X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

The only scuffing on mine is the connector at the groin that the shins connect to in shuttle mode, and I've transformed him many times.

2. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Glad to hear it. I’ll give it a go soon and see how I feel about whether or not the juice was worth the squeeze.

3. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

Hey what piece did you get replaced? I just had this happen and I can’t work out whether the tab comes out of the arm or not. So not quite sure what replacement part it will be (and whether I can do it)

4. Orbitalchaos

Orbitalchaos Abnormal Space God

Instagram:
    Anyone have this and the fanstoys? How do they compare?

5. jimmyh

jimmyh TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    They sent me the entire arm, complete. I got it through chosen prime though.

After replacing the arm, it still would not line up correctly for alt mode. I thought I was losing my mind. So I took it back off, looked at it in detail, and that was when I discovered some small part was wrong.

This was a long time ago. Probably shortly after it was released, so I don't really remember for sure. But I think it's the part below that was wrong. (it was my toon version, not the toy version in the picture) It was actually the piece that wheel screws onto that broke though. I don't even remember how exactly it broke, but I know it was because I was frustrated and forced it.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      207.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    630BDB21-AAB3-43D5-8804-FF93A0EC3826.jpeg Got the team into vehicle mode. What an ordeal! Next stop, the trailer.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

Yeah I think where you got the knife in the picture is where it snapped. Seemed like there was a tab in there but I can’t get it out

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    DBC11714-500E-4B23-A30C-C6761C68323E.jpeg
    Bad quality pic of Motormaster inception. I had to do a quick comparison before attempting base mode.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Galiss

Galiss Such heroic nonsense...

Ebay:
    Man I got all the limb bots and MM, but I'll be damned if I spend another $200 only to find out this thing is as floppy as everyone says it is. Sigh...

10. breaker2031

breaker2031 Well-Known Member

Trailer arrived today from show z. From the initial look of the thing I can already tell once I transform it into combiner mode there's no way in hell I'm ever transforming it again.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ribimus Prime

Ribimus Prime Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Well, it’s a mixed bag. the Fanstoys is arguably a better quality product with XTB having more QC issues.
    The alt modes of both sets are nearly identical for the cars...all being the same size as Autobot cars. The bot modes of the cars are a LOT bigger with the Fanstoys deciding to use the Sunbow chart for scale and XTB choosing to make the bots the same size as Autobot cars bot modes (both are great, just depends on how you see the Stunticons size).
    Motormaster went two very different ways. XTB went with separate cab and a single large trailer. Both are excellent. Fanstoys version (Roadking) was many people’s bot of the year in 2019. It comes with a trailer that folds up into the bot mode; but a second trailer is being produced for the finished Menasor.
    Fanstoys still has another car and trailer to release. These will likely cost an estimated $400 making the Fanstoys set the most expensive at retail (and a LOT more expensive on the secondary market). People will dispute that $400 claim and try to say it’s going to be like $250....I will take that bet.
    Fanstoys individual bots have some limited articulation issues and I would be very surprised if the finished Menasor has even close to as much articulation as the finished XTB Menasor. On the other hand, assuming Fanstoys some how solves the weight issue, their Menasor is likely to be much more stable than the XTB and far less complicated to transform.

Ultimately either set is going to be a win. It kinda comes down to how much money you have and how tall you feel the Stunticons should be.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will say, I've peeked into the FT Dragstrip reviews that have been cropping up recently since the figure just released, and honestly, I kinda hate it. While to their credit he doesn't seem riddled with too many poor clearance issues as per the FT norm, he's still massively overcomplicated for a lot of the things they were trying to do with him (to their credit, the non-partsforming Combiner elbow transformation is kinda neat, although I can't say how well it actually works proportionately with the completed package). I absolutely hate his car mode. It's too flat/wide, and also far too "solid" looking, like a bit 'ole plank with wheels, and not the lightweight racer it's supposed to be.

Those sort of elements are what kept me firmly on the XTB side, even when there were plenty of opportunities early on to jump ship to either of the other offerings without too many sunk costs (especially since the first two XTB releases were dirt cheap). XTB's IMO have the best vehicle modes, and also have robot stylings and proportions more in keeping with official Masterpiece figures. Both the DX9 and FT versions have lankier robot modes that sort of stick out like a sore thumb compared to standard G1 art proportions, and then yeah, FT goes and kinda screws up Drag Strips alt-mode to boot.

• Like Like x 6
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    You'll lose that bet probably. dalianjj (FT guy) last week re-confirmed that Deadend + trailer will be around the original price of Roadking before shipping, which can be considerable I guess. Let's say it's 200 + 100 shipping, that's still 100 less than your projection.

14. Ribimus Prime

Ribimus Prime Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I hope that’s true. I still wouldn’t bet on anything less than 325 minimum. Finished cost regardless will still be the highest total of the 3 sets; which is fine, just not what some fansboys are insisting. Of course, by the time FT finally releases it, shipping might go back down so who knows. I’m just biting my nails at how on earth they are going to deal with all of that weight.
    One plus side to the FT set over XTB I didn’t mention above: with FT, one finished set can become the toon version AND the toy version (maybe even the rumored IDW version, but I think that was dropped long ago). With XTB you have to buy two different trailers to get both looks. Most of us only care about one look or the other, so that might not be a selling point to many.

15. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he was saying the trailer alone would be RoadKing priced, so it’ll be like the price of RoadKing plus Smokey, so with current prices more like $220+130. I assume whatever he means by increased shipping we’re already paying for in the higher cost of releases lately.

• Like Like x 5
  16. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    That seems about right, shipping from Asia is supposed to increase, the longer it takes for final solicitations to go the higher I think the price will be.

17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This one is currently able to form Menasor ;) 

Or what he said. Spoilsport...:p 

• Like Like x 2
  18. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

It's not often that I experience a sense of buyers remorse... but I'm definitely experiencing that right now...

20210205_022804.jpg 20210205_023139.jpg
    20210205_023259.jpg 20210205_023344.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  19. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1