X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wll this sucks. My deadend legs completely sheered off. I only transformed it once and kept him in bot mode ever since. Went to clean my shelf and as soon as I picked him up, it just fell right off. Is their a fix for this or do I need to start hunting a new one?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

Send some pics to XTB customer service: [email protected]
    Also try [email protected]

They'll figure out the suitable parts to send out to you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, I'll shoot them an email.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, but I took the last one (and it's not even the correct one for my issue but I'm gonna pop pins and see if that part is universal).

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still wonder if there's something particular about that leg. Every single pic I've seen of the break is the right leg, not the left. Including mine.

6. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    My dead ends been in arm mode for ages now so I haven't checked, but would shaving some plastic off in a certain area give enough clearance for the leg joint not to get stressed/shear off?

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm honestly not sure. Nothing ever felt stuck about that leg. Not any different from the left. But obviously something binds and causes the disk to twist off eventually. But when I cracked the waist open to repair the joint, I did inspect the left side as well and there was no sign of any damage or stress whatsoever there.

8. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Shaving plastic could be a fix but if the leg never felt bound up then maybe the damage was done when it was assembled and at a weakened state. The only thing I can relate this to right now is the MP-44 KO and the fix I just did on mine and another members with the legs rotating as well. Dead Ends leg holds by a mushroom peg and needs clearance in that groove to give just enough friction without stress while MP-44 has a gear screwed on at the same point creating the same principle as a mushroom peg and so far the left legs on 44 have had less clearance than the right which caused excessive binding leading to the problem they are known for. It took using a caliper measuring to find out they molded the parts slightly thicker from left to right.

I would contact XTB for replacement parts but in the meantime take the broken parts and glue them then once the glue sets drill a hole through the center and press a pin with glue for strength or drill and tap using a small but long set screw or flat head screw also with glue. It would probably end up stronger this way and then the replacement parts would just sit there.

9. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

On Dead end i noticed he had squeaky jointss around the hip and leg areas. After I applied some hobby grease, they solved the issue

• Like Like x 1
  10. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know when the Deadend reissue is supposed to drop? I've had it on preorder with Baba forever and Gravestone has been and gone, so hoping Deadend is soon so I can complete the set.

11. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

I might've to use some personal lubes to remedy this situation.

12. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

Use it in good health

• Like Like x 1
  13. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Deadend and Wildrider have early june where it is noted so it would be nice to see him sometime this month.

The G2 colors for both of them are available as well as Dragstrip and I'm thinking of getting them just to switch up colors. Deadend is a lighter shade of red so he should fit in fine in combined mode with the red on the arm of the trailer. That yellow Ferrari looks very nice overall and will go good on the leg. Dragstrip looks great in black but will create a little mismatch in combined mode. The only G2 colors I don't like is Breakdown but I can't find him anywhere otherwise I'd probably get him just for the hell of it

• Like Like x 1
  14. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

I had a couple of questions on this set if anyone can help me:

I've heard he likes to fall backwards due to weight, does removing motormaster help solve this issue, or does that just make him fall forward?
    Is it worth getting the upgrade kit for the car parts(I have no interest in displaying this in any mode other than Menasor mode). The extra volume does make him look more like the g1 model sheet, so I'm tempted.

15. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Well-Known Member

MM makes him a bit back heavy, so you van let him out. The shells are nice for that beefed up look, but they hinder posing a bit. See pictures below for some comparison.
    20210530_213336.jpg 20210530_213939.jpg 20210131_152133.jpg 20210131_152217.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Well-Known Member

They come with the trailer. Motormaster gets his own weapons; nearly everything related to combined mode comes with the trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    I have some big blocks of plastic and plan to try milling them making a back filler to accomplish the tabbing together that Motormaster completes while shaving some weight and possibly slimming up the backpack, we'll see how that goes. Also, the cars scale at 1:32 and I found some plastic models of a Lamborghini Countach, Porsche 928, and the Tyrrell P34 for cheap around $15 each. I was considering making car fillers for combined mode as well so I can have all bots individually available. I haven't found a Ferrari 308 though which I thought would be the easiest but I'm sure it exists somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  19. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've actually asked Mascotzone this yesterday, they say Wildrider should be out in July. No idea about Deadend - didn't ask about him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    I wonder if that's their time to get him or if they have updated info. I've only preordered the stunticons through BBTS which says second quarter and june is the end of the second quarter, ShowZ which says early june for both, and tfs Express also has june for deadend. BBTS doesn't even have a preorder for wildrider other than youth version and when I ask ed in early april if they were going to have a preorder they had no info and it was shortly after that ShowZ put up a preorder for wildrider so I went with him there. Since BBTS is notoriously late to the game with every release I'll have time to cancel and switch my order if one of the other two get him sooner and/or for a better price.