X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

Fanstoys latest reveals for their stunticons looks impressive honestly. I really like what they did with their motor master and how it scales with their Arialbots. However, I think that XT figures in general have the best looking sculpts in the 3rd party business so I know I won't go wrong sticking with this set.

Also I wanna see how FT Menasor looks but I believe XT's unique approach with Monolith will make for the better end result (ie, stability & aesthetics).

• Like Like x 3
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Stunticons are one of my fav combiners, so I don't mind ending up with both XTB's and FT's.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

I will get all high quality combiners that scale with Toyworld Devastator if I can. As of now FT combiners are just theory.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

If FT can't even ensure the cockpit section of Quietus tabs in properly, I can only imagine how this set is going to play out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Crackup and Flipout have both been good and inexpensive enough that I'm already in for this set, knowing that even if the combined mode isn't what I want I should have 4-5 good individual Stunticons.

As far as FT's goes their Motormaster isn't perfect, but it does look pretty good and it's interesting how the whole MP-10-sized truck transforms into a robot a little bigger than MP-10 without ditching the trailer. I don't mind keeping an eye on their set, and maybe picking it up some day if I decide I like it (which at whatever price they're asking). But, given that I'll leave at least one set of Stunticons already, and given how much I haven't looked some of their recent releases, I'm definitely not one of those FT fanboys ready to give them the Menasor crown without seeing some reviews on the final product.

• Like Like x 2
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    out of the 3 mp motormasters i'm not sure which one i'm going to have for my display but still all in for xtb's stunticon carbots because i think they look the best , honestly don't matter which motormaster i get as my stunticons will never be combined

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

I'm thinking December is a no go. Pre orders for Flipout were showed up four months ago

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

Yeah, those pics of FT's Motormaster almost swayed me earlier today. In the end, though, I still prefer the limb bots at carbot size, so I'm here.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

That FT motor master is looking interesting, but i really like the size of the limb bots in the X transbots set, the only thing i will say about the FT motor master i like over this one is there truck mode not having the big rear section above the back wheels, if that could be changed that would be sweet, all in all though i am still in for this set, it just works for what i am looking for in a stunticons set, and if i ever want to i can always double dip with the FT set

10. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Hey, do you know whats a really, really great idea, putting adhesive back plastic on painted areas, I mean what could go wrong right?

FFS xtb, now my first impression of the figure is watching the paint peel off and leave a real nasty residue as I desperately try to get this sheet of crap off his chest. Way to kill my excitement for him.

Hopefully TFS express can sort this out for me, as otherwise he'd be an incredible figure.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Thats a huge shame.....

suggest to anyone else, before ripping the protective film off, run a hair dryer over it to soften the adhesive. You certainly shouldnt have to but best to avoid their mistake if you can

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Well.. thanks for the heads up. When my figure arrives, I will make sure I soften up the adhesive before peeling it clean off

• Like Like x 2
  13. DisCode

DisCode Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hoping to hear back from customer service! Crackup broke, but flipout is on the way today!

• Like Like x 1
  14. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

In what way did Crackup break. Looking into these figures, but not if there are a bunch of quality issues.

15. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Had a guy at the Agabyss booth (TFCon) with this same issue. Agabyss did the exchange with no questions. I wanted to look to see it more but it got packed away before I could see it. I still need to check mine. This is really crappy and I wouldn't expect this to be the last to see of this, if your #2 or what I've seen posted any way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DisCode

DisCode Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    They are quality I think I transformed it wrong and put too much pressure on it, so it snapped off

• Like Like x 1
  17. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Yeah this happened to mine from TFS also. Only not so bad, just one small section from the blue. Covered it with a small dab of paint and now looks good.
    agree the adhesive is far too strong on here, very surprised to not hear more reports.

18. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that sucks ass. I was lucky mine came off ok

19. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got a shipping notice from TFS. Really full of anticipation, and kinda not too happy about this issue. Can anybody confirm that heating it up will help? I want to minimize the chances of anything going wrong once he arrives.

• Like Like x 1
  20. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Overheat, Deathwish

87488dc2ly1fwqc2jucfcj21e811ogtr.jpg 87488dc2ly1fwqc2jbs32j21e811on55.jpg 87488dc2ly1fwqc29jz2yj21hc0usgzf.jpg 87488dc2ly1fwqc29lyedj21hc0usqiw.jpg 87488dc2ly1fwqc2f4a1uj21hc0tt7g4.jpg

• Like Like x 26