X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    I finally got time to mess around with him
    Took my time, and for the most part, enjoyed the experience, as ai was in awe how everything fit together so nicely.
    That said, I hit a wall, and with frustration put it away for the evening like this. A6B91754-085D-4019-AB5D-EB93BA5C16EE.jpeg

The following day, what frustrated me the night before, seemed to make much more sense, as everything began to fall into place.
    I found no stress marks, however I was missing a tab to secure the leg bots.
    Not a big deal, but it’s there (or not, lol).

After another hour or so refining all the tabs and panels, he’s magnificently sturdy, and looks phenomenal.
    Getting my shells out now, because I do prefer the look of the stockier arms.

One question, I had 2 yelling Menasor toon faces packed in the main box.
    They look identical to me.
    Was it only supposed to be 1? Or am I missing a subtle difference between the two?
    09223E9C-7D8F-4C85-AD47-7F4B84AEA778.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  2. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should have a stoic and angry face in the trailer, the stoic one is already on.

In accessories, you get two more toon faces, one with an open mouth, and two comic(?) ones, one of which is shouting.

Sounds like you just got an extra angry one in your box.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Actually, it looks like I have 2 each of the same Motormaster faces AND Menasor faces. o_O  C6F3CF5A-5DCE-400C-9F55-114DB8C516DD.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Somebody else had a motormaster duplicate I recall, but I'm fairly sure that's the first duplicate Menasor face we've seen

• Like Like x 1
  5. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    Longaberger!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

Yeesh that’s bad. Sorry that happened to you.

7. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Are you sure those faces are both new? I swapped my Gravestone face with a new one and found that the original face very nearly matched one of the new ones. Only that trapezoid over the nose looks any different. All the others have some slight difference in the shap of the eyes or little curls around the corners of the mouth. Personally I think XTB could have given us something other than 92% identical faces, but have to admit I did find something different about each one.
    Motor master new and original.jpg Motormaster new and original.jpg
    I've now lost track, but one of these is the original face and one is from the Accessory pack. Only that top of the nose looks different from the front, but from the top you can tell they are certainly two different molds as one is much thicker and a slightly different shade of purple. I'm still a bit underwhelmed and think this stuff should have been free with Gravestone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Good info. I’ll check and see if this is the case. And I don’t remember if Gravestone came with more than one face... if he did, I may have changed it out for the other one already. Idk... it’s been too long! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was the wife’s hobby for a while. They’re nice and somewhat functional. So I can’t complain... especially considering my hobby! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hoping I feel the same when I get to combining Menasor!

11. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

As aesthetically pleasing as this set is, it’s just not for me. Will be selling the set (no trailer ) in my sales thread.

12. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

even with hip ratchets that don't feel as sturdy or rock solid as zeta, I got him into a moderately wide stance and was able to retain his balance.

I guess the tightness of the knees and the forward and back movements somewhat compensate for the ratchet joints.

I was very concerned early on about the hip ratchets, but it seems he can stand without doing the splits.

the fact the faux wheels on the legs don't sit flush on breakdown and wildrider is a glaring issue is also something I don't like. but it does at least secure the cars

he is not perfect, but would say he is so far the best looking menasor. the hip ratchets on my TFM menasor feels like the same as xtb.

it's very unlikely I will pose this combiner with backward movement of his legs

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

so on the issue of the wheel covers not sitting flush, is it that they are too tight or is it that they are bottoming out or what's the deal? I have yet to order mine, hopefully next month, so I can't look and see what is going on.

14. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    On mine, Breakdown's faux wheels fit fine and flush.

On Wildrider, the rear faux wheels are designed incorrectly, and set too wide apart. They are designed as if the rear tires sit wider apart than the front tires, like on Breakdown. So, they will never sit flush.

20210306_212912.jpg

For Wildrider, all the faux wheels should be the same distance from the leg. But the rear ones have this extra bit of plastic, to have them sit wider, to match the offset of Breakdown's wider rear axle.
    20210306_213127.jpg

So, I removed them on mine, and glued and pinned the faux wheel directly to the mounting arm.

20210306_213211.jpg

I also trimmed about 2mm off the length of each of the triangle pins, plus sanded them down a bit, since I thought they were far too long and tight. All 4 wheels now sit nice and flush!
    20210306_224027.jpg 20210306_223954.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  15. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Nice job!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Evolv3d

Evolv3d Well-Known Member

Do you think requesting 2 of the front end wheel pieces and swapping them out would work?

17. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Mostly likely not. All 4 wheels are actually unique in how the "arms" are designed, as well as where the locking pin is. It's possible they still might just happen to work, but I would assume no.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

@Jarrod ok awesome, thank you for that

19. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

Brilliant! what tool did you use to cut off the faux wheel? I'm assuming a small serated blade

20. Jarrod

News Credits:
    I used a razor saw to roughly cut the wheel off, then a hobby knife to clean it up to a smooth surface.

To make sure the wheels were still in the exact place for reattachment, I drilled the guide holes first, before I cut the wheels off. Which is why there's holes in the faux wheels. Then after cleanup, inserted metal pins, and glued everything back together.

• Like Like x 1