X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

maan i love the looks of the g2 version! does it really suck that bad? I've heard horror stories.

2. Hawktransfan

Hawktransfan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Have you tightened the knee joint screw and the three screws on the double hinge for the ankle?

• Like Like x 2
  3. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    I haven't, and I really am finished with this thing, I have no desire to continue fussing with it to try to make it work. But thanks for trying to help me solve the problem, I do appreciate it. But I have plenty of other figures to spend my collection time on, and I have to move onto one of them now.

4. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    All my combiners, even the rock solid ones, live near the floor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. werewolfspice

Ebay:
    Yeah I think I mentioned this in one of my previous comments but it wasn't meant to stay there, it was just the space I had that was big enough for it because I didn't have time to put it where i wanted it until last night, which I did and now it's two shelves from the floor.

6. Hawktransfan

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I feel your pain I’ve had figures that were a huge disappointment and not cheap. mp09 Rodimus convoy was that figure for me. On the plus you will appreciate your other figures more.

7. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I just got Gravestone not too long ago and he's lovely!
    Looks cool next to another fellow SexTransbots truck man.
    2908BF05-8C41-486C-AD22-D079619B069D.jpeg D02E26AF-6816-4140-9B59-CC2174E6A8B1.jpeg

I've also done what could be considered a sin. I've colored in MM's arms a bit. They just looked a bit too plain, but they need more work done. I've only rushed it because I need to go to work, and did it to match the purple pattern on his legs. Thoughts?
    EC1F773A-D738-45E3-A1D0-63E61080D099.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  8. werewolfspice

Ebay:
    It’s funny you should say that, mp09 is the figure I have that reminds me the most of this one. The knees and hips are similarly not right on both of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

So the recent discussion here prompted me to look at my G2 Menasor on display. Turns out I've had his feet in the compressed mode for almost a year now!
    But I don't care for the huge gap at the top-middle, so I squashed them again. Fiddling with him again (had to reattach the leg cars, they were falling off), I looked at his knees.

I'm fairly convinced that the designer had something better in mind, and then it got left out or never finished. The joint is hollow, like they intended to build in a ratchet assembly!
    I doubt my skills are up to that, but I quickly tinkered up a 3d printed TPU part which dramatically improves the knee friction. It's slightly oversized, so the screw compresses it like a spring.

DSC00671_sm.JPG DSC00672_sm.JPG

First draft is ugly, but it fits on the first go and does the job - and it's completely hidden once reassembled.
    There's enough friction that the knee now supports the leg!

DSC00669_sm.JPG

But now that I've fiddled around with him again, I'm starting to feel @werewolfspice 's point.
    The legs on this figure are bad. The knee joints are a failure - something got left out. There's not enough range of motion between the hips and the knees and the ankles, and not enough support for his weight. Even with mostly-fixed knees, and leaving MM out, there's just not many poses he can pull off.

I still love his look, I just wish for better.

• Like Like x 5
  10. werewolfspice

Ebay:
    Thanks for sharing that! I think you're the first person to join this situation that is having the exact issue I have, and on the G2 version specifically. I still can't help but think that maybe the G2 stuff was just an afterthought that they slapped together with parts that they couldn't get away with using in the G1, and half-assed the assembly to boot, because they knew that the 5 people that would complain about it were ignorable. Or at least...it really looks that way.

11. UncagedTrombone

UncagedTrombone Member

So is the Deathwish reissue basically dead at this point? It's the only bot I don't have, and I really didn't want to have to go overpay on eBay for the original.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Little goes to waste in a Chinese factory.

13. NonRetroMan

NonRetroMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I may just take the joints from the youth version & transplant them onto the G2 version. Specifically the shoulders. The ratchets can't hold the arms to save it's life. The youth trailer still remains the best qc wise.
    20230118_180149.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ponzie

Ponzie CyberUp lab owner

If you have it, you can also put in a spring like I did:

ratchet.jpg

I think XTB decided not to use the ratchet mechanism, but left everything inside to restore it ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. werewolfspice

Ebay:
    It's very true. And, ff I didn't have to deal with a very similar thing from a chinese factory at my own job a while back, I might never have developed this conspiracy theory.

16. sdmacleod

There's no ratchet parts inside the knees on mine! Did yours come like that?

17. sdmacleod

You make me sad :{ I've so wanted a chest car for G2!
    And yes, I agree, his arms can't hold the weight they need to.

18. Ponzie

Ponzie CyberUp lab owner

Sure, found them inside the leg, whether it is a Youth version only thing? I saw you have a 3d printer, if you want I can pass you the reverse engineered ratchet in STL file I made 3 weeks ago for one of my studios. It is only one of the two parts, but I can make the other part with minimal modification:
    ratchet.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hawktransfan

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I’m willing to bet Keith was going to ratchet the knees but it kept shearing the knee to shin joint off, so it was scrapped. I’ll have to open my toon version and have a look

• Like Like x 1
  20. sdmacleod

Heck yeah, I'd try that out. If only for the challenge of printing it cleanly!