X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not sure why it's a surprise? They are amongst the best releases of last year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    It cause XTB are never usually that good. That’s what the surprisingly good category means to bobby.

3. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Tbf they've been putting out decent figures for a few years now, it's just the negativity of the past is always shouted louder than the positives of the present.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

Agree 100%!
    The problem here is you get shouted down for praising them....
    I’m just glad they have stuck with it because even though they got off to a rocky start, look where they are now!
    Let go of the past people and look what these guys are doing now.
    It’s awesome stuff and well priced!

5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well it’s gone from decent to excellent now. That’s the surprise. Like they never fail on sculpts but everything else was a chance. Was meaning that they’re now higher brow and a much more trusted company. But I think that will fully resonate once menasor is completed and perfect.

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    On the flip side FT have gone from excellent to mediocre with the occasional decent yet ppl still talk about them with the reverence of the Quakewave/Dibot days.

Ppl are wierd.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I haven’t seen or read much fanstoys praise these days. They’re a lot more sketchy these days. Although they do have some good hype going for them. With their combiners, minibots, skulcruncher and hoodlum coming out.

8. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Truth.

• Like Like x 2
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Society has an obsession with picking winners. Winners emerge. Even in a hobby where we know we love figures from all companies people decide this is some silly competition and you can only have one or another. BS.

• Like Like x 5
  10. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    When my Dear Dead-End, when?

• Like Like x 4
  11. keef

keef You stepped on my toes

I was actually pretty surprised that Bobby picked an XTB figure. I fully expected his pick to be an FT release even with their rather mediocre releases as of late, but he proved to me he isn't as big a FT fanboy as I thought he was.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

I was quoting him, he used the term"surprisingly", just to be clear.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    1. We don't know.
    2. You can use stickers, water slide decals or dry transfer decals.

You can buy stickers from Toyhax/Reprolabels but personally, I'd recommend getting Ocean's decals. I prefer water slides but a lot of people prefer dry transfers (not sure why since they're harder to apply and don't look as good, but that's their choice).

I can't be bothered digging up my previous posts on the subject but basically, look on eBay. Usually, sellers such as Uncle Billy (eBay store/website) stock them. Water slides have blue backing paper, often called "water applique" by the Chinese sellers. Dry rubs have brown/orange backing paper and should be labelled as dry rub decals. Stickers are typically just labelled as stickers.
    We don't know yet. I'm hoping so but at least for the legs, it looks like the shells aren't separate pieces.
    He's meant to be the same height as Constructor. XTB Menasor was supposed to be 49cm but they increased his size to 50cm.
    For some reason, I've still been saying XTB Menasor is 49cm for a while now but no, he's 50cm, so he should be the same height as DX9's Menasor (not 1cm shorter as I've been saying), and should be the same height as Constructor.
    And silver-backed, white-backed, clear, and even some with gold or black backings. They also do some decal sets for official figures such as Masterpiece Wheeljack and Sideswipe.
    There are also some split insignias though I think they're sticker-only versions, as well as some extra-large insignias (which I believe, again, are only stickers, not water slides nor dry rubs).
    They do, but once you get used to them, they're fantastic. For anyone that needs guides, just go on YouTube and look at a few to get the idea. Practice makes perfect too, so I recommend practicing with some decals you don't care too much about and putting them on things you don't care much for (though they're not hard to remove, either).

Also, if you're going to use a lot of water slide decals, I highly recommend using Mark Setter and Mark Softer (I use the Mr. Hobby/GSI Creos brand, which I believe you can buy from places like HLJ and AmiAmi, but there are likely others too). You put Mark Setter on the surface, then the water slide decal, then Mark Softer on top. They make the decals harder to work with yet again, but they help to prevent silvering, and Mark Softer is a godsend for conforming water slides to angled surfaces.

Once applied, I recommend putting something like floor polish (easier to apply with a cotton bud instead of trying to spray a tiny area with a top coat, unless you have an air brush) over the top of the decal to protect it.

Just some tips for anyone wanting to use water slides (and the top coat applies to dry rubs too, but don't use setter and softer for stickers nor dry rubs).
    Check out 598 Robots' video if you haven't. He designed it and so he shows you the best way to separate the legs from the body without breaking anything.
    To be fair, he said their Mindwipe is perfect and spot-on accurate even though he's a hodgepodge of Rebirth and Headmasters designs, not actually adhering fully to one or the other. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  14. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Plus the bot mode elbows bow out in bat mode instead of sitting flush against the torso, which looks awkward and leaves gaps on the bat's body.

But to be totally fair, I seem to be in the minority of people actually bothered by that.

• Like Like x 5
  15. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

I hear you. I was hoping for this month so I could use my ebay bucks on him but that looks unlikely.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    So do we have any idea how tall motormaster is going to be relative to the stunticons?
    Agreed. I’m hoping deadend gets released next, then dragstrip and motormaster. I like the excitement like that.
    I never have a problem with applying normal stickers but who are these Ocean decals you speak of?
    I don’t think there are shells for the legs. Just some bigger wheels.
    Yay! This is great! I was hoping he’d be in scale with them! This is gonna be great. I was already accepting him to be short next to the others but now he’ll be fine.
    That’s actually the guy I watched for it.
    I thought Dracula was a fine enough release. I was just really loving that purple across him. But he just didn’t seem very interesting.

17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ocean is a 3p that does dry rub decals and I think they might do waterslides as well (though don't quote me on that). They're considered to be among the best available. I believe they're usually found on eBay and Ali Express. Also, iirc, they are the same company as eness. Like they turned into eness or eness turned into them or something. Not 100% sure - I tend to lose track of that kind of stuff. Also, I believe that ocean/eness may have actually been officially licensed to use the transformer logos so they're not even illegitimate or anything. Again, I lose track of some of this stuff and I didn't really pay that close attention when I heard all of this a few years back so I might be wrong on some of the details.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Right. I’ll have a look and see if they’re good or not. Interesting if they’re connected to eness. You never see them anymore. Shame, they did some good hands.

19. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    The same relative size Optimus has with the carbots.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Right I thought so. I had a thought in mind cause of all the cartoon model comparisons he’d be the same size as the limbs lol.