X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Is the white on the Youth version painted or is it just plastic? That’s the only one I’m tempted by since the toon version has that weird shine.

2. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Youth one is fully painted, while the toon version is that old method XTB used to use of unpainted plastic with a clear lacquer on top.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

I got a "Processing Soon" email from BBTS for Youth Gravestone. Nothing yet on Youth Flipout or Youth Trailer.

5. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

This is definitely the first incidence where there have been multiple shoulder breakages in a short amount of time with the youth set. Where did you get your set from, just curious?

6. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

...just received mine from TFSource, haven’t had a chance to open it yet but I’m almost afraid to. Has anyone heard back from TFS yet regarding their broken bot?

7. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got my response from TFSource. They've sold out of their stock so they can't scavenge from available figures but they offered to get in contact with X-Transbots and get a replacement part for me. I'm good with that. They offered a full refund if I wanted to send the toy back but I'm in no rush so I'll just wait. Hopefully the replacement part doesn't have the same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    I just looked at my copy and it seems to me like there's no need for pin punching or anything like that? Does that seem right?

9. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's correct. In fact, it doesn't appear that the entire shoulder really needs to be replaced....at least, not on my copy. Just a small segment that was screwed in.
    7863E318-DDE4-4683-9AE5-A0921A75593A.jpeg
    3AEBF549-B3AB-48BA-B8A3-BF77C7506E28.jpeg

And here's the piece unscrewed.
    56E15A24-5B8B-400D-AF14-EE903E8E97A1.jpeg
    Sorry about the terrible picture quality. I still got an iPhone 6+.

On a stupid side note.....while typing this out, the program kept red underlining the word piece above. I stared at that damned word for ten minutes trying to figure out how it was spelled before I looked it up...saw I'd spelled it correctly....and stared at it again for another ten minutes, completely flummoxed as to if I was right or not. I talk to my daughter all the time about not relying on technology to survive, yet something like this happens and simple words totally get jumbled up. Hell, it's still messing me up. I keep scrolling up and down between the "piece" in this paragraph and the one above the picture (that is still underlined in red) and they look different to me!

Anyhow, I've always loved sharing my dumbassedness (f*ck you red line, that's how you spell dumbassedness) with others, if it made people laugh. So, enjoy my stupidity, y'all.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Somechump

Somechump Well-Known Member

I got mine from ex TF Express January last year, and both shoulders have cracked.

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

This happened to pretty much everyone. I only got one replacement shoulder for mine that broke but this was a combination of poor design choice with forcing bending of plastic for transformation with a connector at a weak spot and piss poor material quality. It was this way new in the box before transformation. We begged them to include two new shoulders with the trailer but you see how that worked out. I believe this flaw has continued to follow the other versions of Overheat but I could be wrong. It's really inexcusable.

12. luckyman76

If memory serves me right that is correct. The pins are just there for stability to hold the joint and the screw secures it. The plastic is still the same weak crap so just be careful but you should be able to slowly wiggle it off the pins. Be careful with the tightness of the screws because they will stress the plastic as well. The forearm was fine on mine but I had to disassemble the elbow and upper shoulder joint to piece it back together. Even fixed I would still treat it gingerly in the future because it is definitely not quality material and I think in general there just wasn't enough material there for all of those screws with the expected stresses.

13. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My second Wildrider came in - this one will be in combined mode. In anticipation, I transformed Crasckup yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised how great he looks with the paint. Ended up doing a simple kit-bash (swapped his head with the normal release), which now grace my Stunticon shelf, while the basic version (head swapped) went on to Menasor. Can't wait for Dead End!

Kinda busy today, so some quick and crappy phone pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  14. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

Silly question. If a person were to request the replacement bolt-on part off the black G2 figure would it be noticeable? Is this something that would look like total crap or is it fairly well hidden & would there be a chance of the black plastic part holding up better due to composition?

15. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

It's largely hidden behind the wheels in bot mode. Not a bad idea.

16. primetime77

thanks for the data point!

17. luckyman76

Could be a clever idea. Have no idea if the G2 plastic is different or if the stresses from the surrounding area are still that large of an impact.

18. primetime77

you uploaded thumbnail size photos btw. also if what you implied happened as you are trying to show (i think? again photos are smaller than postage size on a 24" monitor) this is a thread first. Which version, when did you get it and where from? thanks.

19. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:

literally on the first attempt to transform him, couldn’t have been more gentle but the joint crumbled

Attached Files:

20. primetime77

oh good you fixed it and reuploaded. same questions...because this is a thread first. Which version, when did you get it and where from? thanks.