a language mistake, "parent house" for me means a different builder, like Hasbro... sorry man! :confused: 

13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Damn that’s always a fear of mine. It’s also a bit much when they ask you to change something and it just takes you a while. Like they point at apolyon and they’re like “can you change that?” And you just stare off and quietly say “yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.”

• Like Like x 1
  14. marioxb

Haha, yeah I know that's what you meant. It just made me think about the other thing is all.

Right! Exactly! Silly kids, Kix are for rabbits! Or something like that.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I do like it when I meet kids who are genuinely interested and understand the serious collecting though. It’s quite impressive that they can get it with such understanding and to speak on it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. marioxb

Oh that's cool, yeah! I remember one library I went to once had G1 Transformers in glass display cases I thought was really awesome! It was years ago (but not THAT long ago, maybe 5-10 yrs), but I think I remember seeing combiners like Devestator and Predaking.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Children are the worst. In the house we just purchased I will have a quiet little toy room in the basement and I think I;m going to have to put a keypad on the door because all of my wife's friends have children.

• Like Like x 2
  18. marioxb

Reminds me of going to my grandma's house on my dad's side when I was a kid. She had a room of collectable porcelain dolls that none of us kids were allowed in. I'm the oldest (and only guy, not that it's relevant to the story) with 4 younger sisters. I was probably 12-15 or so and my mom would sneak me in there every now and then to see what all the fuss was about. It was nothing special to me. As a kid, you don't really understand, but as an adult, you do. Also, looking at all my boxes of old G1 toys, video games, etc, I wish I took better care of stuff. I don't think I have any G1 toys that aren't in 100 pieces. EDIT: and by boxes, I don't mean the boxes they came in. I'm taking about packing boxes. The toy boxes I still have are torn to shreds as well.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. Safety first. And it’s an important investment. Like whenever I bring up to people that I’m curious about getting something like toyworld constructor they bring up stuff like insurance on it. Which I can agree is fair given I’m spending $500+ on 6 transforming action figures.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I guess you just have to buy toys just for them to play with.

Not that I can really speak to it either way. My oldest cousin has three young sons but that's about it. All my cousins are well and truly adults now (okay, one of them is only just 17, but she's by far the youngest), and my only sibling is younger than me, so no kids around, for better or worse.

Actually, I think an approach a bit like Ben (Benscollectables) is a good idea - he involves his son(s) in his hobby but makes sure they get their own toys and yet it seems they do get a look-in at some of his own stuff, under his supervision. He even set his oldest son up on YouTube so he can make his own toy videos, which probably helps encourage him to do his own thing and explore the hobby in his own way.

• Like Like x 4