X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus # Make Devcon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You don’t have to be a member to get points back. As a non member, it’s 1 point= 1 cent. This does not apply if the item is in the 2 week “pay balance period” where the deposit isn’t returned.

2. XternalPrime

XternalPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm gonna be honest: Even before the trailer became available, I've decided to sell my XTB Stunticons. I just need more space, and honestly? I think I'll need that space in the near future. So here's a topic: Should I sell my limb bots at their retail prices (meaning the prices they were sold for online), or should I make it a uniform price, like say...idk, $50.00 USD for each limb bot?

Edit: Note that I'm not including Motormaster/Gravestone among those.

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sell them at market prices. Why take a loss if you don't have to.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Sell them at whatever the going market rate is for them, and offer a discount if someone buys all four.

• Like Like x 2
  5. XternalPrime

XternalPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Should I sell them via Ebay and individually, or all 4 limb bots with their prices combined?

6. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Just watched Ben's video, and I really like the look of the combined mode, which will be how I mainly display it.

The shells for the arms aren't really a necessity, but I like the overall bulkiness. It's good for collectors who would rather skip the shells, as it still looks good without them.

The trailer is an origami sandwich, so I'll be taking my time transforming all those panels. Yikes!

The biggest concern are those forward hip joints only being friction and not ratchet joints. I worry they'll loosen over time.

Overall, looking forward to finally combining this team.

• Like Like x 1
  7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t think those friction joints will even be a concern over time, they’ll be an issue almost immediately. There’s no way those things stay stiff with how much they need to support.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

After watching Ben's video, I must say how much better the arm bots work on Monolith, including the painted joints. they look much more integrated, more natural than Attila's arms, and the shells give them some much needed beef. But sadly, I kinda think everything else looks better on the DX9 version. The skinny calves really let it down, as well. Still, its a nice combiner, and if I'd chosen XTB instead of DX9, I'd be happy with it. With this experience under their belts, I'm looking forward to their version of Defensor.

That transformation, though... Gave me Badcube flashbacks.

*shudders*

• Like Like x 2
  9. sndwv

sndwv Well-Known Member

Before I cancel my order: would anyone be interested in sharing an accessory pack? I'm only interested in the extra G1 faces for M & MM, so the IDW faces and all other parts (and box if you want it) can go. Feel free to send me a PM. Shipping from the Netherlands.

10. whydon

whydon Well-Known Member

Wow that base mode is a dumpster fire. Really relies on having the car bot guns or add on kit to give it any features. Overall this kinda reminds me of the older MP Megatron molds how every part was almost completely separate and just held on by fiddly little arms
    Combined mode does look good though. I'll look forward to a proper critique from other reviewers. Have to wonder if XTB choose people they think will be complimentary for their review samples

• Like Like x 1
  11. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s a given.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It's a head scratcher to me. Why XTB wouldn't want those joints to be strong in all aspects to support the weight is puzzling. So, ratcheted hip upgrade kit from XTB down the road?

• Like Like x 3
  13. geekatron prime

geekatron prime "My Mother the Car" was really Elita-1

For an extra $50.00 too!!!
    :drunk 

• Like Like x 6
  14. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Your points are worth just as much. Premium members get the perk of earning triple the points for every purchase.

15. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's $25 cheaper than my expectation... is that an Asia price without TFSource? ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see car shells for the leg bots as well coming in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime "My Mother the Car" was really Elita-1

Under the table deal. :D 

That's another $99.99 for those then. :p 

18. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I’m still conflicted on the combined mode. I think I only like it with the IDW angry face and posed interestingly. Standing it looks like he’s been stretched out like Stretch Armstrong.

The base mode (at least how Ben had it) looked so sad. Nothing tabbed into anything, it just looked like a whole bunch of little cardboard panels loosely laid over top of each other. It looked like an actual literal house of cards that would collapse trying to get the guns attached (which he didn’t bother doing).

I really hope there wasn’t any compromises made to the combine mode trying to get that base to happen cause it was not worth it.

• Like Like x 4
  19. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

Not the biggest Menasor fan...but Damn that's a good looking Menasor. Face sculpts have a lot of life in them. I like the color and details as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Just my two cents, I'd check what they're going for individually on ebay. Then I'd list them in the BST section of the boards here for a little less individually... say $60 for Breakdown, $60-$70 for Wildrider, $70-$75 for Dragstrip and Dead End. But at the bottom of the list I'd put a note that if someone wants to the whole lot I'd take something like $250 for them. If they don't move fast enough for you then you could list them on ebay.

Again, just how I do it, but if I want something I always check the BST board to see if someone else is selling it before I go looking on ebay, and I always wind up selling my stuff here.

• Like Like x 2