X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    So NOW would be a good time for another flash sale.... just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SillyMcGilly

SillyMcGilly Well-Known Member

I'm sure there has already been a pic somewhere, but do the Stunticons' scales differ from car bot to seeker height? If that's so, can the XTB Stunticons scale well with official voyager seekers and such? I have Crackup and he's small voyager size, so he would be shorter than Prime Wars/Siege voyagers most likely. Edit: He's only a hair shorter than TR Broadside and T30 Springer, but I believe those are also small.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    There was never an official scale chart with the Stunticons on it. Trawling through episodes has them the size of Autobot carbots in some scenes, the size of seekers in others and even the size of Megatron. Some ppl think it's logical they should be the size of their Autobot counterparts, others think they should be bigger because they're Decepticons. I think the only consensus that everyone agrees on is the combined mode should be the same size as all the others, and this one is Zeta sized.

There's no right or wrong answer here as there's way too much variation in the media. Just go for what you feel is right.

• Like Like x 11
  4. SillyMcGilly

Awesome. I know Motormaster was meant to at least be similar size to Optimus (because of that one infitration episode), but I feel he should be about Magnus size due to the trailer. Motormaster is a huge intimidating brute on his lonesome, and I thinj he'd look good facing off againts a similarly sized leader Magnus. Also I think I'm mostly tryna convince myself to finish this set and not need more MPs other than Aielbots for decent scale. I prefer mainline for most things, but combiners need to be bigger. :) 

5. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    latest.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. SillyMcGilly

lol but Optimus's trailer shoots into space while Motormaster's is half of his body. Magnus is a white optimus plus the trailer which makes him larger. So, I apply tge same logic to Motormaster.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SillyMcGilly

so I have also noticed that Crackup's car mode (which matches MP Sideswipe's) is similar enough of a size to some main line deluxe cars to get both the large bots and the proportionate car modes with a carefully picked CHUG collection. Also Idk why, but most every combiner team's members vary so much that I mostly just try and scale the gestalts together as best as I can, and everything else is loose guesswork and personal preference. If XTB does Arielbots in the same sizes as these guys though, it would be absolutely perfect with voyager seekers. ;) 

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'd imagine xtb would do Aerialbots the size of the mp seekers (same as Zeta), they'll just be very cartoon accurate. Superion and Menasor will just be the same size.

9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

"We'll use a straight-edge to draw Prime's trailer, but Motormaster's we'll just freehand it all"

• Like Like x 13
  10. Glyder

Glyder Well-Known Member

That is probably the least flattering G1 screencap I've ever seen....

• Like Like x 6
  11. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Well then ... I for one appreciate art that looks like it could be produced by my hand ... :) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That scene gets worse;) 

It’s the reason some people think that Motormaster had a tandem trailer, when he actually didn’t- they were just attempting to animate the toy’s lines.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  13. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad the Stunticons weren't featured in Transformers The Movie. I would have loved to see them with better art. Come to think of it there's the Scramble City Episode.

• Like Like x 1
  14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you put that in front of a panel of uninformed people and asked whether that was fan art or original production-quality material... just sayin'. :oops: 

15. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I feel the exact same way. I expected that unique toys would maintain that design aesthetic with the rest of their Combaticons, and while I'm disappointed they haven't, it's really no harm no foul because those two work perfectly in robot mode anyway and I'm already just an onslaught short of Zeta toys Bruticus. So I can use whichever Combaticons I like for the individual robots, they don't have to be from the same set. Maybe Mastermind creations will nail there is, I know their vortex definitely works for me

16. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

One day I will be so brave to ask why G1 toon was drawn so poorly. We had a lot of wonderful animation at the time, but TF were so, so bad. The general character design was awesome (for the most part) and the painted backgrounds too, but the animation itself was awful by any standard.
    It's not a big problem, and it wasn't back in the day, but I just don't understand. Far smaller productions of that time looked so better...

• Like Like x 2
  17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    That's easy. Cheap foreign labor.

The real question is why so many people want their toys to be so slavish to that poorly-drawn cartoon.

• Like Like x 5
  18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Transformers and GI Joe toons of the 1980s are the only toons that I can think of that did not have consistency in the level of animation quality. Some episodes had great character model art while many others were lackluster to bad.
    In GI Joe the very first episodes (the first 2 mini series spanning 10 episodes) had good consistent animation. It was the official season 1 in 1985 (I personally refer to it as season 2) and season 2 in 1986 where episodes animation quality varied from episode to episode and was all over the place ranging from good ("The Pyramid of Darkness, Part 1: The Further Adventures of G.I. Joe", "Cobra Claws Are Coming to Town", "Flint's Vacation") to not so good. If you notice the examples of the good art quality episodes I just mentioned had similar animation art to 1987's GI Joe the movie.
    The Transformers series was the same way.
    No other cartoon series I have ever seen in my life have had these animation inconsistencies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I believe the animation quality became inconsistent on both The Transformers and GI Joe when they went from one new episode a week in season one to five new episodes a week in season two and beyond and thus had to contract out to various different animation studios...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

There's your problem, right there.

• Like Like x 1