X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Bryman022

Bryman022 Well-Known Member

Also does the balance of Menasor get any better with MM removed and your piece added?

2. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yes, I will be selling these. Soon. Very soon. I just want to get some testing in first.

As for balance, I only had gravestone installed for a very short time. I didn't think the balance was terrible. It's definitely better without him. It's just so worthless having him installed. And makes him look worse since it adds over 2" of backpack. Which wouldn't be as bad if it looked halfway decent. But it doesn't. IMO anyway.

The wheel section will attach to the back of the standard plate. So you can go back and forth as you please. Assuming the tab system I designed is strong enough to hold it. But I won't know that until actually print that wheel section. It will sell it separately.

I will try not get crazy with pricing. But bear in mind this thing takes a lot of resin and a lot of time, even on my 10" printer. And there's post-processing. So it's going to cost more than my Atilla back plate, which is print, paint and done.

• Like Like x 3
  3. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just as a preview, here is what the wheels look like on my custom youth Gravestone:

20211022_002142475_iOS_2.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  4. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

So Show.z responded to someone on the toon Deadend with a possible ETA of Jan next year now. Gawdamnit Keith!

5. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    FYI, I don't think I will have any more updates on this until sometime next week. Between working on this, another project, and installing my new paint booth, I have been in my basement like 8 hours every night for the last couple weeks. I need to take a break this weekend. So, more to come next week!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Bryman022

Thanks for the quick updates, and I'm glad to hear you'll have some for sale.

For the balance issue your right it's not terrible but def back heavy with motormaster attached. I really like how streamlined it makes the back of Menasor look! This is great work. Will be worth the cost I'm sure!

Take all the time you need, I'm in no hurry. I wish I had the equipment to design and print these accessories. Someday hopefully!
    I'll be watching the thread for updates.

7. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Sometimes it is good to be a little backheavy. Holding a sword and giant gun straight out? You may need some tonnage in your caboose to keep from tipping forward. Nice thing about a back plate is that you can pop it open, add some weights/rocks/etc when you need them to balance your combiner. Better than fighting to put Motormaster in and out whenever changing poses.

8. Bryman022

I agree a little back heavy can be good, but MM is too back heavy in my opinion.
    You are correct, with the backplate there will be more options to get the figured balanced better!

• Like Like x 2
  9. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

Add me to any list of buyers when this is ready. It looks great.

10. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So. Should the mounting hole for the sword be integrated to save cost? Or a separate piece that tabs on to improve appearance when not in use? Or should there be no sword mounting hole at all?

20211026_012013593_iOS_2.jpg 20211026_012039608_iOS_2.jpg 20211026_012047582_iOS_2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  11. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Similar question. Should the toy back have a sword mount? If so, should it be removable?

Screen Shot 10-25-21 at 08.29 PM.PNG Screen Shot 10-25-21 at 08.30 PM.PNG

• Like Like x 6
  12. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Definitely should be sword mounting of some kind. Permanent or clip on? I'd say whatever makes it easier for the toy piece to also clip on. I guess that means a removable sword clip which would give basic buyers a choice to have it on or off and it would be cleaner to clip the toy wheels on. That seems to provide maximum display choices.

13. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

Now what about instead of a "mount", it's just a sheath? Maybe you could cut a whole here and directly opposite and stick the sword through the hole and it pops out of the bottom, would that work? Screen Shot 10-25-21 at 08.29 PM.PNG.png

15. Enfin

Enfin Destron

I would rather slide the sword between the rear wheel axels. That would be good enough for me. No holes and what-not to break the sculpt. As long as it holds it's fine.

16. mcguffin spark

mcguffin spark Well-Known Member

Please excuse my ignorance friend, but will these be available for shipping internationally? I really love the ‘youth’ back you’ve designed and would definitely buy one. I’ve checked your ebay link for your other designs and seen it doesn’t allow overseas shipping, so I thought I’d ask.
    Thanks and really nice work on all of your creations!

• Like Like x 1
  17. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the ebay page used to. I bought vinyls from him (very good, by the way!) shipped to the UK. I assume using global shipping programme made it cost prohibitive for buyers, especially with eBay adding vat at point of sale too

• Like Like x 1
  18. mcguffin spark

I could definitely understand if that were the reason for not offering overseas shipping via ebay anymore.

I’d 100% still pay whatever postage would cost to own that youth back plate if the creator decided to do individual shipping. (Please to Australia!)

• Like Like x 1
  19. mcguffin spark

And if my vote counts as an international buyer, I’m for separate, removable pieces for a sword mount.

20. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

And if he doesn't want to ship them internationally, he can send them to me and I'll ship to you non-USA folks (if you pay me for the item and shipping of course).

• Like Like x 6