X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I thought about this, but I really wanted to see Gravestone with his trailer before I transform the trailer into the Monolith frame.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    [/QUOTE]
    Regarding the sidelock, I'd wager that a double hinge somewhere isn't quite perfect. They can be really finicky.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DiabloET

DiabloET Active Member

Tip for attaching Flipout/Wildrider:

Unscrew the screws of the faux wheels on one end. You will have more space to attach the wheels on the other end. Once in place attach the faux wheels, move the tabs over the screw holes and then put in the screws. I got my Wildrider attached that way and he sits in perfectly.

• Like Like x 5
  4. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good idea!

5. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm giving XTB a wide berth from now on but im betting thier Defensor won't be half as bad to put together as thier Menasor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Unrelenting force of nature

I was interested in their Defensor, but MMC has me more interested. I might even sell the 4 Protectobots from GT that I have.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

im missing a bloody tab on the right leg. how annoying. I'm pissed off after putting in all the time. this issue will be hard to fix and I cant exactly find a plastic tab on a whim.

until then I won't be able to stand him up 20210122_024410.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  8. D3athinitive

D3athinitive Active Member

The journey of trying to get this set completed has turned out to be quite frustrating to say the least. I have been following this thread since the trailer PO first hit, which was roughly 350 pages ago if anyone is curious (~1190). Out of all that there are about four pages worth of useful info prior to people getting the trailer in hand which has made up about the last 20 pages or so. It has been exhausting trying to keep up :D 

Since the Stunticons are not not near and dear to me, I can live with having the toy version I dig the extra detail better in this case. If it does have an accessory pack, I am hoping for an animation style face. That is the only thing that doesn't grasp me from the toy Monolith.

From what I have seen that has been useful has unfortunately not led to feeling good about any decision going forward with this set. I really like the look and scale of the show and toy versions. I currently have the available toy carbots along with Gravestone. Normally I prefer the show look over toy/diaclone models but, the toy version looks great. I may keep Gravestone for bot mode and get the toy version for Monolith. The reissues of the original set makes me want to get on these like I had intended, but hearing about all the QC issues is not reassuring. I really want to avoid the rabbit hole of multiple versions of figures, I am already out of space for my entire collection anyway :eek:  It seems like many others are not entirely pleased or torn as well.

The DX9 set looks good combined, but like someone else said, it's like an upscaled CHUG figure. I don't like the Stunticons enough to go in on the FT set. All the XTB shenanigans aside, this is the set I always intended to go with, but man it seems really hard to pull the trigger on that trailer!

9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you go back to FT's releases in, I want to say it was around 2018/2019, there was almost always a mysterious photo or two posted without comment to a Chinese social site or Facebook that showed a limb sheered off or something akin to that. And then when people received the product, nobody experienced anything like it. There was a string of like 2-3 releases in a row where that happened which is when people started pointing it out as suspicious.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kevin Adams

Kevin Adams Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I'm with you on that. While I'm in for the youth version of the bots as a great toy-inspired team display, I really hope that XTB is paying attention and makes any necessary tweaks to the youth version of the trailer before its release. o_O 

11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did not say that was the case here. I listed what we saw happen with FT releases. And I clearly said "or turns out to be an isolated incident" because it's not really possible to prove those suspicious posts were truly an attempt to sabotage FT's releases. They might have been legit but far outside the norm of what we all experienced with the product in hand. So next time be honest with the context of what you quote ... although that will make it harder for you to try to fake outrage about it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

agree, it's like the "I'm selling this shit" comments from someone who has never posted before, and are never seen again, or the "mine broke" but you never see the pics of the issue. of course there are some with legitimate issues but when you have the shit posters it makes it a bit harder to believe the ones who are posting honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

The hints and tips plus excellent tutorial video have helped me tweak a few tabs in the arms and widen the feet. Cheers _DSC5207.jpg

• Like Like x 27
  14. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Just wondering, do you have a link to a page showing how you modified the zeta aerialbots?

• Like Like x 1
  15. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Oh nice! Those shin....chests look so much better!

• Like Like x 2
  16. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

What an absolutely fantastic looking set. I'm not doing MP-size combiners anymore (but buying some of the car bots) but this pic 100% makes me jealous of those that are. I kind of miss my Zeta Superion now too. Really excellent job posing the new big guy! Well done!

• Like Like x 3
  17. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    What is that substance on the spoiler?

18. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Looks like reflection to me.

19. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just looks like reflection on the high gloss.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    And I thought MP36 was a challenge.

My trailer was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but is somewhere in FedEx limbo (no delivery updates available).

I plan to form Mensaor; let him stay that way until Toyhax makes a set for him; Transform everyone back to root mode; label; transform to car modes; label and then back to Menasor, put on a shelf, never to be touched again.