X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Baba?

2. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Basically people are upset because the accessories that were expected to be included with the trailer turned out to be a separate purchase (even the additional faces that were explicitly stated as coming with the trailer) and the total cost of trailer + accessories can go as high as $300 depending on the store.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I got mine from bababobo00712. But he's raised the price $10 at his store ($199.99 to $209.99) plus he's no longer calculating the $10 off purchases of $200 ($15 off $300, etc). Still better than any of the US sites. But at least it is in stock.

• Like Like x 1
  4. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what's the total cost of the entire thing? I would guess $100 per limb plus $130 for the center plus the $300 you mentioned? That is $830??? Seems insanely expensive and if the company didn't tell people the prices ahead of time that's just plain wrong.

5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    People are mad because when this first started coming out Breakdown was $40, a price that XTB specifically said was to beat a KO, but he did say that the rest of the set would be affordable. Wildrider was $60, Dragstrip, Dead End, and the toy-style and G2 repaints were all $80. Motormaster was $130, but came with no trailer. XTB said the trailer was being redesigned and would come with all sorts of extras. After a year of waiting the trailer is $200-$230 shipped, plus another $75 for the extra accessories that were supposed to come with the trailer (but technically aren't necessary to make Menasor). In other words, after selling us relatively inexpensive Stunticons and promising us an affordable trailer with accessories the trailer is expensive and the accessories are sold separately- it's a bait-and-switch.

There's no 2.0 per se, just the Youth versions based on the toys and the G2 versions.

If you missed the early bird pricing on the first two, but still assuming you can find them at retail, I'd say $80 for each car, $130 for Motormaster, $230 for the trailer, and $75 for the accessories, give or take a bit. So roughly $750 for a everything, but again the accessory kit is not entirely necessary, so if you skip it you can deduct that from the cost.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Still faster than from TF Direct. My last package from them has been in transit since last January. :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  7. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes. That's bad business practice right there. I really hope a company KO's them and undercuts the hell out of them b/c that's not how you treat customers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Irony at its best. The story comes full circle.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFS-Express always seems like the sweetest deal when you see price prior to shipping fees at checkout.
    I really miss the days when ShowZ's free shipping option to customers used FedEx Smartpost.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Yeah... I don't think that one's coming.

I do think it's a shitty move on their part, but KO's can hurt a 3P a lot more than a company like Hasbro. I'd rather XTB simply reconsider their prices in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Do you think XTB's pricing will be more reasonable for their Protectobots or is their higher pricing model here to stay given the price of Dr Egg and Kup?

12. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Yeah, that one is a loss (a $150 loss). Now I use show Z instead of TFDirect, as they refused to replace the lost item.

13. Ribimus Prime

Ribimus Prime Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Generally speaking, 3rd party companies aren’t KO’d. If they were, it would do more damage to the hobby than good. The shitty thing XTB did here wasn’t their pricing as much as it was a bait and switch of expectations. That said, if it is as amazing in hand as it is in pictures, we’ll get over it. There is close to a zero percent chance this will have a KO.

I think higher pricing is absolutely here to stay. Every company is raising their prices significantly. This can’t (just) be a money grab. This has to be an increase in expenses somewhere along the line.

• Like Like x 5
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It absolutely can be, and most likely is.

• Like Like x 9
  15. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    I think it depends on a couple of things, namely how well stuff like this, Kup, and the Egg sells, how much competition they think MMC is, and how they split up the combined-mode cost. I mean, you can't sell just a cab for Hotspot and a trailer of combiner kibble later. My guess is that Defensor will come in five releases, but expect prices to be $100+ for the limbs and $200-$250 for Hotspot, and even though it'll wind up being about the same people will be generally more ok with it because it's more in line with their expectations.

Although me, I'm just going to buy MMC's. Yeah, their Bruticus wasn't as big and some sacrifices were made for the all-in-one gimmick, but I like it far better than any other completed combiner I've owned (which is close to all of them). Not because I'm necessarily anti-pants or anything, just because they had the most cartoon-accurate Combaticons and the most toy-accurate Bruticus, which is exactly what I wanted.

• Like Like x 3
  16. jimoinj123

jimoinj123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    All combiners should wear pants

• Like Like x 6
  17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Or at least a loincloth. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ribimus Prime

Ribimus Prime Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    That’s preposterous.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    You're right about MMC has the most screen accurate looking Combaticons. I just didn't like how MMC made some of the accessories fro their Bruticus as separate items that you had to buy in order to get them.

I guess we'll have to see if XTB's current pricing continues with their Protectobots, Omnibots and any other future releases.

• Like Like x 1
  20. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yes, it’s preposterous that a company who didn’t increase its quality, and produced a $175 egg that explodes with the wrong batteries in it, would possibly put profit first after seeing the success of a competitor.

• Like Like x 5