X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Got my trailer over the weekend!

I was kinda surprised at how big the box was when I picked it up, haha. That's a decent sized trailer for sure!

Combined everything up (thanks to Transforms Like A Guitar's handy walkthrough on youtube!) and I'm pretty pleased!! The presence on this thing is great. I absolutely love the presentation of this guy. The sculpt is on point and the shade of grey is perfect. The metallic black is nice as well! Maybe a little hard to see at a distance but up close it looks nice and premium. Articulation is good for a big heavy guy and no loose joints whatsoever.

Transformation was a (relative) breeze thanks to the video. It was pretty stress free all around and pretty amazing how a big rectangle box unfolded and flipped inside out into this huge combined mode. TONS of parts went into engineering this and the effort it took to design it kinda blows my mind. Whether complexity is your thing or not, I can appreciate it. To each their own, I guess!

My only complaint is that mine came missing a little locking tab under his left armpit, the piece is just not in there at all, but I'll be honest it doesn't affect the transformation or stability of any of the parts there whatsoever so I can live with it. I'll still see if I can get that part, but it's not hindering it one bit. So lucked out there, I suppose!

It's amazing having this guy all finished, at last! These companies better hurry up, though, and get some Autobot combiners done. They're looking mighty outnumbered!!
    [excuse the poor compression @[email protected]]

Collec.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  3. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

I was supposed to get mine that but local post office is backed up :(  hopefully tomorrow!

4. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Got mine in and was hesitant to open it. Followed the video everyone recommended and it was a breeze. The only issue is if you let the sides which form the rib area rest on other parts of the trailer when transforming the plastic there can get easily marked and misshaped by the lower waist area.

Screenshot_20210302-234241_Gallery.jpg

Transforming was a breeze after doing it once though and have transformed the trailer twice from memory now. Hang in there those that have yet to get it, it's not really that bad

• Like Like x 4
  5. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What you talking about? It's atrocious. How arrogant of you to suggest it's a breeze.

6. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

Pull the hand back so the back of the hand goes towards the forearm and tighten that screw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's involved, but not difficult. Lots of steps, but nothing gets in the way of itself. The hardest part is simply contending with the weight during certain steps.

• Like Like x 4
  8. fury413

fury413 Well-Known Member

FYI from my previous post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

He's not being arrogant, he's just relating his own experience with the toy that's all.

Turns out he likes it but some may despise the transformation process. Not everyone is the same. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

How arrogant of you to suggest anyone's experience that isn't like yours is wrong.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I kind of assumed G1Dan's post was meant to be in blue text.

Because, ya, I found the trailer transformation to be pretty easy. Other than being a bit unwieldy at times, there's nothing overly complicated about it. I found it quite intuitive for the most part, honestly.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Well-Known Member

For some of the figures I have, it baffles me how they thought out the engineering. The trailer is one example, but looking at Roadking where the bot is truck and trailer, and Maverick which manages to store 50cm of plane, it's amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Transformation is fiddly and annoying but I followed a video on youtube and it wasn't horrible. Stands fine so far without Gravestone installed.

Has a few stress marks out of the box. I was very careful and dainty when transforming him. I was messing with it while at work so I haven't had much time to form an opinion but he looks great so far.

But.... Nasty bend on a thigh bit out of the box...

PXL_20210302_165625674~2.jpg PXL_20210302_174656854.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was the worst transformation of my MP 'career' lol

15. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Touché sir

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "It's easy ...... because I watched someone else's video."

LOL.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  17. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I actually think it’s a pretty cool transformation. Just very involved and massive which makes it trickier. The hardest part was putting Gravestone in. That wasn’t fun.

• Like Like x 3
  18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, I did my typical "no instructions" run, and it didn't give me much trouble.

• Like Like x 4
  19. 1mBr0k3n

1mBr0k3n -

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    gcbzdhd.gif

• Like Like x 3
  20. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Well-Known Member

Looking good, but that thigh closure piece is a bummer. Will a little heat straighten that out?

Got mine transformed last night. Wanted to spend an hour before bed, but spent closer to 2 hours once I got close to the end. It was long and complex, but also fun and I didn't want to put it down. And kind of floppy halfway through so I also didn't want to put it down.
    xtb smaller.jpg

One stress mark right out of the box.
    stress mark.jpg
    Fortunately you cannot see it once the leg is closed up. Anyone have any luck getting replacement parts from XTB for broken tabs and missing bits on this trailer?

And finally, it was late and I was ready for bed. I didn't quite get the torso tabbed into the waist. One side flips up to push the rod (releasing the gear that allows the upper half to rotate up straight). The other side with those 4 slots can go up and down a bit, but doesn't activate anything. Once I'm ready to tab things in, how much (if any) do I need to rotate up those side pieces with the 4 slots? The 4 slots on each side of the torso didn't quite line up to fit and I didn't spend much time before calling it a night. How much do those side bits need to be tilted up before the four slotted bits fit in?
    waist tabs.jpg

• Like Like x 2