X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than a Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    The friction joints on the forward/back hip movement do worry me a bit. XTB stated that the reason for all the delays was they noticed design flaws or other issues that they wanted to correct before releasing it. So I want to believe that XTB have already considered this in the testing phase that revealed whatever problems they found and are comfortable that choosing friction joints will be strong enough over ratchets.

I prefer friction on the lateral leg movement, and ratchets on the forward/back movement which is usually the layout XTB go for on leg ratchets, so I'm not sure why they've changed things for Berserk unless it's a deliberate choice (I know there'll be snarky anti-XTB comments to reply to this but I'm more interested in seeing if there's a design reason why they'd do so, again keeping in mind they normally use ratchets for forward/back and friction for lateral joints).

The colours on the trailer and combined mode look near on perfect, just the right vibrancy and not too glossy or matte. Only gripe I have again is the face being too dark but I can fix that.

And yeah Bens video puts it beyond certainty for me, it looks much better without the car shells.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After watching the video review, my thoughts:

1) I would prefer a simple, easier transformation than all these panels fold back-and-forth.
    2) A more sterner combiner with cheaper price would be better than having this nobody-ask-for base mode.

Based on XTB's tracking record, I won't be surprised Menasor snapped in half in the waist joint.

• Like Like x 5
  3. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have similar concerns but I'm going to hold off final judgment until I see other reviews or get it in hand. But I definitely would have preferred ratchets all around.

And the video did the exact opposite for me regarding the shells. I definitely want them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    V2 will be much better!!!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

also I purchased the shells and accessories,and chances are I won't be using it

• Like Like x 2
  6. RetroElectro

RetroElectro Well-Known Member

Just watched Bencollectible's video. Menasor looks good in motion but yeah the friction joints for the forward/backwards leg motion and the ab crunch joint's got me feeling nervous. Looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of posing&stability testing to see if he actually makes it to the shelf.

7. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

I can't get the image out of my head of this guy swan diving off the shelf and breaking into 1,000 pieces due to shitty hip design.

• Like Like x 5
  8. yaladjack

yaladjack help

I saw the video as well, guess I was right in the first place about how the head would tab in. only one connection point and it plugs in on the top? Super sloppy in my opinion. No ratchets on foward/back leg movement is also pretty sad, seems like a must for any figure of this size. I definitely want the shells, makes it look more beefier and accurate to the cartoon. Those thighs also scare me, seem super loose and could de-transform super easily. Yikes! Besides all of that, I'm super surprised on the final look of monolith. XTB set out to make a MP-scaled Menasor and Stunticons team, and they did just that. The trailer perfectly completes gravestone's bare back, and honestly I prefer having gravestone as a separate semi much more now than how DX9 and Fanstoys Handles it. Monolith's colored arms also seem pretty good, completes the look alot more than DX9. The transformation from Trailer to Robot though? As JobbyTheHong would call it, it's basically "Spaghetti Engineering". You fix some chaos and introduce more as you fix the current chaos at hand. It's a catastrophe all over. Besides that, it looks great.

also, I tried untabbing that crotch joint in gravestone just to see how combined mode would look, but it's tight! Anyone have suggestions on how to loosen it? I'd really like to not snap it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

The shelf dive hinge could be a preventative measure to stop explosive shrapnel from the battery pack from reaching eye-level!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I tried on mine as well. It seemed super tight until I pushed the right way. Push straight back on the top of the waist, at the top of the front side hip flaps. Popped right out. Theres a wide flat tab on the waist that tabs into the top of what I can only describe as the codpiece.

If anyone isn’t sure, I can take a couple pictures later.

• Like Like x 2
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:

With every new invention like this, Keith might be Commander in Chief of all Chinese Forces soon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I think that you can overcome the weakness in the hips by use of some fishing line and eyehole bolts in the wall.

You just need to loop one line around the waist, one line around the chest, a backup line just under the neck, and a couple backups around the arms. Secure these to the wall.

You might want to loop a couple extra lines around each leg and put up a small fence around the whole thing just in case.

Simple solution.

• Like Like x 5
  14. leo7830

leo7830 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How do I get ahold of X-Transbots? My shoulders on Overheat just broke.

15. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

is that a friction joint in the knees to? lol oh boy

16. Conran

Conran Well-Known Member

Fuck me I think they might just do a v2 of the trailer after seeing the review. Without ratchets those legs will be hilarious. Shit I think I need to cancel a pre order.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

yup, I love the look of this Menasor but why no ratchets for his lower body? I wouldn’t mind a delay just to adjust those possible weak points IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  18. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I like it. It's a shame that the trailer is so panelly. Those motormaster faces should've been with the trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

there will need to be a lot of friction for the thighs, otherwise this thing will collapse into a heap

• Like Like x 1
  20. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Yes - this concerns me.

• Like Like x 1